Post-Game Talk: Penguins Beat Canadiens 1-0

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Really can't judge Morrow until we see him with Malkin and Neal. He made some tough plays along the board etc. Nothing special but the little things you expect were there.

I'm not saying it will end the way it did in 2009 winning the Cup but this team has the same feeling right now. It doesn't matter what the score is or what style of game it is, I never doubt they will win. They will simply find a way to get it done.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
- me for missing most of game

How did Morrow look?

Guy has a ton of heart.

BUT . . .

Like the sands though the hourglass, a shift for Geno skating with Morrow will feel like the days of his lives.

specialized

Jan 24, 2013
get more experience. He's still a rookie with a handful of nhl games to his resume. Plus, he just hasn't played a ton of hockey since turning pro. You don't rush this kid. You give him tastes for now & let him develop accordingly.
this

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Morrow looked fine imo. He was as advertised, threw hits, did the little things. He made one really nice pass to Neal in the 2nd that almost led to Neal scoring.

Was he super noticeable? No, but then nobody on our team was tonight.

I thought Morrow looked surprisingly comfortable with our system too for a guy having his first game with a new team.

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh
Buuuuuulllllllll****.

I can see why Bylsma hired you on as a coaching consultant. BB has played 19 NHL games. Before that, he played 35 AHL games (this season). Last year, he played a total of 10 games for Denver before turning pro. We are playing a team that has a chance to catch us for 1st overall in the conference, it's a 1 goal game & you want to put a rookie in a situation where his ****** up ratio is pretty high. Genius strategy there. I like the kid, but I'm not willing to put him in a position to fail & neither is the coaching staff. They are doing the exact same thing they did with Jagr when he was a rookie. He isn't ready for top 6 minutes yet...

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Really can't judge Morrow until we see him with Malkin and Neal. He made some tough plays along the board etc.

I'm not saying it will end the way it did in 2009 winning the Cup but this team has the same feeling right now. It doesn't matter what the score is or what style of game it is, I never doubt they will win. They will simply find a way to get it done.

True, the fact that this team is winning close and low scoring 1 goal games is promising

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Morrow played his game. He was feisty & did the dirty work. That's the kind of player he is.

Yep. He played a smart game, tough on the boards, drew a penalty. Pretty much what can be expected at this stage of his career.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
:D

I was hoping for a litttttttle more, but I'm holding off until he has a real center.

True . . . doesn't mean we can't have some fun in the meantime.

BTW, tonight did remind me of why Engo is best suited to be the Pens playoff #8.

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
? Not sure what this means.
I think it's a reference to Carrick, the schmuck doctor quack chiropractor with no medical degree who cures concussion symptoms by spinning patients around in a gyrosphere.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nfumass

Oct 2, 2004
Ma
Not the best of games, he went to the net but like most Stars fans warned us about he is dam slow

Oh he gets slower just wait and see, compared to the stars games I've seen he was fast tonight. Once the fire from getting traded to a new team wears off its gonna be fun seeing people make excuses for why we traded morrow for him

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Yep. He played a smart game, tough on the boards, drew a penalty. Pretty much what can be expected at this stage of his career.

Let's see how that and Neal mesh with Geno. Personally, I think a little more speed was required, but we'll see.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
TK did nothing wrong. Gionta pushed him into MAF.

Anyway, Neal has been sucking out loud lately. I think Godard might have been a better skater than him. He has a big frame but constantly gets knocked off the puck and knocked down in general. He needs Malkin.

Letang on the PP is just a disaster. For a guy which so much skill, he just doesn't get it on the PP.

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
I can see why Bylsma hired you on as a coaching consultant. BB has played 19 NHL games. Before that, he played 35 AHL games (this season). Last year, he played a total of 10 games for Denver before turning pro. We are playing a team that has a chance to catch us for 1st overall in the conference, it's a 1 goal game & you want to put a rookie in a situation where his ****** up ratio is pretty high. Genius strategy there. I like the kid, but I'm not willing to put him in a position to fail & neither is the coaching staff. They are doing the exact same thing they did with Jagr when he was a rookie. He isn't ready for top 6 minutes yet...
If BB isn't ready for top 6 minutes yet, then neither is James Neal.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
True . . . doesn't mean we can't have some fun in the meantime.

BTW, tonight did remind me of why Engo is best suited to be the Pens playoff #8.

AND Eaton needs to have a seat. I'm not saying permanently, but his penalty was dumb, and he's been progressively slower since he signed. Just a day in the press box. That's what he would do to Bort or Despres or ... well those two.

As for having fun, we need to now, because we're going to be too blinded by #12 on the top-line RW in a week to have fun with anything.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Oh he gets slower just wait and see, compared to the stars games I've seen he was fast tonight. Once the fire from getting traded to a new team wears off its gonna be fun seeing people make excuses for why we traded morrow for him

I don't care what he does in the regular season, we got him for the playoffs, and he's gonna be a physical monster then, mark my words.

Gary Roberts didn't do **** for us in the regular season, but when the playoffs got there...

B Morrow will be a playoff beast, trust me.

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh
Guy has a ton of heart.

BUT . . .

Like the sands though the hourglass, a shift for Geno skating with Morrow will feel like the days of his lives.

Guerin didn't exactly bring a ton of speed either & he worked out fine playing with Sid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad