Pre-Game Talk: Penguins @ St. Louis Blues - C'mon big trades!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
So Mackey (I think Mackey) said Management is watching the next two games closely to see what they do as far as trades. If fail, hopefully any trades they make is to stockpile picks. The draft is the answer to fix this mess within the coming years.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
So Mackey (I think Mackey) said Management is watching the next two games closely to see what they do as far as trades. If fail, hopefully any trades they make is to stockpile picks. The draft is the answer to fix this mess within the coming years.

That's comical. Reminds me of last year. Bylsma was teetering. Then, the Pens showed a pulse for a few games, and his job was saved. By the time it became clear to the people too obtuse to see it that the display of a pulse was a blip on the radar, it was too late to make a move. Is that what's on the agenda again if the Pens show a pulse this weekend?

That's really the issue here: Who cares what happens this weekend? Even a decent weekend doesn't undo the disconnect between coaches and players, suddenly mean that say Kunitz or Sutter are guys you're going to look to for a cup run, etc.

Still Apps

The New Gig
Jan 10, 2012
Home

Agreed. I can't see anything short of a coaching change or a trade involving a half dozen 'core' players altering where this team is headed right now. I guess its possible that the Pens pull off a miraculous turnaround but I'm thinking its time to be a serious seller not a buyer at the trade deadline.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

So then you just know the Pens comes out alive, win both, and then fall back into bad hockey. :sarcasm:

joeyjake5

Feb 23, 2014

So now they are watching closely. WTF were doing before, partying in the press box....

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
So then you just know the Pens comes out alive, win both, and then fall back into bad hockey. :sarcasm:

That's comical. Reminds me of last year. Bylsma was teetering. Then, the Pens showed a pulse for a few games, and his job was saved. By the time it became clear to the people too obtuse to see it that the display of a pulse was a blip on the radar, it was too late to make a move. Is that what's on the agenda again if the Pens show a pulse this weekend?

That's really the issue here: Who cares what happens this weekend? Even a decent weekend doesn't undo the disconnect between coaches and players, suddenly mean that say Kunitz or Sutter are guys you're going to look to for a cup run, etc.

You guys are right and maybe instead of leaking it out to the media just do it. I don't know if NHL teams generally hold meetings with the players laying this out on the line but I think instead of that, shock them to get their attention. Maybe they'd learn it's not ok to go on a 2 month slump and whatever the issue is with the coach try to work it out and make it work.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

You mean like last year when the Pens showed a pulse for a few games when it looked like Bylsma was teetering and that was enough to save his job, because, you know, a few games whitewashed all? :laugh:

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Agreed. I can't see anything short of a coaching change or a trade involving a half dozen 'core' players altering where this team is headed right now. I guess its possible that the Pens pull off a miraculous turnaround but I'm thinking its time to be a serious seller not a buyer at the trade deadline.

I think this is where I'm at too. looking at this team going forward this season It doesn't look good. In the standings we are trending downward and closer each day to what would have been a mid 1st round pick- even though the trade was worth the return. Even if we trade part of the get along gang and bring up WBS guys in to finish the season I'd be ok with that.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
I want Crosby to struggle so some one will eventually call him out & he'll have to change his game.

kodoshin

Mar 26, 2007
If sports gambling were legal, I think this would be the game I'd wager heavily against my own team. That way at least I'd have something to feel good about.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
If the rumor is true about his wrists let him have surgery now, shut it (him) down the rest of the year and sell at the deadline. That probably is the best thing going forward

I played with two completely ****ed wrists. He doesn't have to shut it down. You can play through it, it's just a pain management thing.

It effects your game, but there are worse things to play through to be honest. Groin, knees, etc.

HockeyGuy73

Oct 29, 2010
Tad south of STL.
Looking forward to this game. For some reason, I cant bring myself to not like the Pens. Always seems to be a class organization. Hopefully Perron doesnt burn his old team again. Looking forward to a good hard fought game tonight, and may the most deserving team win.

penguins2946*

The Pens are going to lose tonight, I can almost guarantee it.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh

The more i think about it, the more i think that's BS.

JR has been a GM for a long time, hes not going to use a 2 game sample size to determine what hes going to do at the trade deadline.

I'm pretty confident JR already knows what he wants to do, i doubt these next 2 games will change anything.

penguins2946*

if they think the country club is on the line.....it might be different.

Look at how the Pens have done against the Blues in the last 5 years. It's not good. They got hilariously shut down while Bylsma was the coach against the Blues, and they were never slumping as hard as they are right now going into the Blues game.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
What is this 'new' information about Crosby's wrists? I don't think I buy it.

Does someone other than Crosby still take face-offs? No. You would think if he had pain in his wrists, the team would do EVERYTHING in their power to help him in that regard. I assume it would hurt him more with every face-off he took...because of the friction caused from stick-to-stick contact, etc.

Artem Anisimov recently came back to the CBJ lineup after having a triceps injury. Since he returned, as far as I know Anisimov hasn't taken a face-off (though he has remained at the center position).

IF Crosby had more wrist issues right now, then one would think they would let Perron take the face-offs...or Johnston would shake up the lines and have say Malkin play wing, but take the face-offs. Any excuse for Johnston to give Sutter more quality ice time, right? :sarcasm:

Also, if Crosby had wrist issues, do we really think he would be dropping the gloves against Dubinsky???

Sorry, but I am not buying the wrist issues argument here. Because I highly doubt that every single person within this organization is THAT STUPID, Sid included. I know we have several dumb people in it, but not everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad