Injury Report: Penguins Player Tested Positive for Covid-19

Durden Tyler

Dec 19, 2017
would be depressing/funny to lose to habs cause we need to forfeit and end up with a top5 pick

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
maybe we’ll be able to figure out the player by process of elimination when they all come back to Pittsburgh to participate in the small group workouts soon and that player isn’t there...

if I had to guess, my first would be either Horny or Petts because, well, aren’t they in Sweden?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm not even surprised. Like I want to laugh, but COVID isn't exactly a laughing matter. It's just...man, I'm not even surprised.

Edit: oh, he HAD COVID, not HAS COVID. He already recovered from it, and I'm guessing he tested positive in an antibody test.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
If what emerging studies are saying about it being a virus that attacks the cardiovascular systems are at all accurate, it's worrying regardless. At least as far as playing professional sports is concerned.

It has also come from studies that COVID doesn't even yield symptoms for some people :dunno:

Like it could be bad, but I don't see a reason to get worried about it if the Penguins are saying the player is recovered and doing well.

Liberty Biberty

Nov 15, 2010
I would say Malkin but I want to say he and his fam were already tested? Would seem like his usual luck, though.

Malkin's wife was sick in April and all 3 were tested. All negative.

Maybe Marleau? He probably traveled back to SJ after the season was delayed. The statement says most guys stayed here, does anyone have any knowledge which players left?

Edit: Sid did the conference call on sportsnet with Giroux and the Staals, said he was in Pittsburgh, so that probably rules him out.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad