Pre-Game Talk: Penguins @ Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Except for the fact that Kassian is good along the boards, brings physicality to the 3rd line and isn't a bad playmaker. But yeah, let's just keep acting like he's a skill-less 4th line goon.

The only aspect of the game that he is better at than Bennett is he hits more. That's it.

ObsessedCreative*

I'll flip my **** if we trade the only home-grown winger we've had in the past 7 years.

Look at this organization... Would that REALLY surprise you?!

The pens are as big of a gong show as the oilers, but have benefited from two super stars.

I am really starting to be convinced of this even more after the "changes" we're supposed to happen.

My god I hope we go on a 10 game skid and fall out of the playoffs this team / organization is a ****ing JOKE!

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Maybe we should start our own social media campaign ...

#PlayBennett
#WaiveAdams
#TradeKunitz
#TradeScuderi
#LetTheKidsPlay

#FireMorehouse

penguins2946*

The only aspect of the game that he is better at than Bennett is he hits more. That's it.

And he's better along the boards and he's a lot healthier. The last part is huge, Kassian can actually play 30 games in a season. Bennett can't. That's why their values are even remotely similar.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I'll reserve judgement until the puck drops. But if the lines in practice today stick, I just don't know. Seems really stupid. But that is getting to be the norm on this team, so whatever. Kinda getting tough to even care enough to complain.

If nothing else, whatever happened to the Bennett/Sutter buddy pair? The coach seems dead set on sticking with ideas from the preseason over halfway through the year. I wonder why not that one. Oh well, must be Bennett's fault.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I'll reserve judgement until the puck drops. But if the lines in practice today stick, I just don't know. Seems really stupid. But that is getting to be the norm on this team, so whatever. Kinda getting tough to even care enough to complain.

If nothing else, whatever happened to the Bennett/Sutter buddy pair? The coach seems dead set on sticking with ideas from the preseason over halfway through the year. I wonder why not that one. Oh well, must be Bennett's fault.

Needed a lucky power play with 3 minutes left agt NJ to prevent them from going scoreless in 3 straight. One of those BB was scratched and another he barely played.

Clearly it's his fault.

I'm glad they solved that mystery.

Now on to solving the mystifying question of why they aren't getting enough scoring from their fourth line. Get Scooby on the case.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Now on to solving the mystifying question of why they aren't getting enough scoring from their fourth line. Get Scooby on the case.

Not to worry, they already traded away the problem child on that fourth line in Goc.

Any week now Adams and Sill will start scoring in bunches to make up for lost time. Just wait. You'll see.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

They realized Bennett isn't good enough for Sutter. Stupid Bennett failing the king like that isn't acceptable. :shakehead

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Yeah, there's really no reason not to run Perron-Sid-Horny and Spaling-Geno-Bennett right now.

I mean, except for the fact that our coach appears to be a dunce when it comes to player management and usage.

penguins2946*

Their handling of Bennett is absolutely perplexing. I honestly have no idea what they're doing. Here's a player that has missed significant amount of time due to injuries in his NHL career, and he needs to play through his warts so he becomes a better player. So they scratch him for freaking Sill. He needs to play and learn how to be a productive NHLer, not stay in the pressbox for a career AHLer.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Here we go again. It's.... groundhogs day. ;)

But seriously. We had a conversation each year in the last 6 years now. The conversation goes "I question if I even know hockey because I see ________ and love what they bring and then I see _______ and cannot believe they are consistently in the line up. What gives?"

I'll just say this. Our record and experiences in the postseason are pretty much bang on for the idiotic coaching and lack of accountability the players have.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Here we go again. It's.... groundhogs day. ;)

But seriously. We had a conversation each year in the last 6 years now. The conversation goes "I question if I even know hockey because I see ________ and love what they bring and then I see _______ and cannot believe they are consistently in the line up. What gives?"

I'll just say this. Our record and experiences in the postseason are pretty much bang on for the idiotic coaching and lack of accountability the players have.

Yes. But what do we know? We are just lowly internet peasants.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
tumblr_nj7x1w9Fiu1txyx4lo1_500.png

I was also just able to sit through 5 minutes of Lemongrab's "Unacceptable!"

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Beau and Neal have looked by far the best wingers for Geno. It's probably the best since Malone looked w/ Geno. I just don't get it. I don't get it.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
And he's better along the boards and he's a lot healthier. The last part is huge, Kassian can actually play 30 games in a season. Bennett can't. That's why their values are even remotely similar.

He's not better along the boards. Bennett is weaker along the boards when he is playing LW, but on RW he is better than Kassian. Kassian doesn't even bother putting in the effort half the time. Bennett has had some **** luck with injuries, (not "he can't even play 30 games a year" bad but whatever) but that is nowhere near the justification for trading him for a player like Kassian.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
The only thing I can invent is that they are unhappy with his effort so they are benching him to "send a message". He came back and played "okay" per Johnston and is now benched again. Why are they benching him over the vets? The only possible invention for that is because they expect more of Bennett given his skill level and ability.

All of that seems nonsensical to me, to the point that I don't believe what I invented, but yeah.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Yes. But what do we know? We are just lowly internet peasants.

:laugh: Well sadly we all called the outcomes the last 5 years. I think majority of us are seeing the trend this year.

It would be very unique to see a team ran by internet fans. In a weird universe.. i'd love to see how that all plays out.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
The only thing I can invent is that they are unhappy with his effort so they are benching him to "send a message". He came back and played "okay" per Johnston and is now benched again. Why are they benching him over the vets? The only possible invention for that is because they expect more of Bennett given his skill level and ability.

All of that seems nonsensical to me, to the point that I don't believe what I invented, but yeah.

Well put him in a better position to succeed and maybe he will.

At this point Johnston is basically benching Bennett for Johnston failing to do his own job. The ultimate in idiocy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese