GDT: Penguins v Bruins @ 12:30EST - Da f*** Our Game Go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
(30-13-5) :pens v :bruins (28-9-12)

Now is the time to forget about the bullshit and just concentrate on two points!

Murray is confirmed in goal

Sid is going for a goal in 4 straight since his return from surgery

King Bryan is hoping to stay hot hot hot

Projected Line-up

McCann- Crosby - Simon
Kahun - Malkin - Rust
Galchenyuk - Agozzino - Hornqvist
Aston-Reese - Blueger - Tanev

Johnson - Letang
Pettersson - Marino
Riikola - Ruhwedel

Murray
Jarry

KILL THEM!!
:)

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
IMO if we go 1-1 in these last 2 games to the break, that is a massive success. With all the injuries and all the **** that went on - massive success.
f*** your house money and
giphy.gif

Let's
Go
Pens!

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
NBC scheduled this game with football in mind, and while a big f*** you to early afternoon games, (0930 on the west coast? hahah!) It does jam pack 9 f***ing hours of sitting in front of the tv today. Good thing its cold a snowy out and good tv watchin' weather.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
NBC scheduled this game with football in mind, and while a big **** you to early afternoon games, (0930 on the west coast? hahah!) It does jam pack 9 ****ing hours of sitting in front of the tv today. Good thing its cold a snowy out and good tv watchin' weather.

I mean it makes sense... whether we like it or not, hockey is a niche sport. Get eyes on it when we can and let football take over.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
NBC scheduled this game with football in mind, and while a big **** you to early afternoon games, (0930 on the west coast? hahah!) It does jam pack 9 ****ing hours of sitting in front of the tv today. Good thing its cold a snowy out and good tv watchin' weather.

The same thing is happening in 2 weeks, Pens are playing a afternoon game in Washington on Super bowl Sunday.

Reactions: LOGiK

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I mean it makes sense... whether we like it or not, hockey is a niche sport. Get eyes on it when we can and let football take over.
I think it's only niche cause it's beyond expensive to play not to mention even more inconvienence if you live basically anywhere south of the mason dixon line and even in the northern states you gotta get lucky to get a good freeze you can use to skate on, if you get a freeze and a snow, then a quick melt and freeze again the ice is forever ruined. Then you have to rely on rinks time schedules and crazy game / practice times IF you are even lucky to get practice.

OH SHIT.. ADD:
I forget to say this, it was my whole point of posting this then I just starting wandering...
Hockey is by far the most fun sport I played and I played all the major u.s. sports. Tennis would have to be number 2 behind hockey for just absolute joy to be out there playing.

It's gotten better over the years, but when I was a mite, my games were saturday at 430am and I don't even remember the practice schedule. Bless my fathers soul working his ass off then taking me to those games only to freeze his ass off for 2 hours.
Then also have those play-it-again sports shops you can pick up good used gear on the cheap to get into it.

Not like basketball or futbol where you just buy a ball and your off to the races. Baseball was a bitch, but I remember outside the kennels when I was in the military we had a few baseball fields and one little league field, once a month the kennel held home run derby in the little league field to make us feel good about ourselves and also clobber the f*** out of some baseballs to stress relief lol...
good times good times.

Reactions: ColePens

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
IMO if we go 1-1 in these last 2 games to the break, that is a massive success. With all the injuries and all the **** that went on - massive success.

Dammit I want 2-0.!..it’s the Bruins who have beaten our *** all year and are owed payback, and the Flyers...’nough said!

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

I'm actually ok with this. He didn't let up any stinkers that I saw in a far amount of time and honestly I'm all for giving Jarry a break. He took some stingers lately and carried the team for a solid 2 months. Plus he won't be lounging during the ASB he'll be travelling and playing sooooo.... give him the break. The penguins are going to need him in a big way these next two months.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Oh. It also amazes me that american football is so popular. Action wise, over the course of a 3 and a half hour game, there is something around only 10 minutes of action through the game.

Sounds bizarre people would enjoy something like that more than any other sport. Hockey is pure f***ing action. 60 minute game, 60 minutes of adrenaline shooting action.

Reactions: ColePens
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad