Pre-Game Talk: Penguins @ St. Louis Blues - C'mon big trades!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
tumblr_nk2ynen7vw1txyx4lo1_500.png

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
So Mackey (I think Mackey) said Management is watching the next two games closely to see what they do as far as trades. If fail, hopefully any trades they make is to stockpile picks. The draft is the answer to fix this mess within the coming years.

There is no way the big boys allow that to happen. Doubt Lemieux let's it happen.

Also it might be a great solution long term for the franchise, if they do allow it to happen I hope they get help for JR to get him better scouts. I would loveto see them make a move and get Trevor Timmins out of Montreal. Make him assistant GM with eventually JR leaving. Great track record as a head scout

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
What if they play these two games decently and still lose? What if they play bad and win? What if they play well tonight and lose because Greiss sucks?

Point is, not sure what they're looking at in these 2 games that they haven't seen in the last 2 months

JimsDoors

May 11, 2010
Tri-State County
This is fine. It isn't fair to ride Fleury like a packmule all season. Especially when the team is collectively laying an egg in front of him, despite his efforts.

I would make a comment about it being a good way to further guarantee they lose this game and thus help necessitate change. But I don't take JR and the team's comments from yesterday at all seriously. If they are actually going to do something, it's probably already decided. Putting an arbitrary time limit on it makes no good sense.

So then again... maybe it is true. If there's one thing I know for sure, it's that this team does things the dumb/hard way.
The Pens have played 58gms so far and tonight will be Greiss' 13th start of the season. Saying Pitt has been riding MAF is a bit of a stretch.

How many other back-ups have started 13 already, while it not being due to injury?

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I should clarify. I really just meant in recent vintage. Fleury has been playing a lot of games with not a lot of results, lately. Again... despite him playing well. He deserves a rest not just physically but mentally.

What if they play these two games decently and still lose? What if they play bad and win? What if they play well tonight and lose because Greiss sucks?

Point is, not sure what they're looking at in these 2 games that they haven't seen in the last 2 months

You're absolutely right. It's almost certainly a big load of bull.

FRUSTRATEDPENFAN*

I want Crosby to struggle so some one will eventually call him out & he'll have to change his game.

Sid knows more than anyone that this team stinks and isn't going to win. No player is going to call him on anything because no one has the guts to say anything.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Doesn't even really matter how the pens play. If St. Louis comes to play the pens are going to get crushed. This team can't handle big teams. A nice losing streak leading up to the deadline is going to be good for this team's future. Housecleaning please.

I don't know man. Pens typically win a game like this. It's strange.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
This team needs to be retooled. There are simply too many passion-less, uninterested players that we need to get rid of. Adams, Scuderi, Kunitz, and Sutter bring nothing and I would trade them for nothing. Martin is still a useful player but hes very soft and plays without a semblance of passion.
Agree. What made the teams from 07-09 so good and exciting was guys with something to prove. TK breaking into the league, Roberts for his last shot at a cup, Ruuttu and Cooke being general badasses, Talbot willing to do anything to win.

This has been a problem for a couple years, but this team has no heart.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh

Precisely. They need to make a move regardless of wtf happens in these two games.

These two games shouldn't mean ****.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Here's to predicting a 5-1 win in dominant fashion to make everyone forget that we aren't that good, and to prolong the front office's decisions to continue to retool and improve the team.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I think you guys are missing the part where JR wanted to see this team play for a good stretch while it's forwards were healthy. They have been for a good stretch here and they've underperformed. These next 2 games are just important ones cuz they're getting really close to the TDL.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
I want to see Crosby have a good game and rebound but at the same time I want to see this team shaken up and changed. I'm torn.

FRUSTRATEDPENFAN*

There is no way the big boys allow that to happen. Doubt Lemieux let's it happen.

Also it might be a great solution long term for the franchise, if they do allow it to happen I hope they get help for JR to get him better scouts. I would loveto see them make a move and get Trevor Timmins out of Montreal. Make him assistant GM with eventually JR leaving. Great track record as a head scout

They should be sellers at the Deadline, Martin , Ehrhoff , for 1st rd picks

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
I want to see Crosby have a good game and rebound but at the same time I want to see this team shaken up and changed. I'm torn.

Same here, but with Sid and Geno here I don't see it happening

Would be nice to get assets back and move guys like Kunitz, Martin, Ehrhoff, Scuderi....

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Same here, but with Sid and Geno here I don't see it happening

Would be nice to get assets back and move guys like Kunitz, Martin, Ehrhoff, Scuderi....

Sid and Geno both scoring on the PP with us letting in 6 and Kunitz getting a 10 minute for misconduct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille