Pre-Game Talk: Penguins@Flames 9:00 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 22, 2010
Mother Base
2.6.15-Digital-Preview.jpg

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Lineup situation is still very troubling.

Perron Crosby Hornqvist should be first line and it's insane not to see that. Kunitz and Bennet should be on second line for now, and it's insane not to see that.

The Pens will struggle until all of this happens.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
HCMJ said yesterday that BB will likely play at least one of the remaining two games of their western Canadian trip so, just for fun I'd like to see him try:

Kunitz - Crosby - Hörnqvist
Perron - Malkin - Bennett
Spaling - Sutter - Downie
Sill - Arcobello - Lapierre

Since it seems Kunitz is going to play with Sid, this means nobody is on their off wing or not on their preferred wing, and Lappy has played at least a bit on RW. They've said they want to try Perron with Malkin at some point, why not now?

And yes, I know ... Adams is never going to sit :cry:

Mar 22, 2010
Mother Base
Lineup situation is still very troubling.

Perron Crosby Hornqvist should be first line and it's insane not to see that. Kunitz and Bennet should be on second line for now, and it's insane not to see that.

The Pens will struggle until all of this happens.

I'm with you. It seems like such an easy decision.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Just play Bennett plz.
Don't care about anything else.

Said this post game but the top 9 desperately needs more skill. Perron, Bennett and Comeau are this teams skilled wingers. Play them all in the top 6 or give 1 to each C.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
As long as Kunitz is in the top 6, I think we'll have problems generating consistent offense 5v5. I think that's really our biggest issue. If they could manage to put the Kunitz/Sutter/Bennett line together, I think all of those players might have a chance to get kick-started, because their strengths and weaknesses balance out, and they won't see tough matchups. Try out:

Perron Crosby PH
Spaling Geno Downie
Kunitz Sutter BB

Until Comeau comes back, then push Spaling to L4 or something.

Black Label

Aug 6, 2009
Amsterdam
Can we stop having late games, please?

With the way we're playing I can barely make it through the first period without falling asleep.

mikethelegacy

formerly mikelegacy
May 9, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa
Can we stop having late games, please?

With the way we're playing I can barely make it through the first period without falling asleep.

Vancouver is a 10:30 game, I believe...have fun with that one. I'll be in Louisville, so at least it will be like 9:30 there...lol

Wait...maybe they are the same timezone(?)...damn...

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I always enjoyed the late night games, especially in the summer when the Buccos are on a west coast swing. You can have your whole day and then enjoy sports at the end.

Although I agree. We are playing like crap right now. The most I enjoyed this team were in the two Stanley Cup runs. I just felt the team had great structure. You knew what to expect and how they could play. Wins weren't guaranteed, but they'd battle and play within their structure. The Bylsma-era really tainted my love of this team. It reminded me of the late 90s where I felt the team was REALLY talented but structure lacked. You need to have a bought in system to win the Cup. You can't just out-talent your way to the Cup anymore. That **** was gone in the early 90s.

SidDidNothingWrong

Beau's IcedCapp
Jan 2, 2014
I honestly believe that if Kunitz can move to the third line, our top six becomes
Perron-Sid-Hornqvist
Bennett-Geno-Comeau
And we whatever bottom six that works, we are contenders. Comeau is Geno's Talbot and Perron is great with Crosby when they actually have ****ing space.

Callista Rhian

Dec 27, 2014
Land of Ice & Snow
I honestly believe that if Kunitz can move to the third line, our top six becomes
Perron-Sid-Hornqvist
Bennett-Geno-Comeau
And we whatever bottom six that works, we are contenders. Comeau is Geno's Talbot and Perron is great with Crosby when they actually have ****ing space.

BB's said that if he plays w/ Geno he has to be on his RW.

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013
BB's said that if he plays w/ Geno he has to be on his RW.

Perron-Crosby-Hornqvist
Comeau-Malkin-Bennett

works just as well.

In any event, Perron and Kunitz should be on the LW. Hornqvist and Bennett should be on the right.

This shouldn't need to be rocket science.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Vancouver is a 10:30 game, I believe...have fun with that one. I'll be in Louisville, so at least it will be like 9:30 there...lol

Wait...maybe they are the same timezone(?)...damn...

Louisville still eastern. You could go a few miles west and be on central time though.

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
I always enjoyed the late night games, especially in the summer when the Buccos are on a west coast swing. You can have your whole day and then enjoy sports at the end.

Although I agree. We are playing like crap right now. The most I enjoyed this team were in the two Stanley Cup runs. I just felt the team had great structure. You knew what to expect and how they could play. Wins weren't guaranteed, but they'd battle and play within their structure. The Bylsma-era really tainted my love of this team. It reminded me of the late 90s where I felt the team was REALLY talented but structure lacked. You need to have a bought in system to win the Cup. You can't just out-talent your way to the Cup anymore. That **** was gone in the early 90s.
Woah, let's not get too crazy here

mikethelegacy

formerly mikelegacy
May 9, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa
Louisville still eastern. You could go a few miles west and be on central time though.

CRAP! LOL, at least the bars are open till 4am in Louisville, so I'll be out grabbing a nice craft, watching on my phone haha. Amazing how much the town of Louisville feels like an extension of Pittsburgh. Very similar vibes and interests. It's almost as if Pittsburgh had a section divided off that dedicated itself only to college sports, that would be Louisville...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille