Recalled/Assigned: Penguins Recall Brian Gibbons from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I'm glad we keep recalling random people rather than letting Megna continue to have the ice time he earned.

also, for those who missed it before:

8471707.jpg

Plus_sign.gif

8471724.jpg

500px-Equal_symbol.svg.png

i

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Interesting. I wonder if he'll get PK time because he's been a threat shorthanded IIRC.

Quite possible.
They now have Sill and Gibbons up.
I kinda hope they release 1 of Kobasew/D'Agostini.
They sure seem to be having a look at a lot of different WBS players, so far, this year.

Conner, Scrabbles, Megna, Sill and now Gibbons.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
I have no problem with Gibbons being called up over Megna. Has been in the organization for a while and is tearing it up right now. Well deserved.

He'll probably have an impact in his first game or two because he is fast and he'll be running on adrenaline. Eventually he'll level off though because he's small.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Yeah this is fine. Rewarding guys who are performing well and seeing what they can do at the NHL level. I still think Megna should have stayed up, but it is what it is.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Hela should have been up instead of megna the 1st time. But seeing how well megna played i think megna deserved to stay up, so its a bit of a suprise to see gibbons up instead

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
I have no idea how this call up makes sense unless they play him in Dupers spot... And they obviously won't. Then again, if it means canning D'Agostino... Joy.

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
Should just cut D'Agostini and Kobasew and roll with whoever the two best WBS guys are.

Gibbons is dynamite at creating scoring chances shorthanded, but I don't see him getting much, if any, time time in that role. Will likely rotate with Vitale/Sill as 12th forward if he even gets into the lineup.

penguins2946*

Interesting decision, especially over Megna. Gibbons isn't a natural W, correct? Also, ****ING RECALL DESPRES ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I'm intrigued by this guy. I would like to see what he could do on the third line. I'll temper my expectations, though. #bylsma

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
You cannot have asked for more production out of him in WBS. I just hope he is given an opportunity to succeed in the NHL (by the Pens), instead of centering GlAdams.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I have no idea how this call up makes sense unless they play him in Dupers spot... And they obviously won't. Then again, if it means canning D'Agostino... Joy.

Maybe I missed something, but you've called D'Agostini, D'Agostino, like every post I've seen. :laugh:

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I have no problem with Gibbons being called up over Megna. Has been in the organization for a while and is tearing it up right now. Well deserved.

He'll probably have an impact in his first game or two because he is fast and he'll be running on adrenaline. Eventually he'll level off though because he's small.

Which is how I would describe the vast majority of the Penguins organization. Small, slight & soft.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I'm glad we keep recalling random people rather than letting Megna continue to have the ice time he earned.

I haven't watched the games, but by most accounts Gibbons has earned a call-up more than anyone, and recent history suggests the org's looking to see what it has down on the farm.

Pretty easy to see why we waived Jeffrey.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Quite possible.
They now have Sill and Gibbons up.
I kinda hope they release 1 of Kobasew/D'Agostini.
They sure seem to be having a look at a lot of different WBS players, so far, this year.

Conner, Scrabbles, Megna, Sill and now Gibbons.

I think that's great, personally. See what we have on the farm before shopping around. Although, the cynical side of me thinks they've been forced by necessity rather than a real change of philosophy ... the cap situation being what it is.

Still, it's nice to see. Hope he does well.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
This mean Sill isn't going to get a decent look. I like the fact they are actually bringing up some guys from the minors but they need to play more then one or two games at 5 minutes a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad