Pre-Game Talk: Penguins @ St. Louis Blues - C'mon big trades!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kind Sir

Dec 19, 2013
Question from STL:

How's Lapierre doing for your team? Most of us hated him when we got him, then liked the way he "clicked" with our fourth-liners. Goc, though, has had an impact which has made many of us think we got the better part of the deal...albeit for a fourth-liner.

Is you is, or is you ain't... happy with yappy-Lappy?

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Blues are just to bad match up and then again I have no idea who is a good match up at this point for the Pens. This is a test of Pens compete level and finding a way to win. A close loss does nothing to advance the urgency to win. The season doesn't hang in the balance here but losing begets losing and once things go really south, it is best to let it play out and make the necessary decisions in the off season. No one fears playing this soft uninspired team that Shero built with so many poor decisions. At least JR with limited cap did is best to find some balance. But it just isn't enough. Unfortunately, the Pens are soft throughout the system and Keeping Picks and changing the draft strategy will take years to change the franchise and quite frankly, Mario doesn't want a team that plays like the Blues, Iles and Caps.

kodoshin

Mar 26, 2007
Question from STL:

How's Lapierre doing for your team? Most of us hated him when we got him, then liked the way he "clicked" with our fourth-liners. Goc, though, has had an impact which has made many of us think we got the better part of the deal...albeit for a fourth-liner.

I feel like Goc was definitely the better player in that deal. That said, none of the Pens forwards have looked good for quite a while now. This team's problems run so far beyond personnel at this point that I don't feel like it's fair to judge him yet.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Question from STL:

Completely indifferent, for me anyway. Better fit (Lapierre), but neither player makes any sort of dent in a game.

systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014
Question from STL:

I think he fits better. I liked Goc - think he's the better player, but I don't mind Lappy. Our 4th line with Goc was meh anyway.

Glad he's worked out for you guys, I was hoping he'd find a better fit.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
The Penguins will eke out a win, Crosby's line will play well for a night and all will be forgiven.

You know it. I know it. That's just how things work on this team.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Not by those who matter in the locker room. Being a professional sports star everything said in the media is taken with a grain of salt.

We have no idea what's said in the locker room.

I don't think anyone in there would call Crosby out though. Who has been playing well enough and is that kind of guy? Maybe Perron, but he is still new, and I doubt he would call him out anyway.

Only old and respected vets like Guerin or Roberts could/would do that.

Kind Sir

Dec 19, 2013
Thank you for your replies gentlemen; Lapierre should serve you well in the playoffs (when "pests" become more valuable).

I wish your team the least amount of luck possible this evening. Cheers!

hiptanaka

Jan 12, 2006
Woonsocket
This team needs to be retooled. There are simply too many passion-less, uninterested players that we need to get rid of. Adams, Scuderi, Kunitz, and Sutter bring nothing and I would trade them for nothing. Martin is still a useful player but hes very soft and plays without a semblance of passion.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
We have no idea what's said in the locker room.

I don't think anyone in there would call Crosby out though. Who has been playing well enough and is that kind of guy? Maybe Perron, but he is still new, and I doubt he would call him out anyway.

Only old and respected vets like Guerin or Roberts could/would do that.

The closest guy they have is probably Scuderi. The game has passed him by, but he's never been a lazy player and he's got cup rings backing him.

rightwinglock

Feb 9, 2015
That's comical. Reminds me of last year. Bylsma was teetering. Then, the Pens showed a pulse for a few games, and his job was saved. By the time it became clear to the people too obtuse to see it that the display of a pulse was a blip on the radar, it was too late to make a move. Is that what's on the agenda again if the Pens show a pulse this weekend?

That's really the issue here: Who cares what happens this weekend? Even a decent weekend doesn't undo the disconnect between coaches and players, suddenly mean that say Kunitz or Sutter are guys you're going to look to for a cup run, etc.

This can't be said often enough. If I remember correctly, last year we had the same struggles, then came the St. Louis game at the CEC, suddenly the Pens were flying all over the ice, forechecking and backchecking like crazy, taking the body, winning board battles and it fooled the managment as well as a lot of fans into thinking "we still got it". It does not matter, problems are already here, and the only thing that makes me somewhat positive is that our GM has done a good job and pretty much believe he will do what's needed to fix the roster. Just don't want rentals.

joeyjake5

Feb 23, 2014
If Sid has wrist problems, and that's a big if, then that's another black eye on the Pen's medical staff. If so, why the heck would you want to play for this team, when if injured or sick, you are treated by a team of QUACKS.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
If Sid has wrist problems, and that's a big if, then that's another black eye on the Pen's medical staff. If so, why the heck would you want to play for this team, when if injured or sick, you are treated by a team of QUACKS.

My understanding is the "sprinkle fairy dust on it and think happy thoughts" approach was entirely Crosby's decision.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
Looking forward to this game. For some reason, I cant bring myself to not like the Pens. Always seems to be a class organization. Hopefully Perron doesnt burn his old team again. Looking forward to a good hard fought game tonight, and may the most deserving team win.

We don't have any such reservations :laugh: I agree with you, Blue/Pens should be a great game. Cheers!

Pete Gas

Jul 10, 2012
I feel like the only thing that can save this season for me would be seeing ole double J in a Pens uni just one more time, I don't even care if it makes sense or not.

Him?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxKSM1tLGwY

fkb5vd.jpg

penguins2946*

Yay we're combining our **** record against the Blues and our **** recent play with taking out the only thing that would have kept this game close.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
This is fine. It isn't fair to ride Fleury like a packmule all season. Especially when the team is collectively laying an egg in front of him, despite his efforts.

I would make a comment about it being a good way to further guarantee they lose this game and thus help necessitate change. But I don't take JR and the team's comments from yesterday at all seriously. If they are actually going to do something, it's probably already decided. Putting an arbitrary time limit on it makes no good sense.

So then again... maybe it is true. If there's one thing I know for sure, it's that this team does things the dumb/hard way.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Greiss starting makes more sense. Get him to start and try to get the W tmw. We are definitely not trying to win tonight lol :laugh:

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Doesn't even really matter how the pens play. If St. Louis comes to play the pens are going to get crushed. This team can't handle big teams. A nice losing streak leading up to the deadline is going to be good for this team's future. Housecleaning please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino