Post-Game Talk: Penguins 5, Flyers 4 (OT) - @ColePens Loses His **** After the 2nd, Penguins Comeback in the 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
It's gonna suck when the Flyers get a good coach because there is still enough talent there to be a threat and they keep building with more young players every year. They'll be good in the next few years I think.

They do this once every decade or so and manage to f*** it all up before it ever really reaches it's full fruition.

Reactions: EightyOne

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Hagelin was ferocious on the forecheck, and though he didn't score he was very visible and helped hem Philly in their end. Great game by him.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Rowney, hags Rust
check this out
27:3 Corsi
21:2 Fenwick
16:1 chances

it does not get much better

I wanted to reach through my tv and throttle Rowney after one play in the second though where someone gave him a great pass right near the top of the circle and instead of shooting it immediately he looked everywhere else on the ice for a pass before finally trying to shoot. It's like dude have some frickin confidence in yourself and shoot the f***ing puck!

And poor Hagelin couldn't put a puck in the ocean right now.

At least Rusty is heating up.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Hagelin was ferocious on the forecheck, and though he didn't score he was very visible and helped hem Philly in their end. Great game by him.

He’s pretty good at that just needs to produce a little more but if his line as a whole is killing it then it’s cool. If his line mates aren’t then it’s a problem.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
It's a good thing we got 3 days off if MM is out. Enough time to see if we need a backup goalie or not. TJ will be our main man untill MM is back.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Wish this team would try for an entire game.

Praying that Murray is only out a short time.

I watch the Pens all the time as they're my second team, and I also have noticed the very obvious half-efforts they seem to be giving. Any thoughts on maybe if the team's trying to mimic the Kings of 2012/2014 and coast into the playoffs and then turn it on? The low effort with bursts of excellent play really reminds me of that.

Reactions: EightyOne

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
Have to hand the keys to Jarry, but we call up DeSmith and hope that they help each other. All depends on MM's prognosis. Or maybe we claim Niemi off waivers now with Price back.:sarcasm:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Rowney, hags Rust
check this out
27:3 Corsi
21:2 Fenwick
16:1 chances

it does not get much better

Makes sense why they were out with 2 minutes left. They deserved it. I thought Rust picked right up where Horny left off to start the first. The guy was possessed all period. Those 2 guys really changed momentum.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
It would be amazing if the Penguins managed to have Hagelin-Sheahan/Rowney-Rust as their 4th line at the end of the season. That's a great 4th line.

Say we trade Cole+ a 3rd for Bozak. And call up Sprong.

Sheary-Crosby-Hornqvist
Guentzel-Malkin-Sprong
Hags-Bozak-Kessel
Archibald-Sheahan-Rust

I like it. Two faceoff studs in the bottom six. And each line has a driver.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Say we trade Cole+ a 3rd for Bozak. And call up Sprong.

Sheary-Crosby-Hornqvist
Guentzel-Malkin-Sprong
Hags-Bozak-Kessel
Archibald-Sheahan-Rust

I like it. Two faceoff studs in the bottom six. And each line has a driver.

I’d be concerned about Sprong and Jake on the same line but if it’s not working Rust and Sprong swap.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Especially if it's only a short term injury. Murray has been playing too much.

Giving MM a needed rest is only part of it.

Mostly we need to evaluate if he can step in if needed when these games count. You can not do that with a now and then game mostly at the tail end of a back to back. Before the deadline we need to know whether he stays up or if we need to be shopping for a backup.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Pens biggest issue all year has been Sid's play, its nice to see Sid starting to look like himself again.

Its not a coincidence that the pens are scoring a lot more now that Sid has picked up his play.

Just like every other team in the NHL pens need their best players to play good to win.

Reactions: BillPrep
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad