Pre-Game Talk: Penguins @ Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

penguins2946*

According to the pens twitter beau was at practice, but didn't participate in the line rushes.

I feel bad for Bennett, he deserves better than this. I think a Kassian for Bennett deal is starting to make more and more sense, both players get a change of scenery and it addresses a need on both teams.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Yeah he needs a fresh start. He needs to put all the injuries, improper usage and poor production behind him and start fresh.

Is .43 PPG really poor production? I wouldn't say it is, but I would say that it's not up to the expectations of a lot of people.

I also don't think a change of teams would make him less injury prone (Curse of CEC jokes aside).

penguins2946*

Is .43 PPG really poor production? I wouldn't say it is, but I would say that it's not up to the expectations of a lot of people.

I also don't think a change of teams would make him less injury prone (Curse of CEC jokes aside).

It's poor because he should be producing more. His production hasn't matched his good rookie season, which is a major concern for someone who should be getting better. A change of scenery would be good for him so he gets to go somewhere that actually appreciates how good he is and uses him properly.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
I feel bad for Bennett, he deserves better than this. I think a Kassian for Bennett deal is starting to make more and more sense, both players get a change of scenery and it addresses a need on both teams.

Kunitz-Crosby-Perron
Comeau-Malkin-Hornqvist
Spaling-Sutter-Downie
Sill-Lapierre-Adams

Tell me who would be replaced by Kassian from this lineup? It´s basically trading a young healthy-scratch for another young healthy-scratch... I hate Bennett for Kassian swap anyway but the fact that Kassian wouldn´t even get a real chance here makes it even worse. People need to realize that Sill & Adams are gonna be in our playoffs lineup. Mike Johnston loves them.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Makes me wonder if Beau is still shaken up from that friendly fire type of hit from Lappy a game or two back. He stayed down on the ice for a while after the hit, left the game for a while but came back later in the game.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013

Trading a better player for a significantly worse player will never make sense.

penguins2946*

Kunitz-Crosby-Perron
Comeau-Malkin-Hornqvist
Spaling-Sutter-Downie
Sill-Lapierre-Adams

Tell me who would be replaced by Kassian from this lineup? It´s basically trading a young healthy-scratch for another young healthy-scratch... I hate Bennett for Kassian swap anyway but the fact that Kassian wouldn´t even get a real chance here makes it even worse. People need to realize that Sill & Adams are gonna be in our playoffs lineup. Mike Johnston loves them.

Sill. Pens lineup would be:

Kunitz-Crosby-Perron
Comeau-Malkin-Hornqvist
Spaling-Sutter-Kassian
Downie-Lapierre-Adams/Arcobello

Trading a better player for a significantly worse player will never make sense.

Kassian isn't significantly worse than Bennett. Kassian also can actually stay healthy for a season and fits the 3rd line better than Bennett would.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Sill. Pens lineup would be:

Kunitz-Crosby-Perron
Comeau-Malkin-Hornqvist
Spaling-Sutter-Kassian
Downie-Lapierre-Adams/Arcobello

Kassian isn't significantly worse than Bennett.
He is worse, though. Period.

Also, we would all like to scratch Sill, BUT Mike Johnston wouldn´t and that´s all that matters here. You need to realize that. You were telling us how you are sure that Adams is gonna be our 13th forward this season but the things are evidently different with Mike Johnston. Rose glasses will only take you that far.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
So help me god if Bennett is healthy and they scratch him and so help me god if Lapierre injured him.

You teach that Bennett guy, Johnston. How are Sutter, Kunitz, Adams, Sill and Scuderi, anyway? Stupidly long leashes still, I see. #Accountability

I blame Crosby for this, he's making Johnston do it. Dick.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Kassian isn't significantly worse than Bennett. Kassian also can actually stay healthy for a season and fits the 3rd line better than Bennett would.

Kassian is a significantly worse player than Bennett. Bennett's skill and talent is at a level that Kassian's likely will never reach. He needs consistent ice time on the RW to put it all together. Everyone wants to believe that some day Kassian will turn into something more than he is, but when I watch him play, I don't see that happening.

How is he a better fit for our third line than Bennett? Because he's two inches taller? If you want to argue physicality, it's pretty obvious that is not the identity they are going for for the third line. All year they have wanted the third line to be another scoring line. Kassian isn't going to help that.

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
Did Johnson watch 24/7 Penguins Capitals over Christmas? Since when is he just doing whatever Disco would've done?

Bennett does not deserve to be scratched. Period. I'm so bewildered how freaking Spaling belongs in the top six over him, let alone Sill, Adams and Arcobello needing to be in the lineup over him.

Kassian is garbage. Are we really going to be the team that trades skill and talent for offensively useless "grit"?

penguins2946*

Kassian is a significantly worse player than Bennett. Bennett's skill and talent is at a level that Kassian's likely will never reach. He needs consistent ice time on the RW to put it all together. Everyone wants to believe that some day Kassian will turn into something more than he is, but when I watch him play, I don't see that happening.

How is he a better fit for our third line than Bennett? Because he's two inches taller? If you want to argue physicality, it's pretty obvious that is not the identity they are going for for the third line. All year they have wanted the third line to be another scoring line. Kassian isn't going to help that.

Except for the fact that Kassian is good along the boards, brings physicality to the 3rd line and isn't a bad playmaker. But yeah, let's just keep acting like he's a skill-less 4th line goon.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
There´s a difference between Kassian and Bennett. Kassian sucks, Bennett doesn´t. VM knows that, he loves Kassian for some unknown reason but even he initially admitted that trading Bennett for him would be a nonsense. Now, he´s changing the rhetorics for an unknown reason.. OK, so BB is gonna be scratched, maybe he´s going to be traded at TDL.. BUT that doesn´t mean that it has to be for Zack ****ing Kassian. Packaging BB with a guy like Dumoulin can serve us better than that but I obviously don´t want to trade him at all.. But if he´s gonna be treated by MJ like this, then there´s probably no other choice...

penguins2946*

Where is this Kassian for BB trade talk coming from? Did somebody in the media mention it? Or is it just fans talking about it?

Just talking about it because both players are being screwed over by their respective teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad