Pre-Game Talk: Penguins match-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
Do we play Chara and Seides together or spilt them?

I think we go Chara-Boychuck and the kelly line against Crosby

Bartowski- Seidenberg and the Bergy line against the Malkin line

Krug- McQuaid can kill Cooke and Sutter.

Try and matchup Krejci and there bottom six.

Two way team versus pure offence should be fun Bruin win games 1,3,4,6.

Hope the West goes long we need the Rest.

Moose Of Woe

May 22, 2013
With the way he's been playing, I wish we could just clone Krug.

The Krug quintuplets VS everybody!

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Pittsburgh honestly does not scare me at all

Whoever the western conference champion is scares me

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
I would Chara/Seids on Malkin/Neal/Iginla. They are very talented and physical. Try to slow them down.

Crosby's going to get his anyway. Hope Bergeron can keep him from going off. Get Jagr off Bergeron's line now. Don't want him out there trying to check Crosby's line. Really focus on Kunitz and DuPuis. Try to eliminate Crosby's options. He's going to play great and score a little. Try to shut the rest of them down.

Forecheck and try to pound the living crap out of their defense. Especially; Martin, Letang and Niskanen. Those three are not very big or physical.

Honestly, I would predict the Pens. They're a wagon. Just how I'd try to play them.

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
I think we keep Krug away from Crosby/Malkin. He certainly hasn't been bad defensively, but he hasn't been tested. I wouldn't make Crosby or Malkin his first test.

If we split up Chara and Seidenberg, which could be a good play because they have two elite lines, it wouldn't be permanent. We'd just double shift those two a lot. It'd be something like

Chara Boychuk
Bartkowski Seidenberg
Krug McQuaid
Chara Seidenberg

And other than keeping Krug away from their top two lines when possible, I wouldn't worry about which defensive pairing gets Crosby and which gets Malkin. Just rotate em through.

Although, to be honest, I think Claude keeps Chara and Seidenberg together and plays Bergeron against the other line. That's the safer play.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
The Penguins have MUCH better high-end talent, better depth, better defense and they finally fixed their goaltending.

It will be a short series. But hey, at least they made in to the Conference Finals (and lost their 1st round pick).

Hahaha funny.

Not funny.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
The Penguins have MUCH better high-end talent, better depth, better defense and they finally fixed their goaltending.

It will be a short series. But hey, at least they made in to the Conference Finals (and lost their 1st round pick).

And just like your Leafs in 6 and Rangers in 5 predictions, you'll be proven wrong again...

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Give me the 2011 PK and third line and I'm not worried at all.

Yes, we can light their bad defense and Vokoun up.
But never forget how they torched the Sens with Anderson who played lights out defensively all season.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Bruins 3rd in the league in GAA. Penguins 12th. This series comes down to Rask and our defensive ability to limit the Penguins' potent offense. We should be able to get some goals. Vokoun has not faced exactly tough competition in the playoffs so far. We can score on him.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

LMAO looks like most people are thinking this will be a cake walk for the Pens. :laugh:

Nightslyr

Mar 26, 2002
NH
All I want is for someone to run Cooke, and for Marchand to punch Sidney like he did to whichever Sedin sister a couple years ago.

acr*

I think we match up well. The key is not giving them too much respect, don't be so scared of Crosby and Malkin that they light you up.

Punch the Penguins in the mouth and you can stun them. That's what the Islanders did to get that series to a hard 6 games despite a huge talent disparity. And we're much better and much deeper than the Islanders.

Not saying we should start getting the duckboats ready, but it won't be an upset if we knock them off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad