Pre-Game Talk: Penguins @ Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
With a few days off coming up, I'm completely fine with giving Fleury the back the back rather than have Zatkoff in a game to be honest.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
With a few days off coming up, I'm completely fine with giving Fleury the back the back rather than have Zatkoff in a game to be honest.

Same, and with all the young D we have playing right now Zatkoff would definitely get roasted for 5 if he sees as many shots as Fleury did the other night.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
If Sid plays like he did against Florida he should get a few. Depends if they play their backup or not.

ETA

Aug 8, 2008
The league doesn't actually care about suspending for behavior. They only suspend for injuries or perceived injuries.

You're 100% right of course.

The officiating / disciplining in this league has been hurting the game the last few years. I used to be able to watch games and know 90% of the time what was going to be called but these days I have no idea. I'm thinking specifically of the bs that Crosby (and probably other stars on other teams) had to put up with during the playoffs but also the Sill hit that got him tossed out of the game earlier in this season. At least one of those embellishment calls against Malkin was total incompetence.

If you hit a guy 0.2 seconds too late you get suspended like Bortuzzo did yet it's ok to swing a helmet at someone's head.

Then there's the "playoff rules" vs the "regular season" rules.

It's not just the Pens that are affected by this but I'd argue that the way the playoffs are officiated hugely benefits less skilled teams in that the hooking and crosschecks to the head and other bs tend to give the less skilled chance a better chance than they'd otherwise have.

At the very least, the NHL desperately needs to implement a "coaches challenge" rule so games aren't decided by blown calls...

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Sucks that all of these tests are going down in a back-to-back but truthfully we don't need the points AND some of the players get a nice long rest.

I hate to try to find positives to it, but I think I can.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I wonder if Sutter/Downie are out long term, if they'll call up Kuhnhackl.

I doubt they will be. Given the fact that they're getting tested today, then there is one game, then a 4-day break... I mean, at most, you'd think they'd miss just one post-break game.

And Adams, Bennett, etc... could all be set to return soon, too

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
our long nightmare of craig adams is almost over

You should know by now, in any horror film, whenever it looks like the killer is finally dead, he pops up one last time for one final battle.

We still have Craig's Last Stand to suffer through...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln