Post-Game Talk: Penguins @ Rangers: MDSF Game 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richter Scale

Aug 4, 2012
McDonagh was ****ing terrific. Yandle was good also. The rest of the D weren't.

166.gif

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I think people that thought this series would be a cakewalk should take note that even though the Rangers played pretty well and were aggressive with their game, it was still 2-1 and Fleury kept the Pens in it. I think it's gonna be a hard fought series...it might not be a long series, but it's not like the games are going to be laughers, Rangers are gonna have to work for it.

If Girardi is out I sure hope Klein is ready to come back

Girardi will not miss a game.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
McDonagh was ****ing terrific. Yandle was good also. The rest of the D weren't.

Miller was awesome. Kreider was garbage. After the 1st period I wasn't impressed with any of Brassard's line. Glass still sucks. Hayes was alright, MSL sucked.

Staal wasn't good? I thought he was excellent. Wasn't a possession beast, but he rarely is. He played the physical shutdown role well IMO.

LeafsFan97

Apr 16, 2015
Toronto
Congrats guys, I'm positive you guys will win this series, you guys have better offensive depth(although offense looked lazy tonight) and your defense is a lot more solid than Pittsburgh's. Picking either you or Montreal out of the East.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
It's 4 in the morning here...time to go to bed and wake up with a sick kid..

I'll just show her the result and she'll be fine...

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Other than the old geezers and Glass, the team has been quite solid. We'll book Hayes' 3rd period performance under rookie nervousness.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I thought Staal struggled. Girardi was Girardi. Boyle was atrocious. Yandle and Hunwick were awesome. McDonagh was god.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Good game boys. Hank made the saves when we needed them and the team played well overall. Hopefully Girardi is okay and ready for Saturday.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
I think people that thought this series would be a cakewalk should take note that even though the Rangers played pretty well and were aggressive with their game, it was still 2-1 and Fleury kept the Pens in it. I think it's gonna be a hard fought series...it might not be a long series, but it's not like the games are going to be laughers, Rangers are gonna have to work for it.

Definitely, anyone thinking the Rangers were gonna dominate for 240 straight minutes and breeze by in 4 were kidding themselves or have never watched an NHL playoffs.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
That was a bit close. It's a win though and that's the most important thing. Fleury was really good tonight. Pittsburgh though they didn't move the puck especially well did play pretty solid defensively.

Hopefully Girardi has no broken bones.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
You show me a team that can dominate on defense for 60mins and i'll tell you to stop playing rookie mode on NHL15.

In other words the rangers played an almost perfect game of domination and people shouldn't take that for granted whatsoever. They busted their ***** out there and got rewarded for it.

Good win and lets murder them in game 2 :laugh:

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown

There's not many laughers in the playoffs. I never thought of this as a cakewalk, or a steamroll.
I do think the Rangers will take it in 5, though. They can play better than they did tonight, while I do not see the Penguins playing markedly better.

The Rangers transition game was poor tonight. Druing the game I wondered where it went. It had nothing to do with the Penguins in the neutral zone, the Rangers just had no flow. That was not Rangers at their best.

zuckera1

Mar 3, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Listening to Doc and Pierre made it seem like tonight's game was a Penguins broadcast. Couldn't stop talking about what the Pens were doing right and how well Fleury was playing, total joke.

Nonetheless, found a way to win. Thought the defense played well with the exception of Boyle who looked lost and confused at times.

Good game from Hank

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
There's not many laughers in the playoffs. I never thought of this as a cakewalk, or a steamroll.
I do think the Rangers will take it in 5, though. They can play better than they did tonight, while I do not see the Penguins playing markedly better.

The Rangers transition game was poor tonight. Druing the game I wondered where it went. It had nothing to do with the Penguins in the neutral zone, the Rangers just had no flow. That was not Rangers at their best.

I honestly feel like the string of failed PPs hurt their overall flow.

McDonagh

Slow it down 30GHz
Mar 8, 2009
Hayes definitely looked like a rookie in his first playoff game but he still did some really good things. We'll be saying this forever but what a great pickup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad