Friedman: Penguins among teams ready to make a trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disgraced Cosmonaut

Oct 26, 2002
Visit site
Pens are meh at best. Their wingers arent world beaters outside of kessel (Pearson and Rust aren't top 6 wingers), and their defense is mediocre and being carried by letang. This team has Crosby and Malkin, but they can't compete with the depth of teams such as Tampa or Columbus or even Toronto. They probably belong as a 7th or 8th seed at this point, and their prospect pool is absolutely bare. It's gonna be very painful in a few years.
If, and it’s a BIG IF, they are the 8 seed, they’d be the only 8 that can hang w TB.

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
Pens are meh at best. Their wingers arent world beaters outside of kessel (Pearson and Rust aren't top 6 wingers), and their defense is mediocre and being carried by letang. This team has Crosby and Malkin, but they can't compete with the depth of teams such as Tampa or Columbus or even Toronto. They probably belong as a 7th or 8th seed at this point, and their prospect pool is absolutely bare. It's gonna be very painful in a few years.
Deep analysis :laugh: you should stop before its too late.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Thank you, Nostradamus.

What? Oh no, they are amazing right now and will win many more cups. I'm not as high on them as others because they have nothing in the pipeline. Yeah, they could rocket up the standings, but I don't see them as unstoppable as they were a few years ago. Most of their players are nearly the end of their primes and will be declining soon. Hell, malkin has had a pretty poor year by his standards, no?

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
What? Oh no, they are amazing right now and will win many more cups. I'm not as high on them as others because they have nothing in the pipeline. Yeah, they could rocket up the standings, but I don't see them as unstoppable as they were a few years ago. Most of their players are nearly the end of their primes and will be declining soon. Hell, malkin has had a pretty poor year by his standards, no?
Malkin is over PPG, Crosby is well over PPG and has been getting some hype around maybe winning the selke, and Letang is one of the top names in the running for the norris. We dont have to worry but thanks for your concerm.

Tweed

Jun 25, 2006

PG3B.jpg

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Malkin is over PPG, Crosby is well over PPG and has been getting some hype around maybe winning the selke, and Letang is one of the top names in the running for the norris. We dont have to worry but thanks for your concerm.

Lol at Crosby for selke and letang for the Norris. Anyway, I don't know why you seem so laid back considering buffalo is 2 pts back of you and Carolina is 4 pts from the wildcard. I don't think either of them catch you guys, but that doesn't mean it's all good considering there is virtually no margin for error at this point. Crosby and malkin are excellent, but wtf happens when those two start to decline even a little bit? Didn't take Chicago and Los Angeles long to fall off a cliff.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Crosby winning the Selke is a Pittsburgh media pipe dream.

He's a generational player. He's not the best defensive forward in the league.

Reactions: Casanova

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
Lol at Crosby for selke and letang for the Norris. Anyway, I don't know why you seem so laid back considering buffalo is 2 pts back of you and Carolina is 4 pts from the wildcard. I don't think either of them catch you guys, but that doesn't mean it's all good considering there is virtually no margin for error at this point. Crosby and malkin are excellent, but wtf happens when those two start to decline even a little bit? Didn't take Chicago and Los Angeles long to fall off a cliff.
Laugh at all you'd like. Nobody really cares about your opinion. Quit pretending like you know our team when you don't.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Laugh at all you'd like. Nobody really cares about your opinion. Quit pretending like you know our team when you don't.

Your acting very confrontational for someone who doesn't care. Anyway, I've watched them more than a few times, and have a certain bandwagon relative who can never not bring up the pens in a conversation, so I know more about the pens compared to any other metro team. If you think they haven't been inconsistent and disinterested at times this year, then you are either blind or a liar. The jersey game is a perfect example of that, and I'll be sure to watch how they deal with Tampa tonight. Anyway, if you have an issue with this discussion, stop replying or block me.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015

Clearly you don't know jack shit if you think Letang for Norris is lol worthy.

He's been the best Dman this year with Gio.

Reactions: Turin

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Crosby winning the Selke is a Pittsburgh media pipe dream.

He's a generational player. He's not the best defensive forward in the league.

Thats true for every year except this. Hes just been outstanding Defensively. He should be in contention.

You're mostlt right though, Crosby has been overrated Defensively most his career. He was horrible last season, lazy all reg season.

Most his career he's just a bit above average.

Reactions: Casanova

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Clearly you don't know jack **** if you think Letang for Norris is lol worthy.

He's been the best Dman this year with Gio.

He's had a great year, but he isn't gonna be in the running. Guess you didn't read the hockey association list, because he wasn't on it lol.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Only problem is that the Pens won't give up the players the Canes could use and their prospect pool doesn't have the assets we'd want either. I'd say, if Carolina moved Ferland for futures, maybe something around their 2019 1st and Hallander. Not sure if that would get it done. Plus, if the Canes did sneak into the post-season, I'd hate to face Ferland in the post-season.

I really hope JR isn't drunk enough to give that up for a physical middle-6 forward, anyone who gives up that much for Ferland deserves to be fired immediately

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005

Because all 3 Seasons we won the Cup we had been in th same situation. We all no Pens will turn it on like they always do. How about you just worry about your own team. Thanks for the concern.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Because all 3 Seasons we won the Cup we had been in th same situation. We all no Pens will turn it on like they always do. How about you just worry about your own team. Thanks for the concern.

Flames are just fine. No need to be condescending because I have my own opinion.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica

I have to chuckle at posts like these. The “factions” on these boards like to claim exclusive knowledge of their favorite teams as no one else can possibly have any insight. In this day an age anyone can be an “expert” on any team.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Just for fun, what would the Pens offer for a combo of Ja. Benn and R. Faksa?

Not even sure how to get that to work. Im one of the pens fans that don't want to give up Phil but he would likely need to be part of it. He a stud when it matters and on a solid contract still putting up great numbers.

Alot of our fans are spoiled and I can't think of any team in the league thats wouldn't want Kessel.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
To that point I'm also not as low as most on JJ as most fans are on our team. I mean he leads the team in blocks. He could be much worse.

Always gotta have whipping boys

exporta

Jul 30, 2005
Pens problem is depth and they could use some cheap ELC where the players provides value.

- They have traded their 1st in 4 drafts in a row. Will this year make it 5?
- Look at what they have to show for their prospect pool since they drafted Crosby? Good luck following that trail. Like the Blackhawks, they are in desperate need of top prospects who can be top of the line-up players.

I guess they won back to back cups so the pain today is worth it. Can Crosby and Malkin lead them into another deep playoff run? It's very possible and I never will bet against Crosby ever again.

You won two cups, the pain is far more than worth it. This is insulting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad