Post-Game Talk: Penguins 5, Blue Jackets 4 (OT) - Playoff Phil Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
I don't think they'd be proving much against Ottawa.
It’s not about “proving” anything, it’s about put themselves in the best possible position to win in the playoffs.

Starting at home will be huge for this team because of their road woes this year. Put yourself in the best position to win round 1 while letting the big dogs beat up on each other.

Reactions: ColePens

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Hey Pens fans!

Is Murray going b2b against Ottawa tonight so you guys can nail down home ice? REALLY need that start (and win) from him in my pool.

Any info would be appreciated.

We honestly don't know yet. Very 50/50.

Yeah, I’ve really come around to the whole @ColePens lazy / effort myth the whole year. Team is either not caring, trying to pull off fancy plays instead of getting the puck deep or on net, or just like floating.

You would think one time it would bite them in the butt. :laugh:

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
1) DeSmith isn't going to save them if Murray is ineffective in the playoffs.

2) The Penguins will have 5 or 6 days off in between this game and their first playoff game. Fatigue won't be a concern. Injury is a concern - for every player in every game.

A lot of you need to stop being panicky grandmas.

Murray should get the Sens game too. DeSmith could steal a game or two, but unless they went 3 goalie rotation (which would suck for WBS) I am a little worried about the goaltending especially since the coaching for the team defense is atrocious this year.

I have faith in Murray though, when the playoffs start, I expect him to just flip that switch and be ice cold.

Reactions: ColePens

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I don't see their defensive woes as anything systematic either. Every breakdown can be easily explained by individual players making poor plays/decisions.

Even when a "system" calls for the D to pinch, even the most reckless coach isn't telling his guys to not use their head when making that choice.

100% agree, the problem is the defense as a whole continues to make the same mistakes game after game after game. To this point they haven't seen fit to remedy these matters. It's getting to the point that their not gonna come around. I hope they do but I tend to doubt that they will.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
100% agree, the problem is the defense as a whole continues to make the same mistakes game after game after game. To this point they haven't seen fit to remedy these matters. It's getting to the point that their not gonna come around. I hope they do but I tend to doubt that they will.
the longer they let the habit grow...... the harder it is to fix.

Reactions: Ryder71

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Sheary not getting enough credit for that goal.

And he needed that for his confidence going forward.

If he can play like he did during the regular season last year in these playoffs it makes us way more dangerous.

We already have 7 guys who've proved they step up their game in the playoffs. If Sheary can just get on Rust's level that will go a long way.

And we need all the offense we can get with this defense, and possibly goaltending.

Reactions: Brandinho

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Starting at home isn’t huge but it’s probably better for the team to be able to build some momentum right off the hop. Whatever is easier at this point since fatigue is something that will affect them more than any other team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad