Post-Game Talk: Penguins 8, Flyers 5 - Jake says . . . IT'S OVAAAH! (Guentzel mic'd up post #663)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Was really pulling for Jake to get 5. Who was the last player to get 5 in a playoff game?

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
Hope Hags is ok.

Sweet justice that the missed trip led to essentially the Game winner.

They really poured it on once there was blood in the water. PK was solid, bailed them out of some selfish penalties.

Now give me some salty Philly interviews in the form of an IV bag.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Well... they got it done...

+ Guentzel obvi
+ Crosby for supporting Jake
+ Sheahan stupid clearing fail aside
+ Maatta thank god one of them wasn’t drunk
+ Murray on that PK
+ Sheary looked dangerous again but eventually they have to start going in
+ Hornqvist made up for that turnover

= Kessel was a f***ing rollercoaster

- L4. Rowney sucks and ZAR has had a brutal series... they dragged down Kuhnhackl
- Sullivan with his decisions around L4
- Murray for the rest of the time
- whatever the other defensemen were on. Letang was a f***wit, Ruhwedel was panicky, Dumoulin caught the letangs, etc.
- Rust has had an under the radar bad series

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
We got some calls especially the Letang trip, but we can’t screw over that troglodyte organization enough. Great win!

Did they? Separate the emotions of that moment and it creating a scoring chance, did the Flyer not literally jump into the air from a one-handed flail at the puck?

I've seen that replay multiple times and I can't understand how the applied force of Letang's stick could've possibly sent a 200+ pound literally jumping into the air without it being a dive. Would love a logical argument otherwise but I'm not expecting one.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
Letang's 10 cent brain finally pays off. What player comes out of the box after taking the dumbest penalty of the year... and goes to commit another dumb penalty? That should have been called. Even though Couturier embellished... if that were a Penguins player tripped i would have broke my TV.

Yep, pretty obvious call. However, we've been on the receiving end often enough of "playoff refereeing/letting the players decide it" calls. It's dumb, but that's what NHL fans want.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
**MOD WARNING**
I shouldn't have to say this, but I probably need to ... Do not go to the Flyers board. It won't end well for you. Say what you have to say on the main board. And do not bring their comments back here, either.

Last edited:

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
First time I have watched a game live and not tape delayed in a long time and what a rollercoaster it was.

Huge pluses for Jake, Sid, Horny and Maatta, scoring 8 without Geno is incredible even against that joke of a defence. Adjusting the D and shutting down the game in the third was huge too.

Minuses for Murray and Letang... that cross check on Couturier was one of the stupidest things he has ever done and wee all know he has a penchant for stupid. But who cares, none playoff series wins a row, bring it on Caps/Jackets!

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Letang's 10 cent brain finally pays off. What player comes out of the box after taking the dumbest penalty of the year... and goes to commit another dumb penalty? That should have been called. Even though Couturier embellished... if that were a Penguins player tripped i would have broke my TV.

Just another missed call. Refs had zero handle on the rulebook tonight. Make up calls. Missing calls. Phantom calls. Whatever. Everyone was screwed.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad