Confirmed with Link: Penguins trade Scott Wilson + 2018 3rd rd. pick for Riley Sheahan + 2018 5th rd. pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
need to see him play here for a bit before I have any idea if that's good. If he keeps playing like he has lately that's not good. If he plays like he did before that, this is great. Odds are he ends up somewhere in the middle.

High Flying Birds

Aug 29, 2009
Victoria, B.C
Rubbish. I said the same thing about Schultz though. Maybe he can turn it around on a significantly better team but I have my doubts. A possible Kuhn-Sheahan-Reaves 4th line might be the most inept offensive trio in hockey. By a large margin.

Prove me wrong Riley.

Reactions: Shaffer

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Kind of funny. I was thinking of a Wilson for Sheahan trade today since I figured Wilson hasn't been thrilled sitting and the Pens need a depth center. Not to mention it offers Detroit a little cap relief that they need.

Really just have to hope Sheahan benefits from this change of scenery. Worst case scenario he upgrades the #4 center spot. In the meantime I wonder if they'll kick Rowney to the wing, McKegg to #4 center, Sheahan to #3 center and perhaps scratch Kuhn. There's a lot of options.

I have to hope Sully will be playing him at 4C. Since he's slow, he'll fit better with Kuhn and Reaves if that's who he continues to play on that line, and McKegg will stay at 3C. That would move Rowney out of the lineup unless he and Kuhn alternate

WDYT

Jul 23, 2017
Wilson wasn't very valuable. A fourth line winger with no special teams role or any other notable attributes is not worth losing sleep over. He'd probably have been replaced by younger, cheaper talent coming up from WBS next season.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
For the record, I'm totally willing to give Sheahan a chance. Just concerned this team is prioritizing the wrong things. McKegg will be gone now, and yea he's meh, but I love our team speed and depth and it's fading into.. something else.

Where is McKegg going?

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
4th line.

I think it would be logical to pair Sheahan with Reaves and see if they can maybe play a little bit of a different style on that line. The fourth never looked worse than when Hagelin was opposite Reaves, no matter who the center was.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
Rubbish. I said the same thing about Schultz though. Maybe he can turn it around on a significantly better team but I have my doubts. A possible Kuhn-Sheahan-Reaves 4th line might be the most inept offensive trio in hockey. By a large margin.

Prove me wrong Riley.
No worse than Kuhn-Rowney-Reaves

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Wilson was one of a horde of bottom-6, fringe NHLers. The third is the only thing we're parting with that's even worth mentioning, and even so, for every Guentzel there are two dozen CPZs. Odds are that pick turns out to be nothing. Worth seeing if we can fix Sheahan.

I doubt the guy will have a p>

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Guentzel-Crosby-Rust
Hagelin-Malkin-Kessel
Sheary-Sheahan-Hornqvist
Kuhnhackl-McKegg-Reaves

This is what I want to see until Sprong comes up from WBS.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Let him play a few games before destroying the trade. It’s an apples to oranges type of situation for him coming from Detroit to here IMO.

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
JR likes his guys who are at an all time low(value wise), etc: Kessel, Schultz, Daley,Hagelin, and Sheahan. And can everyone stop making it seem like Wilson is so good. Yes he is fast and has decent skill, but he couldn’t PK or play defense which we needed on the fourth line. We also have no room in the top 9 already, especially with Sprong coming up too. It’s a good trade for both teams, excellent for Pens if the Red Wings had retained salary. It’s fine guys.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Well someone's gotta leave the lineup, its him right?

I doubt it. But I guess you never know. I don't see why they'd trade to bolster their roster down the middle only to scratch the guy who has done a pretty respectable job filling in at 3C so far this season.

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
Obviously GMJR and Sully have a notation that the three first lines should be scoring lines while the fourth is a defensive/cycle line.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
59-87-72
62-71-81
43-15-17(give Sheahan speed)
34-33-75
45 37

Would want Archi in over One of Kuhn or Reaves

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
He ranked 26th, 13th, 8th and 15th in SH TOI/GP on the Wings since breaking into the league (excluding this season, of course). Does that scream PKer to you?

I mean, if you're going to make asinine comparisons like comparing his SH TOI/game to a defenseman's SH TOI/game, maybe you would come to conclusions like that. But in reality, Sheahan was on the ice for 2:02 SH a game in 2015-2016. He is a PKer. To say he's not is just dumb.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
so people that are upset about this based on his recent play, how did you feel about trading for Schultz? This is a guy who has shown that he can play some very good hockey. Is it a slam dunk of a move? No, it's not. But if he bounces even half way back to what he has done at his best, this makes us a better team than Wilson does.

Reactions: Shaffer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad