GDT: Penguins v Bruins @ 12:30EST - Da f*** Our Game Go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013

giphy.gif

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Going to miss the first period as it’s my pickup game time...hopefully that’s a big positive for the Pens and they get off to a big lead...

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Oh. It also amazes me that american football is so popular. Action wise, over the course of a 3 and a half hour game, there is something around only 10 minutes of action through the game.

Sounds bizarre people would enjoy something like that more than any other sport. Hockey is pure ****ing action. 60 minute game, 60 minutes of adrenaline shooting action.

It’s because it’s a lot easier to watch on TV...the ball is bigger...lol...my parents refuse to watch hockey because they can’t see the puck...but hockey is so much more exciting live...

Reactions: LOGiK

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Going to miss the first quarter as it’s my pickup game time...hopefully that’s a big positive for the Pens and they get off to a big lead...

My Sons B-day party is at 4:00 out and about, and I should be able to squeak this one in. I'm gonna make him wear his new Pens hoody.

Happy Birthday...! little man!

He's 10 today.

LGP!

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
It’s because it’s a lot easier to watch on TV...the ball is bigger...lol...my parents refuse to watch hockey because they can’t see the puck...but hockey is so much more exciting live...

That weak ass excuse ended once we got past 480i broadcast quality

Plus after a game or three you understand where puck likely is careening

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

Yeah, unfortunately that reigns true.
Fox had a good idea with the blue halo glowing puck, but it was a little too meh to be a regular thing.

Worked great for football though with the first down lines and stuff. Baseball with the batters box and point of crossing the plate mark. Hockey, ehhhhh it's kinda tough to digitally enhance viewing.

I for one wish they used an overhead view or just the center ice normal camera feed but NOT ZOOMED IN so far. I hate that shit because you can't see away from the play. THAT is what makes live so fun and the best way to experience hockey, imo. You can see the play focus AND watch players setup outside the play. I mean, why the f*** do they ZOOM in on the play in hockey and have to 'chase' the puck when they shoot. That is such an archaic model of broadcasting since the days of before HD. Even the NHL was the slowest sport to adapt and change their feeds from shit feed to HD. I mean NHL network season pass used SD well into the 2000's. THAT IS A JOKE.

Reactions: Andy99

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Yeah, unfortunately that reigns true.
Fox had a good idea with the blue halo glowing puck, but it was a little too meh to be a regular thing.

Worked great for football though with the first down lines and stuff. Baseball with the batters box and point of crossing the plate mark. Hockey, ehhhhh it's kinda tough to digitally enhance viewing.

I for one wish they used an overhead view or just the center ice normal camera feed but NOT ZOOMED IN so far. I hate that **** because you can't see away from the play. THAT is what makes live so fun and the best way to experience hockey, imo. You can see the play focus AND watch players setup outside the play. I mean, why the **** do they ZOOM in on the play in hockey and have to 'chase' the puck when they shoot. That is such an archaic model of broadcasting since the days of before HD. Even the NHL was the slowest sport to adapt and change their feeds from **** feed to HD. I mean NHL network season pass used SD well into the 2000's. THAT IS A JOKE.

NO TO GLOW PUCK

Yes to the NFL style cable cam/f***ing drones, maaan

Reactions: Andy99

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
That weak ass excuse ended once we got past 480i broadcast quality

Plus after a game or three you understand where puck likely is careening
I'm trying to find when NHL center ice started broadcasting in HD. I can't find it.

It said the started on directv in 2007 and I KNOW they used SD broadcasts for awhile cos my father had directv CI package and the games were total shit quality. Yeah like Colepens said, hockey is niche, but jesus can they get any cheaper in taking sooooo long to upgrade to HD broadcasts? They truly were the last and slowest sport to adopt HD coverage.

ADD:
Oh, NHL NETWORK started on DTV in 2007 not Center Ice. But still.... can't find the CI broadcasting format.

Last edited:
Reactions: EightyOne

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Here's a real good one.

Do new fans to hockey even know this travesty existed in the sport?
lol...

HandmadeTenseGalapagossealion-size_restricted.gif

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

Actually, I'm reversed, I hate it live anymore because you see how little room is out there and how much you have to fight for every inch. Part of the downfall of the leagues pure overall enjoyment. The league has to be faster to gain any traction. There's really no real flow otherwise where you see the skill stand out. The playoffs are fun, but they ruin that by changing the rules, or just flat out ignore them.

I don't want to divulge any further on that subject here, though.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Actually, I'm reversed, I hate it live anymore because you see how little room is out there and how much you have to fight for every inch. Part of the downfall of the leagues pure overall enjoyment. The league has to be faster to gain any traction. There's really no real flow otherwise where you see the skill stand out. The playoffs are fun, but they ruin that by changing the rules, or just flat out ignore them.

Unless you adopt 4v4 inline hockey rules, there's nothing you can really do to increase space. Calling more penalties can only do so much.

Our arenas aren't built to expand to/and lose seats, that international ice would do (plus I'd say there's TOOOO much room on those ice sheets).

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

I agree on the rule book 2.0 for the playoffs. Such a massive difference.

At least it would be easier to find the puck after Simon "shoots" it
lul...
Highlighting certain players in a blue 'aura' could be useful too =P
In certain situations.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Oh. It also amazes me that american football is so popular. Action wise, over the course of a 3 and a half hour game, there is something around only 10 minutes of action through the game.

Sounds bizarre people would enjoy something like that more than any other sport. Hockey is pure ****ing action. 60 minute game, 60 minutes of adrenaline shooting action.

This post is very underrated. In an ADD world where people cannot focus on one thing and constantly need entertained, football is still majestic and runs wild. It is beyond me. :laugh:

Reactions: LOGiK and EightyOne

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Considering the Pens have basically went 2 games without an even strength goal I think you might see Sully change up the lines today if the Pens get off to a bad start.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Hopefully a better flow and limit the interference that the Bruins employed last game. Not a big deal but still Pens need to skate and play with a better pace.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
IMO - this is a big gamble to rebuilding Murray altogether. This is a big game for him. I hope he delivers and comes back to the man we all know and love. But this is a rushed version of building his confidence. IMO - he is the guy who has to take us to the Cup, if we are going to win again.

But this is a fast track to confidence world. Boston has a terrific team. I hope he delivers in a big way. I would have built him up just a tad slower and let him find his stride right into the playoffs. And at the same time, it sorta ruins Jarry's confidence level just a bit. Ever so slightly.

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
My dad, a lifelong hockey fan, LOVED the glowpuck and always talks about how much he wishes they'd bring it back. It's so ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad