Confirmed with Link: Penguins acquire D Douglas Murray from Sharks for 2013 2nd, 2014 conditional 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
pickS!?

wtf. i just told my brother i would be angry if he cost us more than ONE pick, hes worth a 3rd, tops!

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
not sure how I feel about giving up so many picks this year w/ such a good class

also, it was nice seeing Des and Beau while it lasted. Enjoy the pressbox or WBS guys.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
If Murray comes for just picks, that gives us 25 roster players. Trevor Smith will head back to W/B-S, and Letang can go on IR for now. But then what?

Malkin and Letang off IR will require two roster moves. Waiving Bortuzzo??? Bennett and Despres back to W/B-S?

I'm curious. I like Murray and I think he fills a void, but a second and third rounder? Two seconds? That sounds outrageous.

AgentM

Jan 4, 2008
Allison Park, PA
WTF I just came on here to see what stage of mourning we were in for the Morrow/Morrow trade so that I could dress accordingly and I find this!

Well we have hopefully become much tougher (and hopefully not too much slower) on the ice :laugh:

Sotty

Nov 1, 2004
Westfalen
Good things happened the last time the Pens traded for a swedish defenseman and another teams captain wearing #10. ;)

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Knowing Bylsma, this deal might actually be the final nail in Despres' coffin (ie. relegated to the press box permanently).

I mean, who else is Bylsma going to sit? Letang, Niskanen, Martin, Orpik, Eaton, Engelland and now Murray. That's 7 veteran defensemen.

Better not be. I was excited about this trade, but on the main board they are all saying he's a pilon. Last thing we need is Brooks Orpik V 2.

alcanalz

whys and wherefores
Nov 3, 2009
I'd like the trade more if we didn't have so many defencemen.

Murray's a beast and the kind of guy we needed but now we have a logjam, and Bylsma loves Eaton too much to sit him so now what happens to Despres? It's a tragedy if he gets sent down but it looks like that's how it'll be. Poor Bort too, been solid.

I think we have to be trading a body soon. Eaton / Bort / maybe even Engo, although unlikely.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Better not be. I was excited about this trade, but on the main board they are all saying he's a pilon. Last thing we need is Brooks Orpik V 2.

Murray wishes he could skate half as well as Orpik.

I really don't know what is going on in Shero's head right now. Only logical explanation is that he's a Flyers sleeper agent.

Hottubber

Feb 9, 2010
Its funny that everyone (or most people) were getting all pissed off if Shero didn't make any moves and holds back. He goes out and lands a top 9 forward and a decent big bodied d-man and its overpayment. Cant have it both ways close to the trade deadline guys

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Wow, did we overpay. Jesus. Shero's on the hot seat. Upper management has told him so. ONLY thing that makes sense.

Panic in Pittsburgh, man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad