Pre-Game Talk: Penguins@Flames 9:00 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrosbytoKessel

Jan 8, 2015
Beau Bennett is still working out. Presumably, at some point, he will stop.
2:16pm - 6 Feb 15
If i was him if stay on all day.

LucSZ

Aug 10, 2014
So either:
1) GMJR is really working on a trade with Beau as bait (which given his recent injuries and performance means low trade value), or
2) Beau is somehow banged up again and org trying to shield him from backlash (which based on how much he's participating in practice seems unlikely)

So basically, there's no good reason. So wtf, srsly. :shakehead

penguins2946*

So either:
1) GMJR is really working on a trade with Beau as bait (which given his recent injuries and performance means low trade value), or
2) Beau is somehow banged up again and org trying to shield him from backlash (which based on how much he's participating in practice seems unlikely)

So basically, there's no good reason. So wtf, srsly. :shakehead

Or 3) MJ isn't happy with Bennett's play recently, so he wants to scratch him to have him reset. I don't agree with him at all, just play him on his correct wing, but Bennett being scratched doesn't mean he's trade bait or hurt. Maybe MJ doesn't like what he sees from Beau, who knows.

LucSZ

Aug 10, 2014
Or 3) MJ isn't happy with Bennett's play recently, so he wants to scratch him to have him reset. I don't agree with him at all, just play him on his correct wing, but Bennett being scratched doesn't mean he's trade bait or hurt. Maybe MJ doesn't like what he sees from Beau, who knows.

Seems like that's what he's saying... but I don't buy it. You don't keep scratching a player for him to work on "compete level." Makes no sense. How do you know how well he competes if you don't play him? Scratching him once, ok. But 3 times?

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Don't you think the only way for a kid to work on his "compete level" is to actually, you know, compete in games?

Stad

@Mahomes2Helaire
Apr 22, 2007
Saskatoon
Bennett will play tomorrow, hopefully he has a good showing and can stick in the line-up.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

Seems like that's what he's saying... but I don't buy it. You don't keep scratching a player for him to work on "compete level." Makes no sense.

He's so important we have to scratch him! :laugh:

Important players must be scratched to work on their compete level, you see. Unimportant players who will not get any better must stay in the line-up in their established roles at all costs.

What a ****ing circus.

penguins2946*

What they're saying Bennett needs to work on makes total sense. How they're having him work on it doesn't make sense at all. How does scratching him make him better in board battles? The best place to work on that is in games. It's not like Bennett is a liability out there because of his board play.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I'd also like to point out that I have more faith in Bennett winning any board battle than I do Kunitz. I mean, Kunitz does his best to avoid any kind of board battle by coasting into 50/50 pucks at Hal Gill speed, but when he does get there in time, it's not like he's even as effective as Bennett.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Bennett will play tomorrow, hopefully he has a good showing and can stick in the line-up.

Meanwhile, the rest of the team can suck ass, and lose board battle after board battle, and refuse to go to the net with zero repercussions.

penguins2946*

I'd also like to point out that I have more faith in Bennett winning any board battle than I do Kunitz.

The only explanation I can think of is that they view Bennett as a long term solution while Kunitz isn't, so they hold Bennett to a higher standard than Kunitz. They want Bennett to become better in weaker areas of his game because he's a long term fix here, but Kunitz will be gone soon. Idk, I'm just trying to rationalize why they're doing this to Beau and not to Sutter or Kunitz.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Doesn't it seem like Bennett started "not going to the net enough" or "losing board battles" once Malkin went out and he had to play with Sutter?

Just sayin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille