Friedman: Penguins interested in Jack Roslovic

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
When I said depth guys I meant depth forwards, I don't think Riikola is moving with Matheson out long term.

I think a purely futures trade makes the most sense here, but why is Winnipeg scouting the Penguins if they'd be happy with just futures? That's what I don't understand.

No I'm under the impression that you're seriously overvaluing Roslovic and no one is going to trade the kind of win now help you'd want for him.

He's a 29 point RFA who's holding out and refusing to sign. He's only have value for bringing back "win now help" as a small part of a much larger trade.
Unfortunately, I have to, conditionally, agree with this... the Pens don’t have anything that would be available, of equal value, fits in the Jets needs, and ready now... so if it’s a Roslovic to Pittsburg deal, it’s futures or something bigger.
Having said that...what’s your valuation on Kapanen?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I’d take Tanev back with 50% retention

I wouldn't do Tanev for Roslovic alone, the idea of the Penguins retaining on him makes it laughable.

Unfortunately, I have to, conditionally, agree with this... the Pens don’t have anything that would be available, of equal value, fits in the Jets needs, and ready now... so if it’s a Roslovic to Pittsburg deal, it’s futures or something bigger.
Having said that...what’s your valuation on Kapanen?

What they paid for him a few months ago, so more than he's reasonably worth :laugh:

Reactions: BatVader

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I guarantee you're not going to get better than that for Roslovic and you can't force him to sign a deal.

Who's trading win-now help for a 29 point malcontent RFA who's refusing to sign?
We don’t really want much for Roslovic. The thing is, him sitting hurts no one but himself. So there’s no reason to trade him for a bunch of spare parts right now.

If all that’s being offered is junk, then you hold onto Roslovic and hope he signs so he can contribute, or you trade him for junk in the off-season, or you let Seattle take him and call it a win.

Reactions: SCP Guy

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
No need to bail Pittsburgh out of that terrible contract. They can keep Tanev.

I have no problems with Tanev's contract so far. Great player that I'd like to see take occasional shifts in the top 6.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Good news for Chevy. He should get a significant return, even though he's moving a player sitting outing.
I'm not getting this. Why is this guy worth a first to some people? He has stalled for whatever reason.

Also someone said the pens are panicking, they seem to be a team that can always use depth so I dont know why this would be panicking. He's a smart pickup for anyone looking for a maybe third line center.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Tanev has played like a $3.5 million player since the second he signed that contract.

Idk if he'll be that caliber of player in years 4-6 of the deal, but he's definitely worth the price right now. Legitimate difference maker in the bottom-6, I sure as hell wouldn't trade him for Roslovic.

I'm not getting this. Why is this guy worth a first to some people? He has stalled for whatever reason.

Also someone said the pens are panicking, they seem to be a team that can always use depth so I dont know why this would be panicking. He's a smart pickup for anyone looking for a maybe third line center.

It's because people on this site overrate the shit out of potential and futures :laugh:

Roslovic is closer to not being tendered a QO than bringing back a 1st in a trade.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Tanev has played like a $3.5 million player since the second he signed that contract.

Idk if he'll be that caliber of player in years 4-6 of the deal, but he's definitely worth the price right now. Legitimate difference maker in the bottom-6, I sure as hell wouldn't trade him for Roslovic.

It's because people on this site overrate the shit out of potential and futures :laugh:

Roslovic is closer to not being tendered a QO than bringing back a 1st in a trade.
People cracking on the Tanev contract have never made sense to me either. He's perfect for the Pens and that's not too much money for him. The baseline for what guys are worth in AAV is always moving north, but on these boards the acknowledgement of that is always laughably behind. If the Pens find themselves in big games down the stretch it's a guy like Tanev that will score the big goal on a rebound he outworked the D to get to.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016

Read the first page of this thread and you should be able to find the answer.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I read it and still have no idea other than some ridiculous notion that some people think JR will give a first for literally anyone so Winni fans assume he's going to give one for Jack.
That’s the answer! :)

I think most Winnipeg fans realize a first isn’t gonna be part of the return — they likely want a second or a RHD of similar caliber to Roslovic (think 5-6, early 20s with the potential to move up). Some Pens fans appear to be cynical due to JR’s mismanagement the past while and are just expecting he’ll give up a first. While Winnipeg would gladly accept that, that’s not likely to happen.

Reactions: bleedgreen

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013

It's because people on this site overrate the shit out of draft picks :laugh:

Fixed that for you. Roslovic has produced exactly at the rate you'd expect a 25th overall pick to produce and many think he can do better in a different situation. He's worth a late 1st right now.

Nickel eye Heel hers

Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC
Lol no he hasn't and no he's not.

Your statement has made me look at Roslovics peers from previous drafts at #25

2013 Michael McCarron almost entire career at the AHL level
2014 Pasternak Correct. Pasternak better than Roslovic
2015 Roslovic at #24 Konecny who you could argue has had more success. at #26 Juulen not better than Roslvoic
2016 Riley Tufte at #25 has never played a game in the NHL
2017 Ryan Poehling hasn't done anything in the NHL unless you think 28 games in 3 seasons and 5 points a success

At the #25 OA spot it seems to be a very 50/50 chance of being good enough to play at the NHL level on any line.
Roslovic is still good enough to play at the NHL level middle 6. Considering there are almost just as many busts as there are success stories, it would be hard to argue against Roslovic not being worth a late 1st round pick in a trade.

Reactions: Huffer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad