Pre-Game Talk: Penguins @ Leafs 7pm Nov 11th, 2022

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
the descend of Bunting from 1st to 2nd to 3rd to 4th line is interesting.....

I'd have assumed that as a pending UFA he would want to do/show more to get big bucks in the offseason. Same with Kerfoot/Holl/Engvall.

Its truly an enigma :laugh:
At least it might mean we resign him for way cheaper

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
This gon be like all ezout kjällgren vs desmith or jarry. Their two hot boyz. A lot of scoring touch and Talentum on both sesides. We might allow some goals and they might vacuum some in. Lets see who scores more. Even matthews, auston might score here, if crosby and them let him. Life is a mystery, but a really easy and simple all the time. Just pray, believe and you will be saved.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
As someone who has had a stomach flu (or something like it) for over a week, and am constantly in a state of "if I go out, I could shit myself", I feel that 2nd tweet.
im in the same boat also while battling a cold too...it's a wonderful feeling.

Hope you feel better.

RIP to your toilet.
its our best friend and worst night mare lemme tell you.

Reactions: Tufted Titmouse

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
I have been a big Kerfoot supporter but he has been very vanilla all season and isn't really bringing anything outside of a body on the PK. Both him and Engvall have been dead weight. They badly need to find their games because we can use that cap space a lot better than we have so far.

I am hoping both find their forms from last season as time goes on. I think Engvall started slow then got hot mid year.
Is this the “ big Kerfoot “ you is talking about ?

1668125564560.gif

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
the descend of Bunting from 1st to 2nd to 3rd to 4th line is interesting.....

I'd have assumed that as a pending UFA he would want to do/show more to get big bucks in the offseason. Same with Kerfoot/Holl/Engvall.

Its truly an enigma :laugh:
It’s an enigma wrapped up in a conundrum

Reactions: Nhlpowerweek

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
This gon be like all ezout kjällgren vs desmith or jarry. Their two hot boyz. A lot of scoring touch and Talentum on both sesides. We might allow some goals and they might vacuum some in. Lets see who scores more. Even matthews, auston might score here, if crosby and them let him. Life is a mystery, but a really easy and simple all the time. Just pray, believe and you will be saved.

Heard they were down to 3 dmen last night and Carter had to play some D. If their D is in shambles (sorry Mitch) Matty might light them up. Then again, the Pens might try to clog up the middle of the ice and wait for breaks.

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
Heard they were down to 3 dmen last night and Carter had to play some D. If their D is in shambles (sorry Mitch) Matty might light them up. Then again, the Pens might try to clog up the middle of the ice and wait for breaks.
Yeah actuallu I heard that too sire but forgot about it like dre when the day went on... we truly do have a beautiful chance on wearing them suckas off. Like for real. We have to show that history does (not) matter in this case and this time. Usually it does, but not this time cause we are men and life is all around us. You can see air if you really look at it closely.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada

You're right. Although Petry did come back before the end of the game... their D will definitely be banged up.

So far they can score pretty well but their D hasn't been great ... the goaltending rough too.

I've seen people saying take Pitts tomorrow on betting lines etc but Leafs I think have a decent chance.

If the D supports Kallgren and he's steady... I think leafs could get a bunch of goals tomorrow.

Reactions: ToneDog

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I actually kind of like Engvall - big wingspan, strong skater, he just clogs up the ice out there and is a pain to play around.

With that being said, he's a 1m player, so I would also move him if we could. He's not worth his current deal.
Most fan's frustration with Engvall come down to him not using the tools he has.

Reactions: Clyde Brewer

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
If he is only a 3-4 liner will it even matter if we resign him or not
Yes. He's one of the few feisty players we have up front. He draws penalties. It would be a loss if he wasn't on the team. Plus he's capable of playing with top players as we've seen and can chip in a decent amount of points as we've seen.

Reactions: bax

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Yes. He's one of the few feisty players we have up front. He draws penalties. It would be a loss if he wasn't on the team. Plus he's capable of playing with top players as we've seen and can chip in a decent amount of points as we've seen.
I agree to all of the above but depending on how much he wants there are lots I’d 3-4 liners out there that can do that job.
it will be curious to see if last year was just a fluke and he overachieved and 3-4 is his actual proper placement

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
If Murray is going to be ready for Saturday, the Leafs should have given Petruzzelli a shot on Friday. Kallgren has never been able to put up .900 goaltending in the NHL despite ample opportunity, and has never been able to put up the number Petruzzelli has in the AHL either.

They should let Petru showcase what he has and let him jump Kallgren on the depth chart. Kallgren leaves a lot to be desired, he cost us 3 games against offensively challenged lottery teams (Arizona, SJ, and Anaheim) and wasn't able to put up .900 against any of them.

Reactions: supermann_98

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
im in the same boat also while battling a cold too...it's a wonderful feeling.

Hope you feel better.

its our best friend and worst night mare lemme tell you.

Must be going around. My daughter has been home this week with the same issue.

Reactions: Leaf Rocket

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020

Gotta give it to Malgin. He’s looked great playing alongside Kampf. I wouldn’t split those two.

If Murray is going to be ready for Saturday, the Leafs should have given Petruzzelli a shot on Friday. Kallgren has never been able to put up .900 goaltending in the NHL despite ample opportunity, and has never been able to put up the number Petruzzelli has in the AHL either.

They should let Petru showcase what he has and let him jump Kallgren on the depth chart. Kallgren leaves a lot to be desired, he cost us 3 games against offensively challenged lottery teams (Arizona, SJ, and Anaheim) and wasn't able to put up .900 against any of them.
Throwing Petruzzelli against Crosby and Malkin for his first NHL game might not be the smartest thing to do.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
It may also mean that other teams valued him right and he is a one hit wonder, ready to drop out of NHL for good.
Other teams haven't valued him right. It was the Leafs who signed him to the two year contract - not other teams. The Leafs valued him right. They are not required to extend Bunting.

Reactions: Altair

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad