Salary Cap: Penguins salary cap and line up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Keep all Penguins related salary cap, line up, day to day things, etc, here. Keep the rumors and trade talk to the rumor thread for now. We will keep things separate until after Monday.

Pens rumor and trade thread:

Non Pens around the NHL rumors and trade thread:

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Not sure where to ask this but have we replaced Alvin with an AGM yet? Are we just gonna go with Daley or Scott Young?

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
Not sure where to ask this but have we replaced Alvin with an AGM yet? Are we just gonna go with Daley or Scott Young?
Looking at the front office, Ryan Bowness looks to be the most qualified as the director of professional scouting. There's Craig Patrick, but he is definitely at the age where such responsibilities would be too strenuous.

Reactions: Jacob

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

No announcement has been made, no new faces show on the front office page on the website. My guess is Chris Pryor as Director of Player Personnel and a long time Hextall guy is the de facto replacement for the time being, and that Burke does a lot as a sounding board but even so, feels really weird to see no AGM listed.

Reactions: Jacob

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
prelude to trading a LD?
Trading Petts is risky, if that's what ends up happening. He's had a good year. Friedman has been excellent, but hardly a sure thing going into the playoffs.

However I feel the Pens have to roll the dice like that to boost scoring and to fix the top 6. This is not a cup favorite team, and the end product on HDCs has been questionable most of the year. They need something that will give them an edge.

Really don't wanna get goalied again. Look who we are slotted to face...

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
So what do new forward lines look like with Rakell in the lineup?

Does it mean Kapanen stays on 3rd line and Rakell takes his spot next to Malkin?

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
GCR
Zucker-G-Rack
Zohorna-Carter-Kap
McGinn-Blue-Heinen/ERod

I want more of the current 3rd line. I think they'd be a difference maker come playoff time with their assets. But I'm just a dreamer that doesn't cement ERod or Heinen in important roles unless earned consistently. No need for meh performance as the bar. And if Big Z doesn't use his size, he sits and so forth.

MeinerEiner

Dec 9, 2013
Cologne
I guess Pettersson or POJ get moved in the offseason.
It makes a lot of sense to move Petts from a asset management perspective. POJ is the same player as Petts but a lot cheaper. Given how Hextall has managed the roster I could see either both guys gone or POJ given a chance on the 3rd pairing. Ideally Petts is traded for a 3rd pair RD. We’ll see…

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
It makes a lot of sense to move Petts from a asset management perspective. POJ is the same player as Petts but a lot cheaper. Given how Hextall has managed the roster I could see either both guys gone or POJ given a chance on the 3rd pairing. Ideally Petts is traded for a 3rd pair RD. We’ll see…

I forgot that Dumoulin's contract expires after next season too.

MayorofWBS

Apr 14, 2015
Mars
We may be able to recoup some of the draft picks the next 2 years. There may or may not be some movement on our current roster in the offseason. Dumo, Kap or Petts could figure into offseason trades.

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
Most of you have GCR staying together and Rakell next to Malkin. While I agree that's what Sully will probably go with, it's not what should be.

Everyone from the TSN panel to Ducks posters all say that Rakell isn't good at creating on his own. He needs a playmaker. That's Sid, not Geno.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

It's the logical path, but if POJ can bring back an equal young player from somewhere else, maybe it works out better that way.

Although, honestly, I'll be okay with trading both and giving Friedman a shot as 3LD.

Reactions: Victor Z

MeinerEiner

Dec 9, 2013
Cologne
It's the logical path, but if POJ can bring back an equal young player from somewhere else, maybe it works out better that way.

Although, honestly, I'll be okay with trading both and giving Friedman a shot as 3LD.
As @Randy Butternubs stated Dumo’ s contract is up after next season as well. The Pens’ D might look a lot different by next years TD. I’m pretty sure the management will mix it up, bring in a physical guy or two.

I have a way more faith in Hextall after today. He’s doing a heck of a job so far and not a sleeper for sure. The Pens’ future might be brighter than anybody was hoping for!

Reactions: wizmet12

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'd look to trade POJ because he brings too much of what the Penguins already have.

I'd only keep POJ if they can't re-sign Letang this off-season. They don't need a defenseman who's terrific in transition but not useful elsewhere unless Letang leaves. Or Matheson, for that matter.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Most of you have GCR staying together and Rakell next to Malkin. While I agree that's what Sully will probably go with, it's not what should be.

Everyone from the TSN panel to Ducks posters all say that Rakell isn't good at creating on his own. He needs a playmaker. That's Sid, not Geno.
right now passing is the strongest part of geno's game

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad