Pre-Game Talk: Penguins at Islanders | Game 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

spcastlemagic

Jul 3, 2006
We are going to learn a lot about the players the Penguins have over the next three games. If they can't get to playing in a respectable manner and give us duds like the previous three games, I don't see why it's worthwhile to keep this "core" intact.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
If the result is still the same with Vokoun and the players can't cut out the stupid penalties and can't focus on playing better and on winning then I don't see all of these players being here next year. A mini-rebuild I think would then take place.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
If the result is still the same with Vokoun and the players can't cut out the stupid penalties and can't focus on playing better and on winning then I don't see all of these players being here next year. A mini-rebuild I think would then take place.

The first move is the longest overdue: Firing the coach.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Feeling good about this one. First real goalie coming into this series. Let´s jump on them early. Now the series goes really frequent and Isles may start to be a little tired and lose some speed, which should favor us.

MacDonald is a key for them, huge loss. If we aren´t able to exploit a defense with guys like Strait, Carkner and Hickey then I really don´t know..

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Hopefully the PP tomorrow is better.

Our inability to capitalize on 5 on 3's is a real blow to our momentum. You can't just piss these PP chances away.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I'd be in favor of a dancing monkey at this point.

Ask and you shall receive . . .

:m-dance:

EDIT: Dancing Monkey says . . .

Vokoun in net.

Short passes, puck support, no more stretch or death

Dupuis-Crosby-Iginla
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Morrow-Jokinen-Bennett
Cooke-Sutter-Vitale

Despres-Letang
Orpik-Martin
Murray-Niskanen

Ergo, Dancing Monkey > Bylsma

spcastlemagic

Jul 3, 2006

Our inability to capitalize on 5 on 3's is a real blow to our momentum. You can't just piss these PP chances away.

We scored on both parts of the 5 on 3 on Sunday. We need more of that.

Sick profile pic by the way even though I'm more of an Individual Thought Patterns guy.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013

We scored on the 5 on 3 Saturday. We had two powerplays yesterday, one was fantastic, but nothing went in, and the other was abysmal.

Regardless, our 40% PP efficiency is the least of our problems.

zero8771

Jun 15, 2012
I just want the penguins to win 2 of the next 3 so I can watch at least 4 more penguins games after that! I'm a simple guy, i just like my entertainment

SteelFish87*

What do you mean??

watch it on the pens website, i agree he sounds full of it

hope Bennett and Kennedy are inserted into the lineup. sit Glass already, he brings nothing. I would also sit Morrow who has done nothing and is a liability out there

shizno*

Feb 28, 2012
A good performance from the team for the first time in 3 games would be nice. A good performance from the crowd for the first time in...forever would be nice too!

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
watch it on the pens website, i agree he sounds full of it

hope Bennett and Kennedy are inserted into the lineup. sit Glass already, he brings nothing. I would also sit Morrow who has done nothing and is a liability out there

He sounds a bit too happy considering how we've played...and he's avoiding questions quite a bit, especially the LW/RW thing

zero8771

Jun 15, 2012
A good performance from the team for the first time in 3 games would be nice. A good performance from the crowd for the first time in...forever would be nice too!

Crowd was great in Game 1. Can't use the TV broadcast to judge

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
He sounds a bit too happy considering how we've played...and he's avoiding questions quite a bit, especially the LW/RW thing

What do you want him to do . . . tell the truth?

Well, 'Dan Bylsma is a jack***' from Iginla would make for an eventful 24 hours . . . perhaps too eventful. :laugh:

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
Thank God that Vokoun's starting tomorrow, and that Bylsma let us all out of our misery by announcing it today. Maybe he didn't want an angry mob with pitchforks and torches outside his house?

Now that Vokoun is starting, what are we going to complain about for the next day? Iggy on the left wing? The D? Undisciplined penalties? Speed (or lack thereof)?

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Oh I know our PP is somewhat clicking, it's just the fact that had we capitalized say last night, we probably would have won.

We fail to take advantage of the PP, it gives them momentum...they score.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Thank God that Vokoun's starting tomorrow, and that Bylsma let us all out of our misery by announcing it today. Maybe he didn't want an angry mob with pitchforks and torches outside his house?

Now that Vokoun is starting, what are we going to complain about for the next day? Iggy on the left wing? The D? Undisciplined penalties? Speed (or lack thereof)?

I'll stick to the coach being a moron (Iggy on LW gets filed under that heading). :pullhair:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad