Pre-Game Talk: Penguins match-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
Enjoy Galway. Always liked Tigh Neachtains. You should check it out. Good live music. Although it has been a few years so it may have changed. Hope not cos I'll be back in Galway this summer.

Hearing you watching a game at that time reminds me when I moved back home for a few weeks and was streaming the Bruins Canucks series at 4 in the morning. Neighbours thought I had lost it screaming at the tv that early in the morning

Thanks--will check it out. I got up (very quietly) to stream the second part of both game 7's from last round, so at about 3:30-4:00am (my non-hockey fan husband is not amused, but at least tolerant;)) He just tells the friends we are traveling with that I'm a fanatic...what can I say--it's true:yo: I won't be able to keep it nearly as quiet for the Bruins game!

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
The X-Factor in this series will be....

Mike Milbury.

When the Bruins win Game 1 and Crosby and Mario start pulling the Vigneault/Gillis routine, Milbury will be the one guy to go on TV and point out that they are babies, then everyone will talk about Milbury, then by Game 4 the refs will be ignoring the whining because everyone has to agree that the crazy guy from the television is actually right, and then the Bruins win in 5.

Milbury should be fun to watch

You keep saying B's in 5 ...I like it ;)

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Kings fan here saying GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO B'S!!!!!!

Good lord it is freaking ridiculous how the media is covering your series. Its as if the Pens have already won the cup and you guys are only there to help prepare them to receive it.

From the start of the season I have been calling for a Kings B's Championship series and I am hoping we get to see it.

I think you guys look great and are running on all cylinders. Rask scares me from time to time but he is solid and the better goalie between he and Vokoun.

I know you don't need it but once again you have a ton of people pulling for you guys to go and give em hell. Lots of people out there cheering the B's on outside of Boston.

GO GET EM BOYS!!!!!

SHOW US HOW IT'S DONE B"S!!!!

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Good lord it is freaking ridiculous how the media is covering your series. Its as if the Pens have already won the cup and you guys are only there to help prepare them to receive it.

From the start of the season I have been calling for a Kings B's Championship series and I am hoping we get to see it.

I think you guys look great and are running on all cylinders. Rask scares me from time to time but he is solid and the better goalie between he and Vokoun.

I know you don't need it but once again you have a ton of people pulling for you guys to go and give em hell. Lots of people out there cheering the B's on outside of Boston.

GO GET EM BOYS!!!!!

Thanks ! Good Luck to the Kings too.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Game 1: Pens 5-2
Game 2: B's 4-2
Game 3: B's 4-3
Game 4: B's 3-1
Game 5: Pens 4-1
Game 6: B's 2-0

and I had hope the B's would win in 4. ;)

To be honest the stress is creeping in to by neck, back and shoulders. I think this will be difficult for our B's. :amazed: But also to be honest I felt the same in 2011. ;)

Hawgood_38

Season Tix since '97
Sep 3, 2002
Pumping tires
Visit site
Game 1: Pens 5-2
Game 2: B's 4-2
Game 3: B's 4-3
Game 4: B's 3-1
Game 5: Pens 4-1
Game 6: B's 2-0

I, too, said B's in 6. I think we have the ability to frustrate the Pens with Claude's system and with the way Bart and Krug have been retrieving pucks and moving it out of the zone is a dynamic the teams aren't used to from us. People say the Rags forecheck sucked, but I think some of it was that the B's didn't give them the chance to. Hopefully the third line can step up because we could use some production out of them.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

GO GET EM BOYS!!!!!

I love this post. I was cheering for the Kings last season and was happy that you won. I am so sick of the media giving the Cup to the Pens. They will not get it.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
I love this post. I was cheering for the Kings last season and was happy that you won. I am so sick of the media giving the Cup to the Pens. They will not get it.

I watched a ton of your games this season and I think you guys might be the Champs this when everything is said and done. You have excellent coaching and fight like you want it. Its what I see in my Kings and that is why I want to see us battle each other for the cup.

The very best vs the very best.

GO GET EM!!!!

SHUT THOSE GUYS DOWN!!!!!

GO B's!

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
and I had hope the B's would win in 4. ;)

To be honest the stress is creeping in to by neck, back and shoulders. I think this will be difficult for our B's. :amazed: But also to be honest I felt the same in 2011. ;)

I felt way worse in 2011. At least I know the core of this team have what it takes now. They've been here and succeeded before now let's watch them do it again!!!

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
I still can't believe the Pens board turned down our avatar bet because we're the favorites. That still hasn't totally left my mind.

Brewin8

Jul 17, 2008
British Columbia
I felt way worse in 2011. At least I know the core of this team have what it takes now. They've been here and succeeded before now let's watch them do it again!!!

I too felt 2011 was way worse. But then I live in canuckville and it was in my face on a daily basis. This time the people here are anti-Bruins/Hawks/Kings and left with cheering for the Penguins...how convenient for them to climb aboard the favourites wagon. But the co-workers and friends I have all know too well that anythings possible and it has them worried. For they have seen what this Bruins group is capable of, and what it takes to succeed in the Playoffs, and they know that the Bruins are definitely in the mix...
Go Bruins!

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Can we just add the word "arrogant" to the filter? That'll make this series 67 times more tolerable to follow.

It's the two best teams in the Eastern Conference. I say we just allow ourselves to be arrogant and be done with it. That might be arrogant of me, but I don't care. I'm arrogant.

This series needs to start like, yesterday.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
I still can't believe the Pens board turned down our avatar bet because we're the favorites. That still hasn't totally left my mind.

How does it affect your record? Since you weren't afforded the opportunity, I don't think it should count, personally.

I'm with you.

21966436.jpg

Bergeron Knows Best

Nov 11, 2010
Louisville, KY
I can't stop going to the main board. It's like picking a scab! You know you shouldn't do it, but you cant stop! They are so friggin arrogant its insane. This series cannot start soon enough. That said; I'm expecting Pitt to take the first two games, in proper 2011 fashion...

BubbaBoot

Oct 19, 2003
The Fenway
Visit site
The X-Factor in this series will be....

Mike Milbury.

When the Bruins win Game 1 and Crosby and Mario start pulling the Vigneault/Gillis routine, Milbury will be the one guy to go on TV and point out that they are babies, then everyone will talk about Milbury, then by Game 4 the refs will be ignoring the whining because everyone has to agree that the crazy guy from the television is actually right, and then the Bruins win in 5.

HA! Genius.....probably the most likely scenario I've read yet....

Serpico4ever

Jul 4, 2010
Brighton, MA
Milbury should be fun to watch

You keep saying B's in 5 ...I like it ;)

They hate Milbury on the Penn's board. Personally I love the guy for just the reasons you said. By nature hockey can never be basketball. That being said, the officials can make it like a rigged prize fight, but I do believe that hockey is somehow more "sacred" than a game like basketball, and people are willing to stand up and speak their mind if the games going in the wrong direction.

On the main board I got an infraction for saying that the most important thing for the B's would be weathering the officiating. Talk about thin skin.

SlickM32

It's amazing how arrogant their fan base is. I posted a thread which basically proved my point that 5 on 5 these teams are very close and the major difference in offense has to due with the amount of PP's Pittsburgh gets and their success rate and it was like too much for them to handle.

Serpico4ever

Jul 4, 2010
Brighton, MA
It's amazing how arrogant their fan base is. I posted a thread which basically proved my point that 5 on 5 these teams are very close and the major difference in offense has to due with the amount of PP's Pittsburgh gets and their success rate and it was like too much for them to handle.

Dude their pre-game talk is about what to do about goaltending next year, with quick little mentions of how awesomely destructive their team will be tomorrow. I can't wait for the games to get going. It'll be tumbleweeds and ghost towns over there. The Bruins aren't sweeping, but if fair is fair, and the games are straight up, I think the B's can take them in six. Vokoun is being looked at as if a god. Actually every player they have is being talked about that way.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah

GO GET EM BOYS!!!!!

Exactly this. Checking out the Pens board, you would think they already won the cup. :help:

Cheerin for yah guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad