GDT: Penguins v Laughs @ The Paint Pot - 19:00EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Available to watch on NHLN, CBC, ATTSN-PT and NHL.TV unless you are in a blackout area then tough luck (on *cough* hockey *damn something in my throat* tv)

Now, please welcome your Pittsburgh Penguins

giphy.gif

Playing against

MWJXcI1.jpg

Projected line-up

Sherry - Sid - Rusty
Jake - Geno - Smokin Hotdog
Hags - Sheahan - Horny
Simon - Rowney - Reaves

Dumo - Brainless
Maatta - Hunwick
Trade bait - Ruh

Our New Lord
DeSmith

Leafs line-up

Hyman - Matthews - Brown
Marleau - Kadri - Komarov
JvR - Bozak - One Hit Wonder
Martin - Moore - Blond One Hit Wonder

Reilly - Pylon
Gardiner - Zaitzev (scrabble winner)
The Borg - Polak

Andersen
McElhinney

Phil is on a roll for us, 6 goals and 5 assists in his last eight games
Andersen is 9-2-1 in his last 12 with 2 shutouts

Some Pens chatter from earlier today

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Awesome job, Clare..!

Great piece about what Crosby feels about Matthews/McDavid = Crosby welcomes push from Matthews, McDavid

Auston Matthews - Count Crosby among those who are impressed.

"I think with Matthews, his shot sticks out more as far as his goal-scoring abilities," Crosby said. "For me, it's all about his hands."

Crosby acknowledges McDavid is a special player, and it's his wheels that stand out.

"When you think of McDavid, you think of his speed and what he creates through that," Crosby said. "He obviously has great hands and all the other tools that come with it. But his speed obviously creates a lot of those things.
"He sees the ice so well. A lot of that comes from his speed and knowing where everyone is on the ice."

Crosby - "It's his determination," McDavid said. "He hates to lose."

At Anything.

Reactions: Clare2904

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
I'll always have some bitterness towards the leafs organization and some of their fans for treating kessel like shit and not even giving him a tribute when he played them the first time in Toronto. Call me bitter or w/e, i dont care.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I'll always have some bitterness towards the leafs organization and some of their fans for treating kessel like **** and not even giving him a tribute when he played them the first time in Toronto. Call me bitter or w/e, i dont care.
My wife has a Kessel Pens jersey. Hopefully we have some leaf fans around us.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Big test for us if the Leafs have come to play hard.
I think they're faster than the Pens...how many penalties do we take? How many brain farts does Letang have in our own zone leading to high danger scoring chances? How many weak, failed clears we will have? I hope we've come to play some D for 60 minutes and Anderson has one of his worst games.
Go Pens!

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'll give Sully a massive amount of credit there, that is exactly how I wanted to see Simon used and that's exactly how he's being used. That lineup also gives me a hunch that this isn't just a "winger to replace Kuhnhackl" callup, it's a legit promotion for Simon. He may get sent back down, but if he plays well, I honestly think he keeps that spot when everyone is healthy.

That would be amazing if the Penguins don't need to trade for another winger because Simon can fill that spot.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I like our line up tonight. Let's hopefully play from the drop of the puck. No passengers tonight boys. Its HNIC, show them what you're made of!

LET'S GO PENS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->