Confirmed with Link: Penguins acquire defenseman Blake Siebenaler for a conditional 7th round pick

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
From the Pens point of view, sure, why not? He at least sounds like the type of D-men they should be targeting. He's still young enough to put it together and it's not like WBS is busting at the seems with quality defensemen prospects.

Don't understand how it benefits CBJ at all unless a roster spot is needed.
Because they don’t like or want him.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
They dislike him so much they don't even want him on their roster 2/3rds of the way into the season? Why not just finish the season out and then let him walk this offseason? Even if the chances he figures it out are remote, why just give him to your rival? It doesn't make any sense to me unless like I said they need a roster spot for something else.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
From the Pens point of view, sure, why not? He at least sounds like the type of D-men they should be targeting. He's still young enough to put it together and it's not like WBS is busting at the seems with quality defensemen prospects.

Don't understand how it benefits CBJ at all unless a roster spot is needed.
It has to be for flexibility. I think CBJ was at 48 contracts, leaving only 2 slots left. That's a little tight if they want to make any moves at the deadline. Could be rentals, or it could be deals involving Panarin or Bob that might bring back multiple players.

I imagine they were considering not qualifying him this Summer anyway.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Apr 9, 2009
USA
The CBJ do it because the trade gives them flexibility and a possible return for someone they were probably going to let go for nothing. Win/win for them. And the Pens get a dman for WBS they'll likely pay nothing for. Also a win.

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
maxresdefault.jpg

Blake Siebenaler can join this law firm in Pittsburgh after he playing days are over.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009

When a rival team makes a trade with you for a conditional 7th round pick you know that's gotz to be a good player.

(But seriously, Columbus' view of him must be sub-dirt as even an AHL player.)

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I'm more envious of how flexy sticks are these days. Damn kids have it easy. A nice Sherwood 5030 would barely flex that much with all your weight on it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad