Confirmed with Link: Penguins re-sign 'the Pride of Brunei' (Craig Adams) (2 Years | 700K AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Adams was an assett on our PK.
We get faster by losing Morrow and Iginla Murray.

Who else did people want out there? Adam Hall?:laugh:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Tyler Kennedy must have slept with Shero's daughter or something. He's the only one from the old guard who got his life time Penguins membership revoked.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Disco Dan right now:

bylsmapump.gif

Gold, haha.

I was hoping to add some size and/or speed to our bottom 6 this off-season. It doesn't seem like that's going to happen. As it stands, 4 of our 6 bottom 6ers (Adams, Vitale, Jokinen, Z) are 6'0" or smaller, and another (Jeffrey) is 6'1".

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
the best part about this is, I bet they play him at C and move Vitale to the press box (Glass - Adams - Zolnercheck)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I hope we grab Asham as the third guy for our bottom line. Need some toughness pretty badly, in my opinion.

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
Glass-Vitale-Adams

Worst 5-on-5 4th line in the NHL. Maybe worst 4th line in the NHL, easily the worst among contenders.

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
thread title sounds like entrance for a wrestler

"standing at 6 feet tall and weighing 200 lbs, the Pride of Bruuuuuuuuuuuuunnnneeeeeiiiiiiiiiiii, Craig Adams!!!!"

finishing move?

Pete Gas

Jul 10, 2012
Like I said, Adams is in this organization FOREVER. He'll be involved in this organization in some capacity in some way shape or form once he retires. I'm not surprised that he got resigned nor am I mad as I thought he would be, I honestly find it funny now. All the guy does is kill penalties and he's getting paid 700K to do that? his pking isn't even that good. Why not use that 700K towards some other player? I will never understand what makes him so valuable to management

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Anything above league minimum is too much. But thank god we locked this beauty up for two years.

farscape1

Jun 22, 2010
Pittsburgh
Hey lets get the old band back together. Just wow so sad. Lets just trade Bennett and get Armstrong back and trade Despres and get Gill back.

FIRE SHERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

j0e

Jun 8, 2013
Not surprised, I don't think. Just disappointed.

Not necessarily here, but other places.

If the speculation is true, that Matt Cooke is leaving, then signing Adams for $700K makes sense. The PK would take a huge hit with Cooke leaving, among other things.

Adams I thought, had a pretty solid year. Sure, he's gotten slower, and is 36 years old, but was one of our better PKers and still solid in his own zone. He doesn't make that much, and I'd rather pay $700K a season for Adams than overpay for someone else.

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
I'd rather pay someone with upside like Skille (10 years younger, bigger and faster) a million than having our 4th line dragged down by old Adams at 700k.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad