Post-Game Talk: Penguins - Devils 2/10/12 - NJ Got To Our Game Edition

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
- Dan Bylsma. Nice timeout with 8 seconds left you douchenozzle.

- Malkin. Hey Geno, how bout scoring some goals at some point this year? I don't give a **** if Francois Leroux was on his wing, making 9 mil a year means you're supposed to be good in spite of other players.

- The dead weight on this team. They're all the same. No use calling them out separately. Kennedy, Cooke, Adams, Boychuk. And to a lesser extent Dupuis. They're all worthless.

- Orpik. Hey tough guy, how bout not letting someone set up and do their taxes in front of the goalie every night?

- Vokoun. Didn't think he played well.

+ Nothing

Doesn't seem to help Sid when Kunitz and Dupuis play like ***.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
before everyone jumps off the bandwagon, i just have to say this devils team is unreal. When they play like this no one can beat them.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
[/B]

A little bit of both. I hate the stretch passes, but I've also seen Dupuis and Kunitz exchange 5 footers through the neutral zone, and I hate that even more.

There's a ton of "He giveth, and he taketh away" wingers on this team.

Which one isn't?

Zatch88

Im stumbling spheres
Oct 20, 2011
Johnstown
definitely gotta give credit to the devils, they look pretty good right now. I just hate their style of hockey ugh.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
before everyone jumps off the bandwagon, i just have to say this devils team is unreal. When they play like this no one can beat them.

Perhaps, although you'll never know if you play into their hands.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
i'm just hoping Shero's wakes up from his coma and makes some sort of move...just bring in a veteran or something and change the culture in our room. A Guerin type of player

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
we have so much trouble just possessing the puck. No one tries to battle for pucks in the D zone, they let the other team win all the board battles.

stretch pass, dump, chase, stretch pass, dump, chase, repeat forever. sprinkle in a bunch of icings in there.

it looks like no one has any experience getting the puck through the neutral zone. Massive inability to set anything up in the offensive zone, even on a powerplay.

what is the issue here? is it coaching or do our players suck that bad?[/QUOTE]

We have 3 good offensive players. I'm not here to excuse the coaching, but the roster isn't impressive after those 3. It's funny people don't think we need wingers because we score so many regular season goals. No, wrong. Crosby, Malkin, and Neal score regular season goals. Then come playoff time, the other 9 sit there and watch and hope the same 3 players bail them out. Doesn't happen come playoff time, doesn't happen when you play playoff teams like the Devils who lock you down.

domaug*

Nov 27, 2011
Archbald, PA

i'd be more worried about the struggles your team is going through than a + - thread on the Pens board. just saying.

despite how poorly they're playing, i'd much rather be a Pens fan than a Flyers fan, because then i'd probably order a lynch mob to take out Fleury and Vokoun tonight.

nhindian

Jul 4, 2009
+ uhhhh... solid first period I guess.

- Malkin. Bad
- Sid. Please stop gaining the zone and pulling up to hit Dupuis with a pass he can't handle. Forcing plays on the PP AGAIN.
- Vokoun. Juicy rebounds, just like in his first start.
- Defense. Can't break out, can't clear the net.
- Boychuk. Didn't will Malkin into scoring and didn't get any A's from Malkin not capitalizing on his passes.
- Bylsma. Yeah.... about that TO...

= Neal, I guess. Another stupid penalty but another PP goal right?

Hobodrifter

Jan 23, 2009
Jeannette
i'm just hoping Shero's wakes up from his coma and makes some sort of move...just bring in a veteran or something and change the culture in our room. A Guerin type of player

I agree. Probably more practical than a desperation trade or coach firing some here are asking for.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Culture isn't going to change the players utter and compete inability to execute brilliantly constructed game plan when the other team prepares like it's playing a playoff hockey game.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
- Malkin. Hey Geno, how bout scoring some goals at some point this year? I don't give a **** if Francois Leroux was on his wing, making 9 mil a year means you're supposed to be good in spite of other players.

I thought he had a better game than Sid. The only time I noticed Crosby was when he got dumped near the end of the game. The goals will come for Geno, without a doubt.

nhindian

Jul 4, 2009
we have so much trouble just possessing the puck. No one tries to battle for pucks in the D zone, they let the other team win all the board battles.

stretch pass, dump, chase, stretch pass, dump, chase, repeat forever. sprinkle in a bunch of icings in there.

it looks like no one has any experience getting the puck through the neutral zone. Massive inability to set anything up in the offensive zone, even on a powerplay.

what is the issue here? is it coaching or do our players suck that bad?[/QUOTE]

We have 3 good offensive players. I'm not here to excuse the coaching, but the roster isn't impressive after those 3. It's funny people don't think we need wingers because we score so many regular season goals. No, wrong. Crosby, Malkin, and Neal score regular season goals. Then come playoff time, the other 9 sit there and watch and hope the same 3 players bail them out. Doesn't happen come playoff time, doesn't happen when you play playoff teams like the Devils who lock you down.

Yeah, Dupuis, Kunitz, and Cooke didn't do anything last year in the regular season

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I agree. Probably more practical than a desperation trade or coach firing some here are asking for.

Apparently also more practical than a trade to address issues that were obvious 10 months ago.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
You absolutely can not fall behind to that team. They'll trap you to death afterward and make for a really boring, crappy game. Crappy effort.

I actually thought the effort was better tonight but hardly matters if the result is the same. They're a better team than us right now, plain and simple. Bylsma has zero answers for them; he just plays right into their hands.

Dear Dan : If they don't "get to their game", it may be time to get to a new game.

+ Kitsune

we play the sens...that instills some hope for me

Now with 100% Less Spezza!

Hard to imagine they might be better than last year but... looking that way. Clarkson is huge for them though. If he gets hurt they're ****ed.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
i'd be more worried about the struggles your team is going through than a + - thread on the Pens board. just saying.

despite how poorly they're playing, i'd much rather be a Pens fan than a Flyers fan, because then i'd probably order a lynch mob to take out Fleury and Vokoun tonight.

im not trying to bring up the flyers at all. What im saying is that, this devils team is damn good. Nothing to be a shamed of losing to them.

Jahodac

Feb 12, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
This team can be so frustrating to watch at times. Hedberg played great today and the offense couldn't really set up many chances, let alone capitalize after the first period.

As far as Boychuk goes, I really like him, but he's too weak on the puck and can't capitalize on his chances. Maybe he needs one to get him going, but he's certainly not getting much trust from Malkin and Neal. Like everyone else, I said he wouldn't really amount to anything here and it looks like that's the case.

If Vitale is injured, throw Boychuk back on waivers so he can go back to Charlotte, throw Jeffrey on Malkin's wing and try Tangradi on the 3rd/4th line so he can develop into something and maybe help the powerplay.

Maybe we'll see Morrow next game, I really want to see what he can do. If he plays any bit as good as Despres, I would be ecstatic!

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011

4 good offensive players. Kunitz gets no respect around here but he's a 50 point 20 goal guy. He's a good player.

I agree with your post otherwise, but what are ya gonna do? The Pens are top heavy and that won't change unless Shero manages to fleece someone in a trade again and acquires one or more affordable 20 goal wingers.

There's no reason we shouldn't be able to dominate the league with the team we have. Devils are doing a lot more with a lot less.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Anybody else think that missing Letang and Niskanen might've negatively affected our ability to break up cycles and make quick, efficient transitions out of the zone?

No?

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I actually though the effort was better but hardly matters if the result is the same. They're a better team than us right now, plain and simple. Bylsma has zero answers for them; he just plays right into their hands.

+ Kitsune

Now with 100% Less Spezza!

Hard to imagine they might be better than last year but... looking that way. Clarkson is huge for them though. If he gets hurt they're ****ed.

I thought they were dead in the water this year without parise. As long as Lou is there that guy will find a way to put a competitive team on the ice.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
+ Bortuzzo the Honey Badger

+ This board has an ignore feature. Just started using it after a year and a half of posting ... went from 0 to quite a few in just two weeks time.

domaug*

Nov 27, 2011
Archbald, PA
im not trying to bring up the flyers at all. What im saying is that, this devils team is damn good. Nothing to be a shamed of losing to them.

and you refer to everyone as bandwagoners while propping up the Devils.

there was really no point for you to post in here anyway when you open up with "before everyone jumps off the bandwagon".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad