Confirmed with Link: Penguins acquire Ron Hainsey (50% retained) from Carolina for a 2nd and Kristo

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Hainsey's being interviewed on NHL Network (it might have been taped earlier), and he has got to be one of the most laid-back and media-savvy players I've ever heard.

Is there a link to catch this interview? I've liked Hainsey back on the Jackets/Thrashers years, different guy now with his production but he always seemed like a good team mate and leader.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I sell things successfully for a living. Nobody has and nobody will ever dictate the price of what I have to sell.

That is pretty much true for any decent sales guy. JR is a buyer, not a seller. The seller dictates.

Really? I bet if you competition opens to your left and to your right and they drop a comparable product at 25% off, it will most definitely dictate your price.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
If he changes his prices in that situation, it's in response to other sellers, not the buyer. It's a bad analogy.

to be fair, he said nobody dictates his prices, not that buyers don't dictate his prices. I assume he means no individual though.

He also probably doesn't sell things in a closed system like the NHL, so it's probably a bad analogy to begin with. But maybe I guess.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
I was very vocal about not wanting this trade, but man, I will not get on him if he sucks tonight. New team with a decimated defense with your first game being outdoors... yikes. If he doesn't get hurt or end up a minus 6 I'll call it a success.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
I was very vocal about not wanting this trade, but man, I will not get on him if he sucks tonight. New team with a decimated defense with your first game being outdoors... yikes. If he doesn't get hurt or end up a minus 6 I'll call it a success.

He didn't suck at all. Transitioned nicely being his first game as a Penguin.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I like how someone put it in the PGT.
He's LJ but smoother.
LJ is fast paced and erratic at times.
Hainsey is a little slower but more methodical.

Like i said after watching him some after being acquired, if he can up his pace/intensity a little bit, he'll do just fine.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
Need to give him 15 games before you can pass a real judgement.

He was 50% CF and 100% GF (+1) in the PHI game. Who was he paired with most? I couldn't follow the game at all due to the insane camera work. I could barely even follow the play, rather the line combos.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
Need to give him 15 games before you can pass a real judgement.

He was 50% CF and 100% GF (+1) in the PHI game. Who was he paired with most? I couldn't follow the game at all due to the insane camera work. I could barely even follow the play, rather the line combos.

him and dumo were the pairing

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
him and dumo were the pairing

Well considering that, he did FANTASTIC then. If they can somehow get positive play from Dumo's pairing while also separating him from Letang, then Hainsey was a perfect pickup. It's tough to use a PHI outdoor game as a benchmark.

I would not expect that pairing to continue it's success though, but maybe it turns into a Gill/Scuderi pairing where the sum is exponentially more than the parts. I do believe that Letang MUST be separated from Dumo if he is to elevate his play to a #1D level again.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Hainsey does seem like a really good locker room guy. A guy who can keep the room loose. With his personality, it's sort of shocking he hasn't found his way into the playoffs in his career because guys like him seem to be prime trade bait to contenders, and he's always sort of played for garbage teams.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Well considering that, he did FANTASTIC then. If they can somehow get positive play from Dumo's pairing while also separating him from Letang, then Hainsey was a perfect pickup. It's tough to use a PHI outdoor game as a benchmark.

I would not expect that pairing to continue it's success though, but maybe it turns into a Gill/Scuderi pairing where the sum is exponentially more than the parts. I do believe that Letang MUST be separated from Dumo if he is to elevate his play to a #1D level again.

Yeah, it MUST have been Dumo causing Letang to pass the puck to the opposition at our blue line for the last few months, even when he was out.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

Letang is playing like a turd all on his own.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
He didn't suck at all. Transitioned nicely being his first game as a Penguin.

He played 21:08 and I barely noticed him. I consider this a good thing for the type of player he is. 1 shot, 4 hits, 1 block, and +1. I have zero complaints about his debut performance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad