Penguins Biggest Draft Boom and Bust Since 2000

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I remember Ross Lupaschuk being scouted and hyped as what Letang has become into, if you can imagine that. Dude was a dud, the latter is a stud.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Man this article is ripe with hot takes. The LA / PHI nugget at the end insinuating Philly’s bottom bitch is LA is peak mid 2000s hockey writing.

I especially enjoyed the part where he goes hard after Avery who of course would end up a Ranger the very next season and then for the majority of his career.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
We lost Jagr for essentially nothing as fans; except that the team stayed until a new arena deal could be had, and we were so lousy at the right time that we were able to pick 2 consecutive generational players. I take that trade-off again 100 times out of 100.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
We lost Jagr for essentially nothing as fans; except that the team stayed until a new arena deal could be had, and we were so lousy at the right time that we were able to pick 2 consecutive generational players. I take that trade-off again 100 times out of 100.

If Jagr hung around or the Pens got a decent haul, I’m 99% sure they never get Malkin and Crosby.

I’ve said it on here a few times... but I remember that hopeless, bottom of the barrel feeling in 2002-04... all the talk of the Pens being gone... they were so god awful shitty on the ice...

I kept telling myself things could turn around and if they could just end up with good young players like Sykora/Elias or Hejduk/Drury I’d be so stoked.

I never imagined a Crosby/Malkin type scenario.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
If Jagr hung around or the Pens got a decent haul, I’m 99% sure they never get Malkin and Crosby.

I’ve said it on here a few times... but I remember that hopeless, bottom of the barrel feeling in 2002-04... all the talk of the Pens being gone... they were so god awful shitty on the ice...

I kept telling myself things could turn around and if they could just end up with good young players like Sykora/Elias or Hejduk/Drury I’d be so stoked.

I never imagined a Crosby/Malkin type scenario.

I stopped watching the Pens in 03-04.. bandwagoner..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad