Post-Game Talk: Penguins lay the smack down on the hawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil68

Jun 13, 2009
Although Jarg as a trainer for the penguins would be amazing in terms what he could and would do for the aging core, specially Malkin, plus given them real strong mental fortitude.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I, for one, am shocked that Sidney Crosby can score without Jake Guentzel on his line. Shocked.
I guess we know now that Sid is not a product of Jake.

Some of us were wondering but Sid being the f'ing rockstar he is, shut up all the doubters.

• Haha
Reactions: Syrinx

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I stick by my "Jake = Rob Brown" assessment. Not just anyone could do what he does but he's very much a product of his linemates. You put him in someone like say... oh I dunno... Malkin's position and I'd be curious to see what he does.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I've been told repeatedly that Sid's season is a product of Jake, so I'd count myself among the surprised that he was able to even tie his skates last night, let alone have the game he did.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Although Jarg as a trainer for the penguins would be amazing in terms what he could and would do for the aging core, specially Malkin, plus given them real strong mental fortitude.

Jagr, the guy known for missing 20+ games because of a destroyed groin for like half of his career is probably the last person you want giving Malkin medical advice.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
They actually scored four goals! Against maybe the worst backup goalie and the worst team in the NHL but they all count.

Hey, look, Rakell showed a pulse, Smith too. Now, if they could do it regularly against actual NHL teams which are trying to win, we would be going places. Well, we are still going places, kind of. 10th or 11th place in the conference to be precise.

Reactions: EliteGoaltending

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
Jagr "I would score the goal, give me the puck, I'll be standing at the blue line. Also, maybe don't win. These fans will complain anyway. f*** em. Take the money in Philly"

I've been told repeatedly that Sid's season is a product of Jake, so I'd count myself among the surprised that he was able to even tie his skates last night, let alone have the game he did.
Slow motion video of sid and Jake laughing

Slowly fades to black

Sid sitting alone in locker stall, just slowly drops his laces from his hands

Sid looks at the camera crying as "in the arms of an angel" plays

Jake then walks in with two Jake shakes, and ties sids skates, even with a cast on

Sid goes out and scores a goal

Points to jake in the press box

Jake does a heart symbol with his hands

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I stick by my "Jake = Rob Brown" assessment. Not just anyone could do what he does but he's very much a product of his linemates. You put him in someone like say... oh I dunno... Malkin's position and I'd be curious to see what he does.
I don't know if I completely agree, but there's also a huge difference between Jake as he entered the league and Jake post-shoulder injury.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I don't know if I completely agree, but there's also a huge difference between Jake as he entered the league and Jake post-shoulder injury.

I'm being a little over the top. As usual. Jake is a very smart player. One of those guys that just has a knack for where to be and a good enough skillset to take advantage of that. But he will never drive a line. And this idea that he helps Crosby at least as much as Crosby helps him I find a little absurd TBH.

Come on

Jul 28, 2021
Sid barely dominated without Hark and Nieto. He's a product of this potent system. If Big Jeff goes down he will probably only score 49 instead of 50

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Can we just agree that the Hawks are the worst team in the league and that it makes zero sense to make any pronouncements about the team or players on it by viewing one game against them? lol

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I'm being a little over the top. As usual. Jake is a very smart player. One of those guys that just has a knack for where to be and a good enough skillset to take advantage of that. But he will never drive a line. And this idea that he helps Crosby at least as much as Crosby helps him I find a little absurd TBH.
I dunno... look at the number of 100 point seasons Jake's had without Sid. Now compare that to the number of 100 point seasons Sid's had without Jake. Pretty clear Jake's the guy driving that line.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
And when that doesn’t work like people want it to, (because there has been a noticeable decline in Geno’s game) how do we find a way to blame it on Sid?
It's always been strange to me that people seem more concerned with taking away Jake from Sid and putting him with Geno rather than shouting about management finding Geno his own version of Jake and keeping Sid and Jake together.

To me, the issue has always been BOTH guys could use a winger of Jake's caliber (or close to it). Not removing Jake from one line so the other guy has to play with your run-of-the-mill 40-50 point plug instead.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
It's always been strange to me that people seem more concerned with taking away Jake from Sid and putting him with Geno rather than shouting about management finding Geno his own version of Jake and keeping Sid and Jake together.

To me, the issue has always been BOTH guys could use a winger of Jake's caliber (or close to it). Not removing Jake from one line so the other guy has to play with your run-of-the-mill 40-50 point plug instead.
We’ve given up with Sullivan here that we’ll get anyone the quality of Kessel for example…ham n eggers only, as beloved as they are by our coach

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
We’ve given up with Sullivan here that we’ll get anyone the quality of Kessel for example…ham n eggers only, as beloved as they are by our coach

Far easier to play 71 with skilled artisans the like of Colin White and then bitch on message boards that Malkin should have been traded 5 years ago. Lazy Russian.

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad