Salary Cap: Penguins salary cap and line up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I wouldn't assume Rakell won't play with Crosby. Sully is maybe being 60% petty that people complain about splitting up GCR, but since he has split it up he is adamant that he loves his team's play. I'd give Geno-Rust some more games.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Kap is a good player having an awful season (still games to go) But that last game Zucker played with Kap and Malkin, that line looked unstoppable. Sucked that Zucker only played one game and then had IR.
Might have been brief, because I don't remember that at all. I recall Zucker finally looking better with Malkin but Kapanen starting his downward spiral around that time. In any case, that was then, this is now.

Right now, Carter is a huge help to Kapanen with helping him calm down and focus and get back to his game. It's been working with some good results recently, with 19 games left, to f*** around with that seems like a bad way to go when Zucker, Malkin, Rakell will needs its own time. Either way, someone has to get used to Rakell and an elite talent is better at adapting to that than most.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I wouldn't assume Rakell won't play with Crosby. Sully is maybe being 60% petty that people complain about splitting up GCR, but since he has split it up he is adamant that he loves his team's play. I'd give Geno-Rust some more games.
The reason Rust was dropped to Malkin's line was that Rodrigues didn't work there and neither did Kapanen and Rodrigues is the kind of plug that Sid likes on his wing, so now that we have a better option, dropping Rodrigues down to the 4th line, reuniting Sid with Rust and adding Rakell to Geno's wing instead of Rodrigues isn't a bad option.

Rust wasn't exactly looking his best on Geno's wing either, he kept over passing it or missing opportunities in the Coyotes game.

While Zucker readies himself to join the team soon - I would only do that swap.

Guentzel, Crosby, Rust
Heinen, Malkin, Rakell
Zohorna, Carter, Kapanen
Boyle, Blueger, Rodrigues

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Might have been brief, because I don't remember that at all. I recall Zucker finally looking better with Malkin but Kapanen starting his downward spiral around that time. In any case, that was then, this is now.

Right now, Carter is a huge help to Kapanen with helping him calm down and focus and get back to his game. It's been working with some good results recently, with 19 games left, to f*** around with that seems like a bad way to go when Zucker, Malkin, Rakell will needs its own time. Either way, someone has to get used to Rakell and an elite talent is better at adapting to that than most.

Carter is also way faster than Geno which is a better complement to Kapanen's game.

Now, Geno is more likely to find Kappy streaking up ice; Geno is fantastic as a deep playmaker. But Kappy is like 0-for-100 on his recent odd-man rushes and breakaways. I wouldn't assume just cause he put in a rebound that the floodgates will open.

sauce66871

Dec 14, 2011
If Rakell does prefer LW, which I’ve always been a fan of off-wings with Geno, we’ll never see it, but I would be a fan of:

GCR
Rakell-Geno-Carter
Zucker-Teddy-Kap
Heinen-ERod-McGinn

Reactions: Darren McCord

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
You want to know why I keep Kapanen with Carter, of whom he's showing chemistry with lately?

So why would this team f*** that up just to shoehorn Kapanen back with Malkin? We now have Rakell and don't need to push that right now.
You misunderstand me. I'm talking about down the road when everyone's back. Not right now.

Sure, continue milking the combo while it's working. All I'm saying is that people are talking about it as a long term fit based on almost nothing, while also ignoring the past.
Yeah, I saw that interview too. I don't really care about his comments to the media. Just want the results.

We're also ignoring how poor Zucker has been with Malkin in the top 6, yet going back to it by default. Got mixed feelings about it.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I think in the end, Anaheim didn't want Petts back. They would rather roll with Clang + 2nd.

If we had the chance to trade POJ and instead traded Clang + 2nd...well I probably agree with that too. Though I think POJ and Clang/2nd are = in value.
I find it hard to believe our first option was to trade a guy capable of playing top 4 minutes for prospects before a playoff run, but

giphy.gif

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
You misunderstand me. I'm talking about down the road when everyone's back. Not right now.

Sure, continue milking the combo while it's working. All I'm saying is that people are talking about it as a long term fit based on almost nothing, while also ignoring the past.
Yeah, I saw that interview too. I don't really care about his comments to the media. Just want the results.

We're also ignoring how poor Zucker has been with Malkin in the top 6, yet going back to it by default. Got mixed feelings about it.
Zucker looked better with Geno this year while Kapanen seemed to look more off with Geno.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Rakell is LW. Don’t Iginla him please.

Jake-Sid-rust
Rakell-Geno-carter
Zucker -Erod - kap
Heinen-TB-McGinn

Reactions: Andy99

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Pretty sure Rakell will get his looks with Geno, this is what management has talked about and they went out and did it.

Things could get interesting with Zucker coming back and Kaps play, if anything though its a great problem to have. I've been saying it but this roster is balls deep when healthy. Hextall and co did a hell of a job adding a needed piece by getting rid of strength (bottom lineup players and Goalie prospect depth) really couldn't have worked out much better. Realistically we grabbed the best winger available that we could afford. Props

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad