Pre-Game Talk: Penguins @ Leafs 7pm Nov 11th, 2022

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Penguins have 7 losses in their last 8. But won last game against the Capitals. I think the Caps have some key injuries still though.

Hopefully Crosby is thinking ahead to HNIC in Montreal in Saturday, and loses focus tonight. (As if)

I want to see Rielly with a huge game tonight.

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
Other teams haven't valued him right. It was the Leafs who signed him to the two year contract - not other teams. The Leafs valued him right. They are not required to extend Bunting.
Don't care about extending. Talking about this years performance, from 1st line, to 4th.
Maybe this is the real Bunting?? Time will tell. Other teams did not want to pay him what Leafs did. We shall see.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Throwing Petruzzelli against Crosby and Malkin for his first NHL game might not be the smartest thing to do.

Don’t worry, they’re not 25. It’s a watered-down 35+ Malkin and Crosby, many more dangerous players in this league. Other teams don’t seem to have a problem. At some point we have to see what he has, why not try against an injured, below .500 Pens team?

If Murray comes back Petruzzelli’s most likely going back down and we don’t even know what we have and Kallgren hasn’t been good.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
The small bright spot is the players in their UFA year are all trending for pay cuts.
Engvall, Kerfoot, Holl and Bunting

Unless Holland sees something we don't...again

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Don't care about extending. Talking about this years performance, from 1st line, to 4th.
Maybe this is the real Bunting?? Time will tell. Other teams did not want to pay him what Leafs did. We shall see.
@800,000 they missed the boat entirely.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
And last game and the game before and ...
And next game and the game after and the game after ...

This is a good team, but not one the makes you think a win is a foregone conclusion regardless of the competition.
When a team plays to the level of their competition then the results are always uncertain, because it means you can easily loose to bad teams and then turn around and beat strong teams so there is simply no way to know how the game will end.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
And last game and the game before and ...
And next game and the game after and the game after ...

This is a good team, but not one the makes you think a win is a foregone conclusion regardless of the competition.
We've had some struggles with Pittsburgh the last few years. For whatever reason they seem to play us really well...they also get away with a lot of obstruction and that's something that Leafs players struggle with, finding ways to fight through that and still put up offense. Penguins are good at disrupting the Leafs flow of offense

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
We shall see, is a trip to Marlies next? You can talk money, I am talking performance. Even Engval is performing just as well.
Yes, he has out performed his contract. No a trip to the Marlies is not next- at least not this season. He would be easily claimed off of waivers. You are not talking about performance. You are suggesting that other teams knew how to value Bunting. I informed you that they did not as it is the Leafs who have obviously signed him.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Gotta give it to Malgin. He’s looked great playing alongside Kampf. I wouldn’t split those two.

Throwing Petruzzelli against Crosby and Malkin for his first NHL game might not be the smartest thing to do.
I would say it isn't setting him up for success but if Kal is getting crushed I would want to see him in there

Reactions: TMLAM34

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
Yes, he has out performed his contract. No a trip to the Marlies is not next- at least not this season. He would be easily claimed off of waivers. You are not talking about performance. You are suggesting that other teams knew how to value Bunting. I informed you that they did not as it is the Leafs who have obviously signed him.
First and foremost stop telling me what I am talking about. You are an ignorant a??
He is not performing, and while we got a great season out if him,, he may have returned to his actual ability state. Other GMs passed on signing him last year, maybe they knew him. Maybe we got lucky, caught a break and now he is what he is. Time will tell.
Right now, he is playing like he should be in St.Johns.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
First and foremost stop telling me what I am talking about. You are an ignorant a??
He is not performing, and while we got a great season out if him,, he may have returned to his actual ability state. Other GMs passed on signing him last year, maybe they knew him. Maybe we got lucky, caught a break and now he is what he is. Time will tell.
Right now, he is playing like he should be in St.Johns.
I am not you told me what you were talking about.
No I am not an ignorant a. Are you?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad