Pre-Game Talk: Penguins at Islanders | Game 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
"This is a battle, we knew it was going to be a battle, this is fun, I am comfortable playing left wing and in our system and breakouts either side is fine..."

**** . . . I need to clean my shoes after just READING that bull****. :shakehead

TheFlightlessBird

May 29, 2009
"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change....."

The story of my life when it comes to this team.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
If I hear "this is a battle" one more time, I might be joining IcedCapp in his Ovy wearing streak fest.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
What do you want him to do . . . tell the truth?

Well, 'Dan Bylsma is a jack***' from Iginla would make for an eventful 24 hours . . . perhaps too eventful. :laugh:

That would definitely take it too far even if it is true :laugh:

As for this battle garbage, its really not, its only a battle if both sides are playing well and physical...only one is so far..

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I see a bunch of great parts but not a team. Someone needs to step up and be a leader.

And I'm not talking about playing like a bunch of over active Pejorative Slurs that go around cheapshoting. Calm it down, play with in the system and play safe. Its the running around loosy goosy crap that's killing the team. That was supposed to be a thing of the past.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Does anybody else think the Pens should just trap the rest of the series!?!?

Til the End of Time

May 18, 2003
Santa Monica, CA
Visit site
i honestly have no idea what to expect tomorrow.

im fairly certain bylsma has worn out his welcome here, and should be gone soon.

but fleury's terrible play obscures the situation to such a huge degree. i cant if the back breaking goals he let in have this team playing like crap, or this team is playing like crap by themselves with an equally terrible goalie. i just dont know. when your goalie is historically bad, it muddles the whole situation. its so hard to get a read on the rest of the team.

i just have no idea what to expect tomorrow. this team could be great or we might see the same garbage playoff hockey that's been going on for years.

the suspense is terrible. i hope it will NOT last. i wish the game was tonight so i could stop worrying about this.

zero8771

Jun 15, 2012
I really don't know what to expect either. I still think this team is very capable of a deep run. They are 2-2. 3 game series with Pens on home ice.

Winner of tomorrow takes the next two IMO

Saku11

Jan 25, 2010
Letang is a bit of a dick.Crosschecking that linesmen and all.Idiot.Please crosscheck and cheapshot Isles players if the Pens lose but leave the refs alone.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I see a bunch of great parts but not a team. Someone needs to step up and be a leader.

And I'm not talking about playing like a bunch of over active Pejorative Slurs that go around cheapshoting. Calm it down, play with in the system and play safe. Its the running around loosy goosy crap that's killing the team. That was supposed to be a thing of the past.

A leader you seek? A leader?

The Danny B to playoff war is gone,
In stretch pass death you'll find him;
His game plan he has girded on,
And his adjustments left behind him;
"Chip and chase!" said the crony bard,
"Though all five of them shall you go thee,
One stretch, at least, thy breakout shall lard,
One turnover but we shall praise thee!"

The Danny B fell! But to the players the blame
He could not bring his proud soul under;
The plan he loved had failed again,
For he spoke from his chords asunder;
And said "No execution shall sully thee,
For get to our game, our truest bravery!
Thy outlets by my plan were made pure and free
No idea why we ended in possession slavery!"

The Danny B will return we play
When we hear the Fleury news we will cheer it,
The Danny B will return one day,
Fleury out but no change in spirit.
Then may he get to his game in peace,
In a video world such as he intended,
For all the bitterness of fans must cease,
And in defeat another playoff battle ended.

Brownie points to whoever can name that tune. ;)

Random Oracle

Aug 3, 2005
Hopefully the PP tomorrow is better.

Our inability to capitalize on 5 on 3's is a real blow to our momentum. You can't just piss these PP chances away.

The Pens have had two 5-on-3s in this series and have scored essentially on both. In the first game, the goal came right as the first penalty expired.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

im fairly certain bylsma has worn out his welcome here, and should be gone soon.

but fleury's terrible play obscures the situation to such a huge degree.
i cant if the back breaking goals he let in have this team playing like crap, or this team is playing like crap by themselves with an equally terrible goalie. i just dont know. when your goalie is historically bad, it muddles the whole situation. its so hard to get a read on the rest of the team.

i just have no idea what to expect tomorrow. this team could be great or we might see the same garbage playoff hockey that's been going on for years.

the suspense is terrible. i hope it will NOT last. i wish the game was tonight so i could stop worrying about this.

I noted the same thing last night. Fleury's level of sucktitude obscured all the other sucktitude last night.

Homerocks

Mar 24, 2013

but fleury's terrible play obscures the situation to such a huge degree. i cant if the back breaking goals he let in have this team playing like crap, or this team is playing like crap by themselves with an equally terrible goalie. i just dont know. when your goalie is historically bad, it muddles the whole situation. its so hard to get a read on the rest of the team.

I'd like to believe that having any other tender in net will allow the boys to play with confidence, which could get them to their game.

There's no way a team can play well when they're worried that any puck that comes within a foot of the crease from any direction has a pretty significant chance of ending up in the net. :shakehead

zero8771

Jun 15, 2012
I take consolation in the fact the pens will have either started their next series by Wednesday or DB will be fire by Wednesday :handclap::yo:

spcastlemagic

Jul 3, 2006
Does anybody else think the Pens should just trap the rest of the series!?!?

I've been saying this since midway through game 3. I worry about our ability to adapt but can a poorly implemented system be any worse than what we are doing now?

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I noted the same thing last night. Fleury's level of sucktitude obscured all the other sucktitude last night.

It still didn't for me. Isles were still controlling the play. We dumped it in all game...and couldn't keep it in, while they would skate it in...and keep it in. Sloppy....blind passes leading to turnovers. Eventually becoming nervous in our own zone trying to chip the puck out ...giving it right to the isles. Fleury sucked yeah...and we still could have won despite all if that( same as last year against Philly...no matter the rest....if fleury didn't suck so bad we still could have escaped) but the team is still doing the same ****.

Like I said last night right after the game, all we can hope for is vokoun gets the start and the guy takes advantage of the best opportunity in his career.

Our luck though he will play great but we lose 2-1 :laugh:

And yes I know you are aware of all of this, but I wanted to say it again. Good therapy

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I take consolation in the fact the pens will have either started their next series by Wednesday or DB will be fire by Wednesday :handclap::yo:

Much as I'd like to see the latter, even I would prefer the former.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
It still didn't for me. Isles were still controlling the play. We dumped if in all game...and couldn't keep it in, while they would skate it in...and keep it in. Sloppy....blind passes leading to turnovers. Eventually becoming nervous in our own zone trying to chip the puck out ...giving it right to the isles. Fleury sucked yeah...and we still could have won despite all if that( same as last year against Philly...no matter the rest....if fleury didn't suck so bad we still could have escaped) but the team is still doing the same ****.

Like I said last night right after the game, all we can hope for is vokoun gets the start and the guy takes advantage of the best opportunity in his career.

Our luck though he will play great but we lose 2-1 :laugh:

And yes I know you are aware of all of this, but I wanted to say it again. Good therapy

No disagreement here with any of that. I trust that you know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad