Penguins Off-Season Thread: You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you’ll hurl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
So Beau Bennett officially retired.

I'd forgotten he was still on the roster for the first of the back to back Cups in 2016.

lokomotiv15

Jul 14, 2012
London, ontario
And he had the classic horseshoe balding pattern when he was like 24... never trusted the guy since
I remember him in a locker room video that Malone was filming and Bugsy asked him how the wife was, any kids, etc... And he said "Nope, no kids" In a funny awkward way that I thought was a funny "haha, no kids, never" way.

Few years later my buddy is his goalie in Houston and after a game in Hamilton a bunch of us and guys from the team are having drinks at the hotel and he's there and I mention his intervirw to my buddy. Turns out Hacks says he's infertile or had extremely difficulty conceiving and he and his wife had been trying unsuccessfully for years. I felt like a total dick for laughing at his line all those years:(

Reactions: LOGiK

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I think you were arguing we should play him on Crosby's wing because we needed more playmaking wingers like Mitch Marner.

You're confusing the discussion. I believe it was you insisting we should trade Bennett and the rights to Guentzel for Sam Bennett.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I mean, at THIS point, Guentzel is a used up wad of wet paper towel

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I’m a Coyotes fan, therefore my life is already a mockery. So please feel free to flame and taunt if this proposal is bad. I’ve got 25 years of experience with it, and after a quarter century it just feels like home, anyway. :)

How would you all feel about Kuemper (maybe with retention?) and Fischer for Jarry and Blueger?

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
I’m a Coyotes fan, therefore my life is already a mockery. So please feel free to flame and taunt if this proposal is bad. I’ve got 25 years of experience with it, and after a quarter century it just feels like home, anyway. :)

How would you all feel about Kuemper (maybe with retention?) and Fischer for Jarry and Blueger?

Why would YOU want that trade? Kinda seems like crap for crap a bit, eh?

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Kuemper is not crap. He’s a world class goaltender. There are not 10 better anywhere in the world. He’s by far and away the best available.

lol solid negotiating tactic...but...if hes so good, why would you gift him upon us? hehe

rt

May 13, 2004
lol solid negotiating tactic...but...if hes so good, why would you gift him upon us? hehe
Adin Hill, Seattle, and a rebuild/retool. The Coyotes need to get younger. They can only protect Hill or Kuemper. And they won’t be very competitive for the next few years. Kuemper is an amazing asset. He’s water here. Doesn’t fit. Ideal for a team with a closing window. Which is why I turned up here.

I don’t do sales jobs on HF. Haha. What’s the point. I shoot straight man. No reason to. You can take it or leave it. Well, actually I should be the one to leave. Haha. It’s YOUR forum afterall. :)

rt

May 13, 2004
UFA in a year. And Yotes are entering a semi rebuild. @rt is one of the fairer talent evaluators on the board.

I assume the idea is to take a flier on Jarry given his age and move Blueger into a top nine C role.
You nailed it. Want to expand Blueger’s role and see if Jarry can flourish in the safe little no media incubator that is Arizona. Plus, we can expose him and I don’t think Seattle will claim.

As for Fischer, I personally am a bit fed up with him. I see him as Ferdinand the Bull. Many other Coyotes fans love him. They see him as a cycle buster defensively and a solid possession player. They see a guy who, like many, got put through the ringer by the horrifically bad head coaching of Rick Tocchet. Me? I’ve run out of patience.

Having said that, he was great for the first bit of the season. He was on a line with John Hayden who was playing for his life. Hayden was his main competition for a roster spot and Fischer really rose to the challenge and did his best to match the pace. As soon as Tocchet stupidly started scratching Hayden, Fischer (in my opinion) let offf the gas and eased into the groove.

Now I’ve seen what he can do when motivated though. Makes me wonder what he could do on a team that isn’t dogshit with an idiot for s head coach. Maybe he’s good again. He has been at various times in his nhl career. Flip a coin.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
You nailed it. Want to expand Blueger’s role and see if Jarry can flourish in the safe little no media incubator that is Arizona. Plus, we can expose him and I don’t think Seattle will claim.

As for Fischer, I personally am a bit fed up with him. I see him as Ferdinand the Bull. Many other Coyotes fans love him. They see him as a cycle buster defensively and a solid possession player. They see a guy who, like many, got put through the ringer by the horrifically bad head coaching of Rick Tocchet. Me? I’ve run out of patience.

Having said that, he was great for the first bit of the season. He was on a line with John Hayden who was playing for his life. Hayden was his main competition for a roster spot and Fischer really rose to the challenge and did his best to match the pace. As soon as Tocchet stupidly started scratching Hayden, Fischer (in my opinion) let offf the gas and eased into the groove.

Now I’ve seen what he can do when motivated though. Makes me wonder what he could do on a team that isn’t dogshit with an idiot for s head coach. Maybe he’s good again. He has been at various times in his nhl career. Flip a coin.

Watch what you say about Tocchet on this forum.. some believe he is the real reason we won back to back…

Reactions: Pens x

rt

May 13, 2004
Watch what you say about Tocchet on this forum.. some believe he is the real reason we won back to back…
My username stands for rICK tOCCHET. I had his poster on my wall as a kid. He was my boyhood hero. I love Rick Tocchet. The only coach we’ve had that was worse was Wayne Gretzky. Rick Tocchet is a HORRRENDOUS head coach. So, so, so bad. But he seems like a really great guy and I loved him as a player. I bet he’s a fantastic assistant coach. Maybe an elite assistant coach. He’s pure garbage as a head coach.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
My username stands for rICK tOCCHET. I had his poster on my wall as a kid. He was my boyhood hero. I love Rick Tocchet. The only coach we’ve had that was worse was Wayne Gretzky. Rick Tocchet is a HORRRENDOUS head coach. So, so, so bad. But he seems like a really great guy and I loved him as a player. I bet he’s a fantastic assistant coach. Maybe an elite assistant coach. He’s pure garbage as a head coach.
I'd take Tocchet back as our assistant coach. Since Sully lost him it seems the guy changed.

rt

May 13, 2004
I'd take Tocchet back as our assistant coach. Since Sully lost him it seems the guy changed.
I think Chayka would have been a fantastic assistant GM. He’s likely the worst GM since Milbury. I think Tocchet is likely a fantastic assistant coach. He was the worst head coach of the last half decade. They should rename the team “Phoenix Peter Principles”.

Reactions: 66-30-33

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
UFA in a year. And Yotes are entering a semi rebuild. @rt is one of the fairer talent evaluators on the board.

I assume the idea is to take a flier on Jarry given his age and move Blueger into a top nine C role.

Hmmmm. I dont think Blueger can expand. I dont think he is even 3C at this point. Jarry might be okay...but....my confidence in his ability to actually backstop a team has waned.

I'll do it but I kinda think the Yotes will lose that trade.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
It’s pretty hot out. I wonder if @Honour Over Glory has taken off his hoodie?

dom-simon-fan-club-unisex-lightweight-terry-hoodie.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad