Confirmed with Link: Penguins Sign Forward Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
A team should be built 1/3 playmakers, 1/3 speed and 1/3 nastiness. The Pens have to improve their recipe for future success. This team is old and wimpy, when has that makeup ever won a cup?

Or you could ice a team with the best players possible. I don't recall the Red Wings, Pens, or Hawks needing to devote an entire line to tough guys who can't do anything other than hit people. Heck, even the Bruins had some speed and skill on their fourth line. We have...Gladams.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Or you could ice a team with the best players possible. I don't recall the Red Wings, Pens, or Hawks needing to devote an entire line to tough guys who can't do anything other than hit people. Heck, even the Bruins had some speed and skill on their fourth line. We have...Gladams.

Boston's fourth line has been the best in the NHL for a while now, but just because they're very good and they have a nickname (Merlot) and everything, that doesn't mean they're 'skilled'!

Which one of Daniel Paille, Gregory Campbell or Shawn Thornton is the skilled one?

And the Blackhawks are plenty tough on their fourth line with Brandon Bollig.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
Boston's fourth line has been the best in the NHL for a while now, but just because they're very good and they have a nickname (Merlot) and everything, that doesn't mean they're 'skilled'!

Which one of Daniel Paille, Gregory Campbell or Shawn Thornton is the skilled one?

And the Blackhawks are plenty tough on their fourth line with Brandon Bollig.

Fair enough, Boston is probably not the best example. My point is, yes, hockey teams need to be tough. And yes, someone who is a little more on the gritty side can make a line work wonders as whole can be greater than the sum of the parts (see: KMN line vs just about anyone else who's played with Malkin and Neal).

That being said, I've never understood the fascination with having people who are solely on the team for "toughness". Essentially I see toughness as diminishing returns. Once you get to a certain level of grit where you can take hits and give a little in return to make the other team think, adding on guys like Engelland (as a forward) or PL3 just seems like a waste.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
1) Very excited that they finally found a long term winger for Crosby.

2) This guy should have more hyphens in his name.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
His parents could get divorced and remarry, if that hasn't already happened. There are more hyphen possibilities.

Excellent! You have found a way in which we can accomplish this, besides just submitting for a legal name change application. Also, if he is married, he could take his wife's last name. Between all those things, there is indeed great potential for him to have more hyphens in his name. I'm very relieved and upbeat about this. And this would make him an even better long term winger for Crosby.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad