Pre-Game Talk: Penguins @ Leafs 7pm Nov 11th, 2022

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
It's really early but wanted to throw it up now so if people wanted to discuss. I'll leave the gdt to the guy that's been doing a good job on it.

Here's lines from Leafs practice today...

Thanks but it wasn't much trouble.

• Haha
Reactions: egd27

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
It’ll be nice to get Murray back in net, I just hope he doesn’t rush his way back and re-injures himself. I can see him wanting to get in on the Pittsburgh game knowing his massive compete level.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I like Kerf, but a guy with 1 goal in 14 games probably shouldn't be on your first line. It's also time for Engvall to lose his spot to one of the Marlies who have been on fire. Preferably Steeves

I have been a big Kerfoot supporter but he has been very vanilla all season and isn't really bringing anything outside of a body on the PK. Both him and Engvall have been dead weight. They badly need to find their games because we can use that cap space a lot better than we have so far.

I am hoping both find their forms from last season as time goes on. I think Engvall started slow then got hot mid year.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I have been a big Kerfoot supporter but he has been very vanilla all season and isn't really bringing anything outside of a body on the PK. Both him and Engvall have been dead weight. They badly need to find their games because we can use that cap space a lot better than we have so far.

I am hoping both find their forms from last season as time goes on. I think Engvall started slow then got hot mid year.
I like Kerfoot.

I don't think his value is on the offensive side. Didn't think he was good with M&M, but I did like him with JT. Regardless, his strength is being in the right spot both offensively and especially defensively. His weakness is he might be the worst finisher on the team, especially for someone who gets such great looks. But that is what he is. It is unfortunate he is the one getting the puck rather than digging it out for the others two, but he does increase the defensive capability of any line he is on.

I prefer him lower in the lineup. I guarantee, as soon as he is traded, we will have instant regret on the defensive side, in general, but especially PK and end of game shut down moments.

Not every guy is supposed to be a sniper, but they have to bring something else, I feel he does. Engvall on the other hand, other than a cap friendly salary, just leaves you wanting more all the time.

Reactions: HockeyVirus

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I like Kerfoot.

I don't think his value is on the offensive side. Didn't think he was good with M&M, but I did like him with JT. Regardless, his strength is being in the right spot both offensively and especially defensively. His weakness is he might be the worst finisher on the team, especially for someone who gets such great looks. But that is what he is. It is unfortunate he is the one getting the puck rather than digging it out for the others two, but he does increase the defensive capability of any line he is on.

I prefer him lower in the lineup. I guarantee, as soon as he is traded, we will have instant regret on the defensive side, in general, but especially PK and end of game shut down moments.

Not every guy is supposed to be a sniper, but they have to bring something else, I feel he does. Engvall on the other hand, other than a cap friendly salary, just leaves you wanting more all the time.

Engvall last year was a very good player. He used his speed to be first on pucks and actual used his size to win pucks along the boards and was putting up a decent pace playing this way. I thought he turned a corner but once he got paid he went back to be useless as he was before that. There is a good player in there which is what is frustrating with him.

With Kerfoot, I agree. I think he is an ideal 3rd line compliment piece. Problem is playing him in our top 6 too much. I've been hammering the drum of splitting JT and Nylander and having Kerfoot center Nylander on our 3rd line due to their chmeistry in the playoffs. Would give the Leafs a 3rd line that is a real threat to score and cause matchup nightmares.

Only reason they don't I assume is JT would have bottom 6 wingers. Leafs need a top 6 winger in the worst way.

Pebble live

Oct 17, 2021
Get Engvall out of this lineup.

I like Kerfoot.

His deal isn't cap friendly when you consider what he brings to the ice every night. He should be a million dollar player, at most, at this point.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Go Leafs Go :cool:

B5144F21-F50D-44BD-B000-6EA14E00B4F9.gif

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
I actually kind of like Engvall - big wingspan, strong skater, he just clogs up the ice out there and is a pain to play around.

With that being said, he's a 1m player, so I would also move him if we could. He's not worth his current deal.

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
the descend of Bunting from 1st to 2nd to 3rd to 4th line is interesting.....

I'd have assumed that as a pending UFA he would want to do/show more to get big bucks in the offseason. Same with Kerfoot/Holl/Engvall.

Its truly an enigma :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad