Confirmed with Link: Penguins Sign Forward Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond

DanFailsma

Mar 31, 2013
PA, USA
Speaking of names, I was doing a shot for each time Dupuis's name was pronounced "Pas-qwal" last night. Feeling like hell today.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
This reminds me of thinking to myself last yar, "there's no way he'll play over Des, so I guess Eaton playing over Engo isn't that bad."

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
This reminds me of thinking to myself last yar, "there's no way he'll play over Des, so I guess Eaton playing over Engo isn't that bad."

Yeah, but at least PL3 isn't being signed to actually hold a roster spot.

I think this is no more than a safeguard to making sure that there's one heavyweight in the organization just in case, just as with MacIntyre inexplicably getting a two-year deal before last season.

I don't like this because it's a waste of a roster spot against the 50 man limit for a guy with zero upside and who has no business being in the NHL, but at least he won't be in the NHL...at least not besides the potential for a couple Flyers games down the stretch when the standings are already in cement.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
A team should be built 1/3 playmakers, 1/3 speed and 1/3 nastiness. The Pens have to improve their recipe for future success. This team is old and wimpy, when has that makeup ever won a cup?

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
A team should be built 1/3 playmakers, 1/3 speed and 1/3 nastiness. The Pens have to improve their recipe for future success. This team is old and wimpy, when has that makeup ever won a cup?

You forgot to add that the guy behind the bench is an NHL Head Coaching Imposter who should already be a Distant Memory.;)

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

Ideally, on your top two lines anyways, you have a playmaker/scoring center surrounded by a sniper wing and a grinder who will go into the corners and to the net to do the dirty work. Disco never seemed to get this concept.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
So for 2yrs, Shero has decided to waste a contract spot with a guy that should never be playing in the NHL, ever.

I don't think Bylsma is as big of a problem as Shero is.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

I don't understand this stupid notion that the Pens are a wimpy team. I just don't. I am not saying that to you, your post was quoted because in general, a lot of people seem to think the Pens are a wimpy team.

I look at teams that won the cup, they have grit on their squad, just like the Pens do, coached better of course, but they also have rookies on their team that are kept up and given opportunities to learn while up and get that experience, this team doesn't have the testicular fortitude to do that, Maatta is the exception at this point, something that shocked all of us. Mostly because we all thought we'd see the same old crap or that maybe the team finally would make a youngster a regular like Despres, but they instead added more junk and wasted the cap space in doing so.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
This is probably a precaution based on the fact that several teams in the division, especially the Flyers, are garbage this year and would have little to lose by taking liberties with Crosby or Malkin. Hopefully we don't see much of the guy - and hopefully we won't NEED to.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Not sure what's so hard to understand about these sort of signings. You all do you, though.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Botteril? Can't say I am 100% fluent in cap navigation, but I do recall reading cogent explanations of why it was beneficial to approach the limit before assigning someone to LTIR when it comes to procuring deadline room. Perhaps we are close to the time that Scuderi can be assigned to that list.

Of course otherwise this was just the death of Jeffrey as an NHL Penguin and a big welcome to having Glass/Adams and PLLL/Engelland as our bottom 6 wingers :D! Magnificent.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Botteril? Can't say I am 100% fluent in cap navigation, but I do recall reading cogent explanations of why it was beneficial to approach the limit before assigning someone to LTIR when it comes to procuring deadline room. Perhaps we are close to the time that Scuderi can be assigned to that list.

Of course otherwise this was just the death of Jeffrey as an NHL Penguin and a big welcome to having Glass/Adams and PLLL/Engelland as our bottom 6 wingers :D! Magnificent.

I definitely think of one of Engelland/Jeffrey are goners soon.

Stecz

Jul 28, 2010
Why are people freaking out so much about this? He got waived to be returned to the AHL...

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
Too much negativity in this thread. I doubt that Pierre will get a call-up when Deryk Engelland and Tanner Glass are playing for the LW fourth-line spot. Chris Conner, Zach Sill, and Harry Z are most likely to get called-up whenever injuries occur.

PL3 is a decent player as well. He has improved his overall game ever since he left New Jersey. Pierre can throw some nice uppercuts, I have heard that he takes boxing.

PL3 is an effective enforcer. Players in the AHL/NHL are willing to fight him, unlike Steve MacIntyre.

Pens17

Aug 3, 2009
Probably.

That said, they did show a lack of balls in the Ranger game, especially after Crosby got that cheap shot. My guess is that incident prompted this signing.

Bingo! The vast Neville Chamberlin set will never grasp this rather obvious point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad