Post-Game Talk: Penguins 8, Flyers 5 - Jake says . . . IT'S OVAAAH! (Guentzel mic'd up post #663)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
++++++++++++ Jake Guentzel: Insane. He had one shift that completely took over the game. He was so dominant. It's not even his goals, it's everything else. So dominant. That shift completely took over the game. Jake was the hero we needed to step up. Wow.

++++++ Sid: Also took over in this game. I am running out of words. Sid lived up to his hype and more.

I agree with all of this but especially these two. I knew Sid would step up. I didn't know who else would. Jake stepping up like that was so HUGE. And he was great last game too.

We're so blessed to have a secondary guy like Jake who steps up like this in the playoffs. For years we lacked those secondary guys who could thrive in t he playoffs and now we've got them in Phil, Jake, Rust.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
++++++++++++ Jake Guentzel: Insane. He had one shift that completely took over the game. He was so dominant. It's not even his goals, it's everything else. So dominant. That shift completely took over the game. Jake was the hero we needed to step up. Wow.

++++++ Sid: Also took over in this game. I am running out of words. Sid lived up to his hype and more.

++++ Maatta: Best and only defender I will give a plus to. Had an extra jump in his game. His outlets were crisp. He was joining the rush.

+++ Sheahan: Great Jordan Staal-like game by Sheahan. Faceoffs, PK, offense, etc. Really great stuff by Sheahan.

++ Sully: Look... it may not show tonight but trusting Mur for the 3rd period was a gamble that may pay off in the next round. He trusted Mur, when he shouldn't have, and we won the game. That is a gamble. And that gamble might restore confidence in #30. Confidence we need.

+++++++++++++ Team defense: When Mur struggled, the team defense shut down the Flyers in the 3rd period. Most notably Sheahan/Sid. Sid made a play early in the 3rd that was mindnumbing backcheck/hustle. And he blocked the shot and got us an outlet. That team defense restored Mur's confidence even the slightest.

----- Injuries: Dammit. Exactly what we needed to avoid. The playoffs is all about luck and we need Hags/Geno back. We need Kessel/Horny at full health. We need Mur at full health.

- Defense: I'm going to leave it at that. Pathetic by Letang. Pathetic by Schultz. Dumo had an inconsistent game.
I'll post my thoughts later, just wanted to double down on your Maatta's assessment, wow what a f.... game from number 3 tonight

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
GfU443A.gif

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
This is what can happen during a rivalry series. I wouldnt look at this as a sign of things to come going forward. Well besides Jake breaking the record for goals at 19 in the playoffs.

Crosby already at 13 points. Kessel got 2 assists..we really need his shot back tho. Any bad talk about kessel is all about him being injured...only thing im worried about. Hes not half assing it out there for any other reason.

Murray will have games like this...then shutouts in others.

9 series in a row. f***in right boys.

Reactions: Angrrus

NastyNick

Sep 7, 2007
Pittsburgh
Letang's 10 cent brain finally pays off. What player comes out of the box after taking the dumbest penalty of the year... and goes to commit another dumb penalty? That should have been called. Even though Couturier embellished... if that were a Penguins player tripped i would have broke my TV.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Sid's line won it for us. He, Jake obviously and Hornqvist made things happen.

We beat Philly. On to the next. Get healthy, and beat a tired Washington/Jackets winner.

Reactions: StaalForOne
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad