Post-Game Talk: Penguins 5, Flyers 4 (OT) - @ColePens Loses His **** After the 2nd, Penguins Comeback in the 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
+Screw the Flyers
+Jake stays hot
- that wasn't murrays leg hitting the post tgat was the issue... his other leg caught the ice wrong when he was pushing off on it then it got bowled into... thats the kind of thing that leads to giant year ending knee injuries

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Pens are like that alcoholic neighbor. You know the one.

Who beats his wife, misses work and makes you and everyone else cover for him. Cheats on his taxes, drives 109 miles an hour when drunk. And nothing happens to him except that he wins the lottery.

This will be an especially good analogy if we manage to miss the playoffs and get Dahlin :laugh:

We're not out of the woods by any means. It's going to be a fight.

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
My Christmas Wist List:

1. Murray not seriously hurt(even though Jarry looks fine)

2. Resign Hornqvist

3. Trade Cole for a foward who can score

Didn’t pay too much attention to the game because of Cole rumors, but that play from Letang to Crosby was great. Rust-Crosby-Hornqvist looked good in that one shift, too.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
So basically until the Flyers went all gangsta on Murray the Pens were doing their usual groundhog routine in this game...that's what I got out of this...

Reactions: EightyOne and KIRK

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
+f*** Philthydelphia

+Sid is back

+Jarry kept them in it

+Rutherford realized he has to make a trade or two with this current roster constructed as is

+ Good comeback win

- Philly isn’t a good team and this shouldn’t have been such a dog fight. Gotta beat the shitty teams better

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
Jarry played nice. Not Murray caliber of course but I think we are fine with him starting.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Pens are like that alcoholic neighbor. You know the one.

Who beats his wife, misses work and makes you and everyone else cover for him. Cheats on his taxes, drives 109 miles an hour when drunk. And nothing happens to him except that he wins the lottery.

Yeahhhhh. That alcoholic neighbour from my childhood home died of cirrhosis.

Reactions: EightyOne

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Thank goodness for this team's talent, cuz they couldn't put together a complete 60-minute effort for the life of them.

Also thank goodness for Jarry. Looks like Murray's in some distress.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
that Rowney, Rust and hagelin line was our best line tonight,

Could've easily had another goal for us.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Well they definitely got better as the game went on. The 3rd was an amazing period. Hope that Murray is okay.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
+**** Philthydelphia

+Sid is back

+Jarry kept them in it

+Rutherford realized he has to make a trade or two with this current roster constructed as is

+ Good comeback win

- Philly isn’t a good team and this shouldn’t have been such a dog fight. Gotta beat the ****ty teams better

Another game where the Pens were outscored 5 on 5.

Reactions: EightyOne

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Those Pens, the ones who played in the third period, are the Pens we've have clamoring for. The "hunger" was definitely there.

CertifiedLurker

Aug 13, 2016
I still think the defensemen on this team are dumber than a bag of bricks when it comes to puck management in their own zone, however Crosby has really come to life and Hornqvist is a battler. Good things to come.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I also thought Letang was great in the 1st, sucked in the 2nd, and was great in the 3rd and OT. His play is trending upwards. Just need consistency and cut out the blind passes on the PP.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
Columbus and NJ most lost in regulation, so good night overall in the standings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad