Salary Cap: Penguins Salary Cap Thread: October - No Crosby, no Geno, no problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
There can only be two outcomes tonight; Either we continue to struggle and Sid/Carter are rusty, resulting in overreaction to the loss. Or we win big, resulting in an overreaction to the win.

Hopefully Kap and Jake look a little less shitty tonight.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
DeSmith is quickly going that Jeff Zatkoff route out of nowhere :laugh:

I think DeSmith sucking is a blessing in disguise because it incentivizes the Penguins to get a more reliable backup option to Jarry.
Zatkoff was .915 as a Penguin. It was always weird for me how the fan base roasted him to that extent, the same way they roast CDS, who is .914 as a Penguin.

It may be wise to not give up on our backup after 2 games, but just my opinion.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Andy loves the Pens just as much as any other fan.

He's just part Eeyore/Marvin The Paranoid Android. I can relate.

What part of him *isn't* Eeyore/Marvin? The nose? The right little toe (not the left, it knows it will be stubbed today)? :naughty:

Although I'd point out we won a bunch of games when he wasn't watching so maybe we should be encouraging him to not do so...

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
What part of him *isn't* Eeyore/Marvin? The nose? The right little toe (not the left, it knows it will be stubbed today)? :naughty:

Although I'd point out we won a bunch of games when he wasn't watching so maybe we should be encouraging him to not do so...

Ha!

The way I choose to look at it... and how I often explain my oft-overly-critical eye... is that dude cares. Kinda like that James Baldwin quote re: his special brand of love for America.

Reactions: Peat and Andy99

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
q7BNh2o.jpg
If nothing else he's consistent.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Ha!

The way I choose to look at it... and how I often explain my oft-overly-critical eye... is that dude cares. Kinda like that James Baldwin quote re: his special brand of love for America.

Some people choose to express their love by thinking/writing out all the terrible things that can happen and making sure the object of their love avoids them.

And...with many...ellipses...

indicating...the worst can happen.

Reactions: Andy99

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I think Andy's pessimism stems from having too lofty of expectations for who and what this team is anymore. When you shrug and accept this is the swan song of the era, games are a lot less annoying to watch because you stop giving a shit about heatmaps, acronym-based analytics, Sully's decisions, etc., and you just watch some hockey. :laugh:

Reactions: Andy99

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Sid is usually pretty productive coming off of injury if memory serves. Should be a much more fun game to watch with he and Carter in the lineup.

Also water is still wet.

Reactions: Dipsy Doodle

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I miss the Igloo sometimes.

Then I remember the dungeon concourses and how the whole place smelled like old Iron City piss and suddenly I'm thankful again.

The New Place is still the Igloo to me, it's just... a lesser version of a lesser thing. The Igloo v.0.5 - "we have self-cleaning troughs and actual sight lines, just not a lot of enthusiasm".

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
It was actually a pretty cool building with some near history. Just... well used.

But yeah the new place doesn't really seem to get loud like the old opera house used to.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
The new building will be loud again when the team's in the throes of a rebuild and essentially giving out like 50% of the arena's capacity in tickets to students. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad