Confirmed with Link: Penguins re-sign Tristan Jarry [2 years/675k AAV]

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
We are going to have to lose somebody in the expansion and it's possible that Jarry is the best guy to lose. Not saying that, but it's too early for me to say we should trade him next off season.

Or if he isn't, we do as we did with Fleury, we ensure they take someone besides Jarry. I like MM, but his brief injury history is not encouraging. We may need a 1B goaltender to play 30 or more games a year. If MM can't stay reasonably healthy over the next two years, I can't see him getting some massive contract, and that leaves extra money for Jarry.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Why are we assuming that the Penguins are definitely going to lose a goalie in the next expansion draft? The Penguins won't be the only team required to expose a goalie...

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Why are we assuming that the Penguins are definitely going to lose a goalie in the next expansion draft? The Penguins won't be the only team required to expose a goalie...
MAF's loss post-traumatic reaction?

I sure like our goalies situation cap wise. Haha ...compared to MTL's :yashin: for ex.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

One person's assuming it. The rest of us are talking it as a possibility because it is. There'll be a very limited number of teams with a starter level back-up come the expansion draft and right now we're tracking to be one of them.

I’m pretty sure there will be better options at goalie than Jarry for Seattle.

Who?

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
One person's assuming it. The rest of us are talking it as a possibility because it is. There'll be a very limited number of teams with a starter level back-up come the expansion draft and right now we're tracking to be one of them.

Who?

Jarry has yet to prove he can be a starter. So at this point that's very presumptuous.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Jarry has yet to prove he can be a starter. So at this point that's very presumptuous.

Talking about possibilities where a guy with a starter ceiling who has so far tracked towards being a starter is not very presumptuous. You are reading something into the posts that is not there.

edit: Or if you aren't, I completely disagree with your conception of presumptuous.

Last edited:

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Let’s see him grab the number #2 spot from friggin DeSmith before we overrate Jarry.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Talking about possibilities where a guy with a starter ceiling who has so far tracked towards being a starter is not very presumptuous. You are reading something into the posts that is not there.

edit: Or if you aren't, I completely disagree with your conception of presumptuous.

How exactly has he "tracked towards being a starter?"

The idea that the Penguins are going to lose another goalie in the next expansion draft is knee-jerk at this point.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

I think it's too early to say who the best available goalies will be for an expansion team in 2020.

Let's recall that Malcom Subban was a waiver wire claim by Vegas after posting really solid AHL stats for a few seasons at age 23 and 1st round pedigree. Jarry could end up being a stud in 2 years or be waived by Pittsburgh because DeSmith is better (or several degrees in between). It's certainly possible the Pens lose Jarry in expansion, but based on what we know now, I'd welcome that over trading him for fear of losing him and then losing somebody like Rust (as an example).

Reactions: Shockmaster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad