Injury Report: Penguins Player Tested Positive for Covid-19

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Malkin's wife was sick in April and all 3 were tested. All negative.

Maybe Marleau? He probably traveled back to SJ after the season was delayed. The statement says most guys stayed here, does anyone have any knowledge which players left?
AFAIK, the only Pens still in Pittsburgh are Sid, Rust, ZAR, Simon, Dumo, Letang(?) and maybe Ruhwedel? Everyone else, I've either seen pics or interviews that have them in locations other than Pittsburgh. I have no clue about Pettersson/Horny, but if they went back to Sweden I could see it being one of them because of the super lax restrictions there.

Dangles78

Oct 14, 2012
Pittsburgh
What players are even in Pittsburgh at this time? Guentzel for rehab? Rust and ZAR - didn't they do a Twitch stream from Rust's home or something...

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
it’s more likely to be a Euro just because Canada doesn’t have a ton of cases recently, it’s no one in Pittsburgh (unfortunately that probably rules out JJ too) and there aren’t US players on the team living in hot spots at the moment, and Geno was tested...so likely one of Simon, Blueger, Riikola, the Swedes if any went home..

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
cec7329077db506cab78bbeddd2b708d844f6e81baf11a2f78e783392aba0f5d.gif

jjp66

Apr 10, 2015
Not really fair to speculate based on zero information imo. It literally could be anyone, from anywhere. I'm sure we'll eventually find out, not that it even matters since he's already recovered.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
It does raise the question.

If someone has been positive and recovered, has antibodies, will they be allowed to play?

You would have to think that will not be rare.

If they are not allowed to play then these playoffs will be even more of a joke

Last edited:

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
It does raise the question.

If someone has been positive and recovered, has antibodies, will they be allowed to play?

You would have to think that will not be rare.

If not these playoffs will be even more of a joke.

why wouldn’t they be allowed to play? The antibodies don’t make them contagious to anyone else. As long as they are not testing positive any more they should play...

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
So...once again the Pens are the only team in the league affected by some bullshit?

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
It has also come from studies that COVID doesn't even yield symptoms for some people :dunno:

Like it could be bad, but I don't see a reason to get worried about it if the Penguins are saying the player is recovered and doing well.

Two issues: 1) the disease is still emergent, so not having ~suffered~ through having it doesn't equal no issues bc more is learned about it every day. some research suggests it attacks the immune system in ways similar to AIDS - someone who has/had it may not know of immediate consequences but they're getting f*cked over by them anyway. You wanna f*ck with anyone's health like that? I don't. 2) it's nice to think that covid is forcing a greater level of transparency, but then I remember sid trotting out for a scrum with his face swollen all to hell to tell us of course he didn't have the mumps. Trustworthiness isn't exactly an NHL strong suit.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
I'm going to be surprised if the playoffs happen at all and even more surprised if they are played through to conclusion.
better get the bundesliga on the phone and tell them they need to shut down asap - 3 months ago a couple nhl players tested positive!

Reactions: Khelandros

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
I read Swedish news basically every day and there have been zero news about Hörnqvist and Pettersson back in Sweden. That doesn't mean it cannot be them but I also email friends from Sweden asking about soccer and hockey news or rumors etc and when I read that one Penguins player had been infected I asked 2 of my friends if they knew anything and they told me no. One is a big time Penguins fan and he said he that hadn't heard anything at all about any Swedish NHL players getting infected in Sweden.
On the other hand Sweden is a very private country with very strict privacy laws and they don't publish the names of criminals unless it is a really heinous murder, terrorism or something so if any of them were treated, it would not necessarily come out.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I read Swedish news basically every day and there have been zero news about Hörnqvist and Pettersson back in Sweden. That doesn't mean it cannot be them but I also email friends from Sweden asking about soccer and hockey news or rumors etc and when I read that one Penguins player had been infected I asked 2 of my friends if they knew anything and they told me no. One is a big time Penguins fan and he said he that hadn't heard anything at all about any Swedish NHL players getting infected in Sweden.
On the other hand Sweden is a very private country with very strict privacy laws and they don't publish the names of criminals unless it is a really heinous murder, terrorism or something so if any of them were treated, it would not necessarily come out.

Unfortunately in the United States of America no one really cares about hockey.

I read that somewhere recently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad