Confirmed with Link: Penguins re-sign 'the Pride of Brunei' (Craig Adams) (2 Years | 700K AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Not necessarily here, but other places.

If the speculation is true, that Matt Cooke is leaving, then signing Adams for $700K makes sense. The PK would take a huge hit with Cooke leaving, among other things.

Adams I thought, had a pretty solid year. Sure, he's gotten slower, and is 36 years old, but was one of our better PKers and still solid in his own zone. He doesn't make that much, and I'd rather pay $700K a season for Adams than overpay for someone else.

He's a good PKer, but he's pretty awful in his own zone on a 5-on-5 shift.

Fuzzy Bunny

Mar 5, 2007
Experience the Recidivism
"The next shift could change the game but next year's roster will remain the same"

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Hmm. I was expecting more indignation. Maybe this will do the trick.

Mike Colligan ‏@MikeColligan
Craig Adams lost a step last year but won't find better value at $700k (#NHL minimum is $550k next year)

Sorry, I am busy right now.

26643-Jump-Out-Window-gif-AT8K.gif

j0e

Jun 8, 2013
He's a good PKer, but he's pretty awful in his own zone on a 5-on-5 shift.

I don't think he's that bad, it could be much worse. I look at it this way, he's definitely lost a step, but he makes $700K on a line that'll play 8-12 minutes 5v5 a night.

Sotty

Nov 1, 2004
Westfalen
Wow, anyone who would rather play a minor league scrub like Sill instead of Adams need their heads checked.:shakehead

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Not necessarily here, but other places.

If the speculation is true, that Matt Cooke is leaving, then signing Adams for $700K makes sense. The PK would take a huge hit with Cooke leaving, among other things.

Adams I thought, had a pretty solid year. Sure, he's gotten slower, and is 36 years old, but was one of our better PKers and still solid in his own zone. He doesn't make that much, and I'd rather pay $700K a season for Adams than overpay for someone else.

We've got more than our share of capable PKers...Sutter, Dupes, Jokinen. It was Jeffrey and Vitale's bread and butter in the A. Crosby's looked good in limited duty.

Just seems like a poor reason to keep a guy that slow, old, and poor 5-on-5.

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
The real issue isn't about someone like Sill over Adams, it's about the 4th-line being terrible. There's not a playoff team in the league that will run out a 4th-line worse than Glass-Vitale-Adams. It doesn't have to be this way. That 4th-line will be dominated in possession and is not likely to break 12 goals total over a 82-game season. It's also slow outside of Vitale and doesn't provide much energy.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
speechless.gif

Am I Nostradamus if I predict another playoff fail of our team?
Maybe but I'll blame almost everyone else on the team before Adams. Including a GM that puts together hockey teams by their EA sports ratings, an offensively Pejorative Slured coach and Mario's "sittin at the dock of the bay" attitude.

j0e

Jun 8, 2013
We've got more than our share of capable PKers...Sutter, Dupes, Jokinen. It was Jeffrey and Vitale's bread and butter in the A. Crosby's looked good in limited duty.

Just seems like a poor reason to keep a guy that slow, old, and poor 5-on-5.

I'm not sure about that.

I don't want Crosby killing penalties. I understand the guy could get hurt at any time on the ice, and not just on the PK, but I still feel that his chances are higher on the PK.

Just because someone's capable doesn't necessarily make them better than someone is much better at it than them. You can say what you want about Adams, but he's only behind Dupuis and Sutter in terms of PK ability on this team. Which is saying a lot.

Pete Gas

Jul 10, 2012
So if the Pens are done and if either Sid or Malkin get hurt then we get Adams as a 2nd line center possibly YAY

Vega

Nov 25, 2005
Socal
Wow, anyone who would rather play a minor league scrub like Sill instead of Adams need their heads checked.:shakehead

Sill. Uher. Whatever. It's not like this team couldn't use any hungry, fresh, non complacent legs around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad