Confirmed with Link: Penguins re-sign Tristan Jarry [2 years/675k AAV]

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Remember when he turned his entire body to face the puck behind the net and stood there as if it was a valid technique.

Good times.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Nice n cheap. Good for WBS likely good for the Pens come Feb.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
DeSmith doesnt have the pedigree so most arent high on him but I liked what I saw from him last year. Think he can be a solid backup. And if not, call up Jarry.

Back up goalies are pretty gettable throughout the year too (if they want Jarry to play more ie in the AHL)

Edit: Sully said De Smith when he’s on a hot streak he can be really good. He just hasn’t strung enough together to be an NHL regular

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Good deal. Just as an FYI, CapFriendly has Jarry listed on the AHL roster. The AHL thread is here for those interested.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
I think they'll start with DeSmith as the backup but if he struggles then we have Jarry good to go.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Interesting how it was structured. Essentially, it being a two-way deal suggests they're thinking of playing him in the AHL a lot this upcoming season, then him being permanent in 2019-20 when it becomes a one-way deal.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Interesting how it was structured. Essentially, it being a two-way deal suggests they're thinking of playing him in the AHL a lot this upcoming season, then him being permanent in 2019-20 when it becomes a one-way deal.

Oh, he'll be up in the NHL 2019-20.....will it be for Pittsburgh is the question...

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Oh, he'll be up in the NHL 2019-20.....will it be for Pittsburgh is the question...

Unless it’s part of a big deal or a huge overpayment 1 for 1 (unlikely), he’ll be here.

I think he’ll be a good starter (1b at worst) in 3 years. Small chance he could be better than Murray. He has part of Fleury’s athleticism and part of Murray’s positioning. If he puts it together with good decision making he’ll be great. Long way to go though.

Reactions: Giskard

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Unless it’s part of a big deal or a huge overpayment 1 for 1 (unlikely), he’ll be here.

I think he’ll be a good starter (1b at worst) in 3 years. Small chance he could be better than Murray. He has part of Fleury’s athleticism and part of Murray’s positioning. If he puts it together with good decision making he’ll be great. Long way to go though.

Unless they still like DeSmith a lot and Jarry continues his current progress well enough that there's no way you can get him through waivers. I feel its at least 1 in 3 that one of those three things happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad