Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
:pens

Gustav Nyquist (50% retained)

:wings

2019 1st round pick
2020 2nd round pick (Conditional pick if Nyquist re-signs in Pittsburgh)
I’ve always liked Nyquist and would’ve liked to see the Pens try a move for him a couple of years ago. But I’d have to see what the Pens can recoup for Brassard before turning around and expending a first+ on him.

Plus, he’d probably be one and done. I doubt he would be able to stay given what he’d get on the market

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
I have to chuckle at posts like these. The “factions” on these boards like to claim exclusive knowledge of their favorite teams as no one else can possibly have any insight. In this day an age anyone can be an “expert” on any team.
From what came out of his mouth, its easy to tell he's not exactly an expert on our team. But keep chuckling.

Reactions: domaug and 3074326

Apr 9, 2009
USA
From what came out of his mouth, its easy to tell he's not exactly an expert on our team. But keep chuckling.

Someone else in the thread was saying the Pens should trade Malkin to avoid future mediocrity. That's right - let's end our cup window and start/lengthen our mediocrity window.

Pretty easy to see why people assume others don't have any clue based on this thread alone.

Reactions: Son Goku

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
Someone else in the thread was saying the Pens should trade Malkin to avoid future mediocrity. That's right - let's end our cup window and start/lengthen our mediocrity window.

Pretty easy to see why people assume others don't have any clue based on this thread alone.
I can understand that there's 30 teams in the league and its impossible to keep up on every single one of them but jeez.. at least try not to come off like you know more than actual Pittsburgh fans do. As for the Malkin thing that's ridiculous as well. But he always gets disrespected, guy's the 3rd best player in our franchise's history and has been one of if not THE key component in 3 stanley cups.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Just for fun, what would the Pens offer for a combo of Ja. Benn and R. Faksa?

I wouldn't pursue Benn, but I'd love to get a hold of Faksa somehow. I can't imagine the Penguins have the assets for him though. I don't think the Penguins can offer anything outside of Brassard that the Stars don't already have, unless they have a higher view of Simon than I do.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Tell me what position the depth is poor? I will gladly debate the position and compare it to other top 10 teams. You can’t make a claim with no facts to back it up. Give me the teams that have all this better depth. What team has the perfect player at every position? Who on the Pens is not capable to handle the spots they are playing and are so different from other teams that don’t have the perfect guy for the position. Let’s go one by one and you make your case.

Center: Crosby, Malkin, Brassard, Cullen, Sheahan (recently traded Grant because we had no room for him and he wouldn’t pass waivers)

Winger: Kessel, Guentzel, Hornqvist, Rust, Pearson, Simon, Aston-Reese, and Sheahan used as 8th winger because no room at Center.

Defense: Letang, Dumoulin, Schultz, Maatta, Pettersson, Johnson, Riikola, and Rhuwedel (we just traded Oleksiak because we had no room for him)

Goalie: Murray, DeSmith

Make your case of this depth problem. Not only do Pens have top end players at each position they also don’t have any real weakness. As far as your claim if we didn’t have a depth problem we would run away with it is nonsense. It is a long season and the only thing that matters to the Pens players is the playoffs. They won 2 of the last 3 Cups and last year lost in OT to the eventual Cup winner while starting goalie not playing up to abilities. I think they have shown they have been elite each year. Pens have never been a regular season juggernaut and save best when it counts. I don’t think any team would want to face the Pens 1st round.

Pens chocked against the Caps last playoffs or was it depth problems? :laugh:

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Just for fun, what would the Pens offer for a combo of Ja. Benn and R. Faksa?
They’d have to move a monumental amount of cap to make that work.

Just for fun? Kessel would have to be in there, Brassard obviously, but obviously that wouldn’t be a base that would entice Dallas at this point. Pens futures are thin at this point.

I suppose Maatta could be involved, but again, I don’t see what motivates Dallas to move Benn for what Pitt has got. It would have to be a lateral swap of pricey wingers.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018

When your entire 2nd line is injured, your 3C is injured and your 1Dman is recovering from a serious injury, you’re going to have a bad time.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
1 Goal away from forcing a game 7 with our 1D out, and damn near the entire middle six injured in some fashion... You call that a choke? Man your savagery upon your own team and their endless failures much have been torture as a fan. What do you call that closing series blow out in 09' of your team? Assuming you are actually a Caps fan and not just a troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad