Injury Report: Penguins Player Tested Positive for Covid-19

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Still don't know how this is going to go on without a vaccine. Makes no sense to me really, but I'm not some obscenely wealthy owner with no human empathy.

Like others have said, if a guy like Domi (diabetes) or someone with asthma gets Covid-19, that's bad news. Really, really bad news.

Hockey ain't that important.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
They say the player has recovered and is feeling well. Coming from the team that said Sid didn't have the mumps, I take little comfort in their statement.
"There's no indication that Crosby has the mumps, he's showing absolutely no symptoms whatsoever."

sidney.jpg

QlOFSZx.gif

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Still don't know how this is going to go on without a vaccine. Makes no sense to me really, but I'm not some obscenely wealthy owner with no human empathy.

Like others have said, if a guy like Domi (diabetes) or someone with asthma gets Covid-19, that's bad news. Really, really bad news.

bundesliga has been playing for a month. why does everyone ignore this

Reactions: Khelandros

metalan2

May 30, 2008

I mean the vaccine will not cure the virus and it's not even close to as deadly as they thought it first. People are already gaining immunity And the disease has lost potency. We are talking about flu like death numbers at worst now. The athletes have a better chance of dying in a plane crash than dying of the virus.

Reactions: Khelandros

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002

I don’t see it happening myself, which is why I’m not even following it all that closely.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Cooke sucked in retrospect, but mostly because his game was headshot based, and it was only a matter of time before that caught up with him, like Armstrong, and honestly, the faster those kinds of guys are out of the league, the better IMO. I've definitely come around on that. I'd say those are even worse for the NHL's concussion problem than fighting.

But I want a real shit-stirrer, like C. Lemieux, Verbeek, or Avery. :laugh:

Mr. T

Feb 15, 2003
Cooke sucked in retrospect, but mostly because his game was headshot based, and it was only a matter of time before that caught up with him, like Armstrong, and honestly, the faster those kinds of guys are out of the league, the better IMO. I've definitely come around on that. I'd say those are even worse for the NHL's concussion problem than fighting.

Yeah, I have much more respect for the guys that start shit just by running their mouths and generally being comically asshole-ish. Barnaby was amazing at that. His feud with Lyle Odelein is an all-time favorite hockey memory.

Reactions: EightyOne

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
...I'd say those are even worse for the NHL's concussion problem than fighting.

Absolutely. You can at least prepare for a fight. You can't prepare for some scumf***'s flying blindside elbow to the back of your skull because he couldn't stop you all night, conventionally.

Yeah I could for sure deal with a genuine, ride-the-line, shit-stirrer. But whoever that might be still has to like... integrate with the lineup, if that makes sense. Reaves was a good idea/bad idea kind of thing for that reason, IMO.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->