Confirmed with Link: Penguins acquire D Douglas Murray from Sharks for 2013 2nd, 2014 conditional 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
Shero brilliantly driving up prices at the deadline. He's flaunting the rules of capitalism and playing the market like a violin. The Penguins are going for the Cup and full communism.

Sotty

Nov 1, 2004
Westfalen
Its funny that everyone (or most people) were getting all pissed off if Shero didn't make any moves and holds back. He goes out and lands a top 9 forward and a decent big bodied d-man and its overpayment. Cant have it both ways close to the trade deadline guys

This. People always complain that the scouts don't get anything of worth out of the 2nd rounders and now they cry because Shero uses them to enhance the team.
Shero might get back a 2nd or 3rd for Kennedy if trades him. Just wait how everything plays out before you start whining about everything.

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
images

SeventyOne

"71" & "Kuhnhackl"
Mar 30, 2009
Wheeling, WV
Some of you people I swear. We get 2 vets that will be great for the playoffs, did not give up a roster player, still have unbelievable defensive depth with our prospects, and still have our 1st rounder and two 3rd rounders.

Unreal, some of you.

sf expat71

Nov 10, 2008
Atlantic Ocean
I wonder if this means the Sharks are going to be sellers this season, for a big rebuild. Although the douggernaut wasn't my first choice from them, I wouldn't have minded getting some of their other vets...

PensFan68

May 6, 2003
Pittsburgh
Visit site
Some of you people I swear. We get 2 vets that will be great for the playoffs, did not give up a roster player, still have unbelievable defensive depth with our prospects, and still have our 1st rounder and two 3rd rounders.

Unreal, some of you.

:handclap: Oh so true. Glad I'm not the only one thinking clearly.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 1m

The Sharks got two second round picks but the second pick is conditional if Murray doesn't re-sign with Pens. #NHL

Don't re-sign him, Ray.

I've seen a lot of Sharks games this year. Murray isn't someone who should be playing 15 minutes a night on any team at this point. He's not just bad, he's a ******* liability. Sharks fans would have been happy to get a 7th rounder for him.

I defend the Morrow deal, but this one is indefensible. This board is going to hate Murray.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Ok, yesterday was bad. But this takes the price. Murray aint even worth ONE 2nd round pick, let alone 2. This is an insane overpayment.

And do i even have to name the fact that thios years draft have 1st round talent through the first TWO rounds. and now we doesnt even have a 2nd rounder. Thanks ray!

That cost could have gotten us Klesla whos 3 times the player Murray is. Whats wrong with Shero??

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Pretty much. And again this is the only place I'm seeing anything negative. :laugh:

There's a really good reason for that. Look at the people who are saying things positive about both trades. They are basing it off of the names Brenden Morrow and Douglas Murray, and what those players have done in the past, and not what they are doing in the present. I see people talking about grit and hits and all this for Morrow, and posting youtube clip highlights from 2-5 years ago. That's not the guy they got. Same with Murray.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Eaton has been doing a phenomenal job. I do not see how they scratch him right now for Murray. Something tells me the trades aren't over yet... and I don't think I'm going to like them.

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
there's a bar called Jack's. it sits across from a Foster's Freeze on the outskirts of Japantown, about two and half miles from HP Pavilion. there's a karaoke joint around the way, where i once preformed the worst rendition of 'Take Me to the River' known to man. i watched the Shark's playoff game against the Blues there with my best friend in the world. he'd just returned to the area after spending two years in Japan. i was drinking Buffalo Trace neat, he'd opted for the Bulleit. there's very little i remember from the rest of the night, but seared in my mind is the image of ol' crankshaft (hey guys, that's his nickname!!!) covering the backdoor on the PK, moving so damn slow as to bring to mind Doom2 lagging on your father's computer circa 1996. i think it was Andy Macdonald who scored on a shot that the whole of the bar's patronage knew was going in.

why even complain? the last two days have revealed that i know nothing about hocket.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Wow... that seems... a little steep for a banger. A conditional pick would make sense except... why would the Pens want to sign Murray long term with their stable of D coming up. And where is Bortuzzo going?

I still think we're not done because we still need to clear roster space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad